|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many students feel that becoming a faculty member at a college would ___________ their creativity as artists.
2. To do good work as an artist, the artist must be a part of their ___________ and of their own time, according to the authors.
(a) Learning process.
3. The artist should seek the challenge not only to reassure themselves, but also to achieve a measure of _____________ on the quality of the work.
4. The artist should use _______________ to illustrate ideas and not to wow the art community.
(b) Paper backing.
(c) Multiple media techniques.
(d) Art techniques.
5. A true artist understands that ___________ will show the diligence of their art practice and goals, according to the authors.
(a) The right materials.
(b) The right techniques.
(d) Hard work.
6. While many schools can hire artists to be teachers at their schools, they might not help to sustain the artist's ability to _______________.
(a) Get noticed.
(b) Thrive under pressure.
(c) Move forward.
(d) Do their own work.
7. Artists must seek out ___________, publication, and exhibitions in order to spread the word about their art.
8. Relying on what is within an artist can also increase the risk of _____________, according to the authors.
9. _______ programs in collage have an important and positive function, though they are still unpopular in the creative world.
10. Artists with great self discipline often can not handle the ______________ others might place on them.
11. The __________ line, according to the authors, is the line between one's vision and one's current degree of execution.
12. Seeings one's past ________ can be discouraging and humiliating, but it can also point out where an artist has improved.
13. When an artist's work seems to be a little too risque for some folks, an artist must realize their work may be __________.
14. One needs to keep in mind that __________ by others can become technical, sterile, and draw on creativity, according to the authors.
15. Criteria of ___________, when it comes to art, can become systemized and it can present disadvantages.
(b) Art structure.
(c) Art pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many artists are rated based on the grants they might receive from the National ___________ for the Arts.
2. __________ often follows a particular plan, albeit sometimes one that takes great skill to achieve, according to the authors.
3. It's interesting to point out that art teachers have ________ reputations in the art world, according to the authors.
4. An artist needs to have ___________ in order to not get caught up in the negative competition, according to the authors.
5. The authors describe ___________ as the peripheral vision of the find and something that is crucial to being an artist.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)