|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ is another common fear of artists, in which they do not produce anything and they feel they are not worth anything.
(a) Anger moods.
(b) Manic states.
2. Art making involves ________ that can be learned, which is one of the assumptions of the authors in this book.
3. The authors point out that much of the art pieces they see are all of these words EXCEPT:
4. ____________ is rarely the answer when it comes to producing art, according to the authors.
5. All artists have ____________ and when they beat these things, that's when they will become better artists.
6. ____________ will almost always disappoint, according to the authors of this book in this section.
(a) Other artists.
7. Art making does require a special _____________, but no one knows what this is so the authors say to stop worrying about it.
8. The authors recommend that students try to find work at a __________ whenever possible after they graduate.
9. The authors also point out that a person must not lose ___________ when the original destination of the art evaporates.
10. Many of the greatest talents in the world fail to produce anything of _____________, according to the authors.
(c) Emotional content.
11. A person can pretend to be ___________, but they can not pretend to be making art, even when that art is bad.
(b) Enjoying art.
(c) An artist.
(d) A writer.
12. Young artists, especially, can become ____________ about their work, which can lead them to over think their work.
(d) Self conscious.
13. Artists face a dilemma between taking risks to do things others have yet to ____________, which risks acceptance.
14. The authors are clear to make the distinction between ___________ and acceptance, in this part of the book.
15. The authors point out that the artists of today have more _____________ to create their artistic pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whether or not critics should create __________ for an artist, they still do, according to the authors.
2. Artists should not worry about being misunderstood as ___________ to the understanding can produce bad art.
3. One of the most debilitating fears when it comes to art is a fear about one's __________, according to the authors.
4. Many artists will worry they are _____________ their art, according to the authors of this section of the book.
5. The artists also seem to have less ____________ structure in which to become inspired to make that next piece.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)