|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is hard to produce the same sort of art from another's ______________, according to the authors, is impossible.
2. ___________ committees rarely choose people for teaching positions based on talent and judging teachers at all is difficult.
3. Modern art does not seem to understand that an artist needs to take their own ___________ at the time when creating.
4. It's interesting to point out that art teachers have ________ reputations in the art world, according to the authors.
5. While many schools can hire artists to be teachers at their schools, they might not help to sustain the artist's ability to _______________.
(a) Do their own work.
(b) Move forward.
(c) Get noticed.
(d) Thrive under pressure.
6. Feedback which is received from a piece of art should be something which will __________ an artist, according to the authors.
7. Artists must seek out ___________, publication, and exhibitions in order to spread the word about their art.
8. ___________ is often a reward in itself and helps an artist to share their ideas with others, which can improve art as well.
(a) Community art making.
(c) Being a student.
(d) Not being hired.
9. An artist needs to have ___________ in order to not get caught up in the negative competition, according to the authors.
10. ___________ includes the techniques involved in producing the art, whereas art is something different, according to the authors.
11. The artist should seek the challenge not only to reassure themselves, but also to achieve a measure of _____________ on the quality of the work.
12. Everyone feels _________ at some point for not being recognized for their art, and they will check to see how they rank regularly.
13. Sometimes, this __________ work of being an artist can get in the way, according to the authors.
14. Academic policy can get in the way by implementing regulations which serve no function or which produce ___________ for artwork.
(a) Bad outcomes.
(b) Little support.
(c) No time.
(d) Increased pressure.
15. Artists with great self discipline often can not handle the ______________ others might place on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because the work of many artists is considered ____________, artists can often have bad reputations in the outside world.
2. Many universities will want their teachers to have ___________, which can also cause the artist to be limited in what and how they do the things they do.
3. Whether one gets a job at a university will be helped by the artist's _________ in the community doing shows and exhibiting at galleries.
4. Artists will continually use ____________ for their own purposes, with competition being one of these energies.
5. Art is always bound up in what the _____________ desires, according to the authors.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)