|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The authors point out that much of the art pieces they see are all of these words EXCEPT:
2. The authors believe that artists should set expectations for ___________ in their work, as opposed to aiming for perfection.
3. ___________ will always go ahead of execution, so the fear of a failure to execute this is always present.
4. Caring too much about ______________ allows others to decide whether an artist's work is art at all.
5. _____________ is another common fear of artists, in which they do not produce anything and they feel they are not worth anything.
(a) Manic states.
(d) Anger moods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Part of a life must be bound up in _____________ in order for this art to have purpose, according to the authors.
2. Artists may become paralyzed by positive ___________ or they might begin to follow the wishes of others.
3. In truth, the authors state, there is generally no good reason why others should ___________ about most of any one artist's work.
4. The authors claim that worrying about whether one has __________ is a waste of time, in their opinion.
5. Another question which comes up in the art process is why the artist will sometimes __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between art making and talent, according to the authors of this book?
2. Why is the loss of motivation a particularly difficult situation for students of art?
3. Why do the authors feel many artists quit in their artistic endeavors, according to this section of the book?
4. What do the authors have to say about the process of quitting as an artist?
5. What happens to young artists who become self conscious about their art and about their work?
6. While art is generally made alone, according to the authors, what still matters?
7. What is the advice and the inspiration the authors want to leave the author with in the beginning of this book?
8. What are the four things which matter in art making, though they do not aid in the day to day creation of art?
9. When do artists only care about impressing others, according to the opinions of the authors?
10. What do the authors advise an artist should do when it comes to their art and criticism?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)