|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artemis need the gold for?
(a) To reinvest in the stock market.
(b) To replace the family fortune.
(c) To find the stolen missile.
(d) To find his father.
2. On the stake out in Chapter 4, what is troubling Artemis?
(a) The camouflage outfits he designed.
(b) The lack of fairy sightings.
(c) His mother's condition.
(d) The weather.
3. How much money does the spy, Nguyen, get for his efforts in selling out the fairy?
4. What kind of creature is Foaly?
(c) A centaur.
5. What information does the Book contain?
(a) History only.
(b) History and commandments.
(c) Commandments only.
(d) Where to find fairies.
6. Why is Holly running low on magic?
(a) It is taken from her by her superiors.
(b) She has misused what she has.
(c) She has not performed the Ritual.
(d) It is taken from her by Artemis.
7. What symbol leads Artemis to the reading of the Book?
(a) The Anubis figure.
(b) An arrow.
(c) The sun.
8. Why does Holly not go to the best site for the ritual?
(a) It will be overcrowded.
(b) She can't find it.
(c) She has another favorite spot.
(d) She wants to go where others will be.
9. Why is Angeline Fowl bedridden?
(a) Muscular dystrophy.
(b) Nervous tension.
(c) Brain damage.
10. For what is the Fowl family legendary?
(a) Their philanthropic works.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their criminal activity.
(d) Their connection with the Mafia.
11. What is Butler reading at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Guns & Ammo.
(b) How to Treat a Sprite.
(c) Humans and Fairies.
(d) Finding the Book.
12. How many hours does Artemis sleep before translating the Book in full?
13. What position does Holly take to avoid the fire being shot at her?
(a) She falls down.
(b) She climbs the tree.
(c) She rolls into a ball.
(d) She stands completely still.
14. What weapon does Holly take with her when she goes to the surface?
(a) A laser gun.
(b) A nuclear weapon.
(c) A machine gun.
(d) A platinum handgun.
15. How does Holly physically get to the surface on her mission?
(a) An elevator.
(b) A pod.
(c) A missile.
(d) A helicopter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artemis have to use to see the sprite?
2. Why does Foaly wear a tinfoil hat?
3. What species is Holly, technically?
4. How did Artemis Senior lose a large amount of the family fortune?
5. From where did the word "leprechaun" originate according to the text?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)