|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Conceptual Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of artists will often leave their training without any support network or form of community to help them?
2. It's interesting to point out that art teachers have ________ reputations in the art world, according to the authors.
3. An artist needs to have ___________ in order to not get caught up in the negative competition, according to the authors.
4. In truth, the authors state, there is generally no good reason why others should ___________ about most of any one artist's work.
5. The artist should use _______________ to illustrate ideas and not to wow the art community.
(a) Art techniques.
(b) Paper backing.
(c) Multiple media techniques.
Short Answer Questions
1. Art existed long before ____________, according to the authors, but some artists feel that they need these anyways.
2. Young artists must learn to accept their __________, rather than becoming paralyzed by them.
3. Academic policy can get in the way by implementing regulations which serve no function or which produce ___________ for artwork.
4. Many artists are rated based on the grants they might receive from the National ___________ for the Arts.
5. ____________ requires stopping and not starting again, according to the authors of the book.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)