|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Holly take with her when she goes to the surface?
(a) A platinum handgun.
(b) A nuclear weapon.
(c) A laser gun.
(d) A machine gun.
2. What does Artemis have to use to see the sprite?
(a) Night-vision goggles.
(b) A magnifying glass.
(c) Thick glasses.
(d) Night-vision glasses.
3. Why doesn't Artemis want to stick around once he gives the sprite the second vial?
(a) He feels sick.
(b) He is in a rush to go home.
(c) He has what he came for.
(d) Watching her go through withdrawals won't be pretty.
4. Why is Angeline Fowl bedridden?
(a) Muscular dystrophy.
(b) Brain damage.
(c) Nervous tension.
5. How did Artemis Senior lose a large amount of the family fortune?
(a) He blew up 250,000 cans of soda.
(b) He stole a missile.
(c) In the stock market.
(d) He made the Russian Mafia angry.
6. What place does Holly wish to visit on her trip to the Ritual site?
(a) The Blarney Stone.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) Disneyland, Paris.
(d) The Tower of Pisa.
7. What kind of creature is Foaly?
(d) A centaur.
8. What does Holly lie to Root about?
(a) Her magic.
(b) Her fear.
(c) Her desire to go retrieve a lost one.
(d) Her lack of a sidearm.
9. Where are the Butler children sent at the age of 10?
(a) To the Underground.
(b) To a training camp in Vietnam.
(c) To the Fowler mansion.
(d) To a training camp in Israel.
10. What kind of wings does Holly own?
11. What does the sprite wear on her head?
(a) A baseball cap.
(b) A bag.
(c) A beret.
(d) A shawl.
12. On the Internet, what were the fairies referred as?
(a) Magical beings.
(d) The People.
13. What does Holly have on her wrist when she first reaches the surface?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A locator.
(c) A camera.
(d) A watch.
14. What is Butler reading at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Humans and Fairies.
(b) Finding the Book.
(c) How to Treat a Sprite.
(d) Guns & Ammo.
15. What is included in Butler's list for their journey that confuses him?
(b) A laundry bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Artemis prepares to leave his mother's room in Chapter 2, how does she treat him?
2. To whom is Juliet related?
3. Why is Holly upset at the beginning of Chapter 3 when the reader first meets her?
4. Why doesn't Artemis kill the sprite and take the book?
5. Which skill is NOT taught to a Butler?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)