|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sometimes, artists will imagine the ___________ surrounding them, which can lead to paralysis, according to the authors.
(c) Other artists.
2. The artists also seem to have less ____________ structure in which to become inspired to make that next piece.
3. ____________ will almost always disappoint, according to the authors of this book in this section.
(a) Other artists.
4. When an artist spends too much time looking for perfection, they can end up wasting _____________ on a piece which only improves slightly.
5. Whether or not an artist has talent should make no difference on how they should ___________ with their work.
(a) Live life.
6. A person can pretend to be ___________, but they can not pretend to be making art, even when that art is bad.
(a) Enjoying art.
(b) An artist.
(c) A writer.
7. When an artist looks for others to understand them, this becomes a situation of __________ over the artist as the others can now hurt the feelings of the artist.
8. Acceptance only involves the ____________ regarding your work as an artist, according to the authors.
9. _____________ is another common fear of artists, in which they do not produce anything and they feel they are not worth anything.
(a) Manic states.
(d) Anger moods.
10. One's art can be accepted in a community without being ______________, according to the authors.
(a) Approved of.
11. Many artists will find they want to quit their projects when they lost sight of the __________ of their art.
12. __________ usually produces paralysis because all humans are flawed in some way, according to the authors.
13. What group of artists will often leave their training without any support network or form of community to help them?
14. The authors want to inspire artists not to give up solely because they do not feel like a __________.
15. Many times, an artist will begin to follow the ___________ of others because of the criticism they receive.
Short Answer Questions
1. The line between fantasy and ___________ is thin, according to the authors, causing artists to create impractical and destructive situations.
2. Doing something that is known to be acceptable, according to the authors, is something which takes no ___________.
3. Tolerating __________ is one of the keys to producing great art and not being afraid along the way, according to the authors.
4. Artists who worry that things do not come easy for them may want to remember that making art is ___________.
5. A person should be able to pursue __________ interests, no matter what others might think of them.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)