|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artemis need the gold for?
(a) To find the stolen missile.
(b) To find his father.
(c) To replace the family fortune.
(d) To reinvest in the stock market.
2. What kind of establishment does the troll wander into?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A school.
(d) A restaurant.
3. What is Butler carrying on his person?
(a) A tracking device.
(d) Lots of money.
4. What is Artemis's main problem now that he has the translated Book?
(a) Convincing his mother to let him search for a fairy.
(b) Using the magic in the Book.
(c) Locating a rainbow.
(d) Locating a leprechaun.
5. What does Juliet call Artemis that annoys him?
(a) Mr. Fowl.
(c) Little man.
6. How many commandments are in the Book?
7. For what is the Fowl family legendary?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) Their connection with the Mafia.
(c) Their philanthropic works.
(d) Their criminal activity.
8. What does Artemis use to capture Holly?
(a) A duffel bag.
(b) Butler's force.
(d) A dart tranquilizer.
9. Why is Angeline Fowl bedridden?
(a) Nervous tension.
(b) Brain damage.
(c) Muscular dystrophy.
10. As Artemis prepares to leave his mother's room in Chapter 2, how does she treat him?
(a) She is yelling at him.
(b) With love.
(c) As though she does not know him.
(d) With disgust.
11. What does Artemis promise the sprite in return for the Book?
(a) An antidote.
12. What is Artemis hoping the web site that he kept running twenty-four hours a day would show him?
(a) News of the fairies.
(b) News of his father.
(c) News of war.
(d) News of his stock rising.
13. Who does Nguyen pretend to be?
(a) A guard.
(b) The waiter.
(c) A spy.
(d) An elf.
14. How do fairies keep from being seen?
(a) They can become invisible.
(b) They vibrate at a high frequency.
(c) They use shields.
(d) They fly away quickly.
15. Why does Artemis shut down his ever running web site?
(a) He has gotten the information that he needs from it.
(b) He needs the computer to concentrate on the Book.
(c) He knows it will not ever give him his needed information.
(d) He is tired of looking at it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is included in Butler's list for their journey that confuses him?
2. When was the last time Holly had performed the Ritual?
3. What did Holly have to plant in order to regain her powers?
4. In Chapter 2, what has kept Angeline from sleeping?
5. Why is Holly upset at the beginning of Chapter 3 when the reader first meets her?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)