|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Feedback which is received from a piece of art should be something which will __________ an artist, according to the authors.
2. In order to teach art, one must have a ___________, which has limited the market in terms of art teaching positions.
3. __________ is best understood by those who make it, not by those who view it, according to the authors.
(a) The movie.
(b) The review.
(c) A mistake.
4. New artwork enlarges ___________, according to the authors of this book, which is why new things must be tried.
5. What is the third question posed at the start of this chapter, helping to refine the vision of an artist?
(a) What did the artist do?
(b) Was it worth doing?
(c) Was the artist successful?
(d) What was the artist trying to build?
6. Many art makers will want to __________ their activities as an artist since others have done so and have derived pleasure from these pieces.
7. Artists must seek out ___________, publication, and exhibitions in order to spread the word about their art.
8. A true artist understands that ___________ will show the diligence of their art practice and goals, according to the authors.
(a) The right techniques.
(b) Hard work.
(c) The right materials.
9. Many students feel that becoming a faculty member at a college would ___________ their creativity as artists.
10. It is hard to produce the same sort of art from another's ______________, according to the authors, is impossible.
11. Everyone feels _________ at some point for not being recognized for their art, and they will check to see how they rank regularly.
12. Artists will continually use ____________ for their own purposes, with competition being one of these energies.
(a) Truth energy.
(b) Hyper energy.
(c) Manic energy.
(d) Raw energy.
13. ____________ is total and the art of an artist is always tied to who and to what the artist is, according to the authors.
14. A true artist will not be afraid of their art, but will learn to ___________ the art as well as the fear, according to the authors.
(a) Succumb to.
(b) Drown in.
(d) Hide from.
15. _______ programs in collage have an important and positive function, though they are still unpopular in the creative world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many artists are rated based on the grants they might receive from the National ___________ for the Arts.
2. Sometimes, this __________ work of being an artist can get in the way, according to the authors.
3. When teachers stop being ___________, they also often stop making their own art, according to the authors.
4. Art comes from one's _____________ in one's own life, according to the authors, not from simply viewing art.
5. An artist needs to have ___________ in order to not get caught up in the negative competition, according to the authors.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)