|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who waits in ambush for Talia?
(a) The Reds.
(b) The new Heralds.
(c) The Blues.
(d) Talia's best friend as a joke.
2. Who does Talia confide in concerning her problems?
(d) The Queen.
3. Who sends out overwhelming feelings at Beltren's service?
(b) The Queen.
(d) The Dean.
4. What is the unknown nobleman's goal for Elspeth?
(a) To teach her how to be more independent.
(b) To make her hate her country.
(c) To make her malleable when she becomes Queen.
(d) To make her unfit for being Chosen.
5. With whom does Talia take a blood bond?
(d) No one; Heralds are not allowed blood bonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How accurate is Rolan at seeing "through" Talia's eyes?
2. What does Ylsa realize about Talia?
3. For whom does the death bell toll?
4. Why do Skif and Talia dress all in black?
5. Who wants Elspeth to become an active student in training?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Talia learn about Herald's Gifts?
2. How does Talia learn what one of her major her gifts is?
3. How is Talia's life at the Collegium three years after her arrival?
4. What makes a significant change in Elspeth's attitude towards companions?
5. How is Talia saved from drowning?
6. What other gifts does it appear Talia possesses?
7. What does Talia learns about Hulda?
8. What does Skif tell Talia about the Death Bell?
9. Why is Skif dressed in black one night and why does Talia do the same?
10. What does Talia ask Skif to do and how does she rescue him?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)