|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can give Heralds a headache?
(a) Communicating mind to mind with other Heralds.
(b) Trying to communicate with a companion that is not their own.
(c) Using their gifts too much.
(d) Using their gifts incorrectly.
2. How accurate is Rolan at seeing "through" Talia's eyes?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 100 percent.
3. What causes Elspeth's bratty personality to change?
(a) Becoming close to Rolan.
(b) Receiving praise at the school.
(c) The return of Hulda.
(d) Bonding with the colt she helps deliver.
4. Who sends out overwhelming feelings at Beltren's service?
(a) The Dean.
(d) The Queen.
5. What does Talia's guard tell her?
(a) How Rolan came to the school.
(b) About the Death Bell.
(c) Why Beltren died.
(d) How Heralds are chosen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sherrill get a white uniform?
2. What is odd about what happens when a Herald dies?
3. Who greets Talia when she gets back to her room?
4. What does Talia realize about part of her gift?
5. What is the advice given Talia by her confidant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What subject does Sherrill broach with Talia before Sherrill leaves on her first assignment?
2. What does Skif ask of Talia and how does Talia respond?
3. What does Talia learn about Herald's Gifts?
4. Who does Talia confide in and what does he tell her?
5. What is disconcerting about Elspeth?
6. What happens after the students return from Midwinter Festival?
7. What does Skif tell Talia about the Death Bell?
8. What does Talia learns about Hulda?
9. What makes a significant change in Elspeth's attitude towards companions?
10. What is the circumstances of Elspeth being accepted in the community of Heralds?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)