|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the next female guard like?
(a) She is blind.
(b) She is almsot as big as a giant.
(c) She is surly.
(d) She has been wounded in battle.
2. Why does Talia decide not to share with others about what is making her unhappy?
(a) She is embarrassed that her father is so proud of her.
(b) She does not want to earn the reputation of being a complainer.
(c) She thinks it will make the other kids envy her.
(d) She is embarrassed that her father disowned her.
3. What is a Holding?
(a) The jewels and money of a noble.
(b) The hand a card dealer keeps.
(c) The crown's possessions.
(d) A community of people, on the outer edge of the Kingdom.
4. Who is Alberich?
(a) The weaponsmaster.
(b) The gardener.
(c) The head cook.
(d) The head ostler.
5. What is one thing Talia gets during her tour?
(a) A tattoo showing she is a Herald in training.
(b) A set of horse grooming tools.
(c) Stacks of books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Talia hope for when she returns the horse?
2. What awes Talia?
3. What concerns Elcarth about Talia?
4. What are the Blues?
5. Who pushes Talia around and is verbally abusive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elcarth have to leave Talia's tour?
2. Who are Blues and what do most of the Heralds think of them?
3. What class does Talia go to after weapons training and what is some of the information she gets there?
4. What is Talia's social life like in her holding?
5. Where are Talia and the Companion traveling when she leaves her father's holding?
6. What do some of the female students talk to Talia about in the bath area and what does Talia hope as she falls asleep?
7. What does the man in blue tell Talia she has to do when they talk to him at a small village?
8. What does Talia think about her future as she is bathing?
9. What does Kris show Talia in the library and how long does she stay in the library?
10. Who does Talia meet during the break and what do they do together?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)