|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Talia fight back?
(a) She throws one of them in the river.
(b) She calls for Rolan.
(c) She fights the way her weaponmaster teachers her.
(d) She uses her sword.
2. With whom does Talia take a blood bond?
(a) No one; Heralds are not allowed blood bonds.
3. What does Talia learn that her gift is?
(c) Thought sensing.
4. What does Talia realize about part of her gift?
(a) She can actually read minds when given permission.
(b) She can conjure images of someone who has died.
(c) She is good at comforting people in grief.
(d) She is able to heal major wounds.
5. What causes Elspeth's bratty personality to change?
(a) Receiving praise at the school.
(b) The return of Hulda.
(c) Bonding with the colt she helps deliver.
(d) Becoming close to Rolan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Talia been at the Collegium at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. What is odd about what happens when a Herald dies?
3. Who waits in ambush for Talia?
4. Why does Talia rush to Keren?
5. Who sends out overwhelming feelings at Beltren's service?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other gifts does it appear Talia possesses?
2. How does the Queen retrieve the arrows that killed Ylsa?
3. What happens to demonstrate that the harassing has gone beyond school kids' pranks?
4. What does Talia learn about Herald's Gifts?
5. How is Talia saved from drowning?
6. What does Talia decide she needs to do as she is growing in her gift and duties?
7. How is Talia's life at the Collegium three years after her arrival?
8. What makes a significant change in Elspeth's attitude towards companions?
9. What does Talia do at the memorial service for Beltren?
10. What does Talia ask Skif to do and how does she rescue him?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)