|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some artists fear there is a __________ that their art will never have, that it can not ever have, according to the authors.
(a) Mystical wonder.
(c) Finishing touch.
2. Part of a life must be bound up in _____________ in order for this art to have purpose, according to the authors.
(b) Hard work.
3. An artist should seek ____________ criticism, to be sure, but they should also remember that one's art is one's own.
4. _____________ can cause fears, according to the authors, and many artists hold themselves up unrealistically as a result.
5. __________ usually produces paralysis because all humans are flawed in some way, according to the authors.
6. Young artists, especially, can become ____________ about their work, which can lead them to over think their work.
(c) Self conscious.
7. The authors point out that most artists will __________, even though they feel this is not necessary.
(c) Commit suicide.
8. The authors are clear to make the distinction between ___________ and acceptance, in this part of the book.
9. Art making has been around longer than the art ____________, according to the authors who have written this book.
10. In today's times, the authors note, there is no ________ to dictate what is beautiful when it comes to art and art production.
11. The ___________ becomes the enemy of the good, for when an artist produces something good, they just want it to be better.
(a) Art world.
12. To be an artist in one's life, this person must always ___________ again, even when they don't want to.
13. _____________ is another common fear of artists, in which they do not produce anything and they feel they are not worth anything.
(c) Manic states.
(d) Anger moods.
14. All artists have ____________ and when they beat these things, that's when they will become better artists.
15. Acceptance only involves the ____________ regarding your work as an artist, according to the authors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the artists the authors have seen will quit because of __________ troubles which are occurring.
2. Many artists will worry they are _____________ their art, according to the authors of this section of the book.
3. Many artists will find they want to quit their projects when they lost sight of the __________ of their art.
4. ____________ requires stopping and not starting again, according to the authors of the book.
5. Making the art you want to make means finding __________ within the work itself, according to the authors.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)