|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. New artwork enlarges ___________, according to the authors of this book, which is why new things must be tried.
2. The artist should seek the challenge not only to reassure themselves, but also to achieve a measure of _____________ on the quality of the work.
3. While teaching involves learning, the teacher must still struggle in order to preserve their __________ to control their own art.
4. Because the work of many artists is considered ____________, artists can often have bad reputations in the outside world.
5. The thought of going to _________ is a thought which seems to conjure up conformity, which is something that no artist wants.
(a) A scheduled day.
(c) A gallery.
(d) Public studio.
6. Artists with great self discipline often can not handle the ______________ others might place on them.
7. Many universities will want their teachers to have ___________, which can also cause the artist to be limited in what and how they do the things they do.
(a) Lots of training.
(b) A specialty.
(c) Teaching experience.
(d) Produced art shows.
8. Academic policy can get in the way by implementing regulations which serve no function or which produce ___________ for artwork.
(a) No time.
(b) Increased pressure.
(c) Little support.
(d) Bad outcomes.
9. Criteria of ___________, when it comes to art, can become systemized and it can present disadvantages.
(a) Art pieces.
(b) Art structure.
10. What is NOT one of the things which an artist might need to do in order to produce artwork?
(a) Clean one's studio.
(b) Mail various items.
(c) Manage a gallery.
(d) Create marketing strategies.
11. ___________ includes the techniques involved in producing the art, whereas art is something different, according to the authors.
12. The __________ line, according to the authors, is the line between one's vision and one's current degree of execution.
13. Art advances the field and it exists in the __________ between pieces not within the pieces themselves, according to the authors.
14. A crucial problem for many artists is whether to use _____________ tools or to use new ones in art making.
15. It is hard to produce the same sort of art from another's ______________, according to the authors, is impossible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Degrees can allow a person to get involved in an art establishment, but this can have a ____________ effect.
2. Artists see themselves as competing not with each other, but to produce the best ___________according to the authors.
3. The best art will seek to ____________ both the viewer and the creator, according to the authors.
4. The production of art will be made easier down the road if a person strives to learn basic ______________, according to the authors.
5. _______ programs in collage have an important and positive function, though they are still unpopular in the creative world.
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)