|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do her ambushers seem determined to do?
(a) Teach Talia how to defend herself.
(b) Make Rolan die of grief.
(c) Kill Talia.
(d) Teach Talia's father a lesson by hurting her.
2. Who waits in ambush for Talia?
(a) The new Heralds.
(b) The Blues.
(c) The Reds.
(d) Talia's best friend as a joke.
3. Why does Sherrill get a white uniform?
(a) She asks for that color at her initiation.
(b) She is considered an apprentice Herald.
(c) She is a Herald's squire.
(d) She is accepted as a Herald.
4. Who uses Elspeth as an example of a good student?
5. What is odd about what happens when a Herald dies?
(a) The bell rings even though it has no rope or clapper.
(b) The companion turns black for one year.
(c) The companion is invisible for one year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Talia learns about Hulda?
2. What does Ylsa realize about Talia?
3. What does the Dean teach Talia?
4. What does Talia learn that her gift is?
5. Who is instrumental in getting rid of Hulda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Talia ask Skif to do and how does she rescue him?
2. What does Talia learns about Hulda?
3. Why is Skif dressed in black one night and why does Talia do the same?
4. What is the circumstances of Elspeth being accepted in the community of Heralds?
5. What makes a significant change in Elspeth's attitude towards companions?
6. What does Talia do at the memorial service for Beltren?
7. How does Talia learn what one of her major her gifts is?
8. What does the Queen ask of Talia and what is Talia's response?
9. How does Talia learn about Ylsa's death?
10. What does Talia learn about Herald's Gifts?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)