|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the white horse going when he veers off the road?
(a) A waystation.
(b) A castle.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A waterfall.
2. What is a Holding?
(a) The hand a card dealer keeps.
(b) The crown's possessions.
(c) The jewels and money of a noble.
(d) A community of people, on the outer edge of the Kingdom.
3. When does Talia spend time with Rolan?
(a) After archery practice.
(b) Three days after Teren speaks to her about her father's note.
(c) After dinner.
(d) Not for two weeks since the Queen sends him on a mission.
4. Who is Elcarth?
(a) The last of the first companions.
(b) Rolan's companion.
(c) The Queen's husband.
(d) The Dean of the Collegium.
5. What confuses Talia?
(a) How she happened to be riding Rolan to the Collegium.
(b) What direction they are riding.
(c) Why her father has not sent men after her.
(d) Why Rolan seems to be speaking to her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Talia about the women guards she encounters?
2. Who is Keren?
3. How does Teren expect Talia to respond to what he says about her father?
4. Why does Talia decide not to share with others about what is making her unhappy?
5. Whose eyes are gazing at Talia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the woman who came into Talia's room and what does Talia find out from her?
2. What continues unabated and what does Talia do?
3. What concerns Alberich about Talia and how does Talia feel about her first lesson with him?
4. What are Heralds and Companions?
5. What class does Talia go to after weapons training and what is some of the information she gets there?
6. Who are Blues and what do most of the Heralds think of them?
7. Why is Talia called into a meeting with her father's wives?
8. What does Elcarth show Talia and what room most excites her?
9. Where does Talia go after her second weapons class and how does she do with the class?
10. What does Talia learn about the Companions?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)