|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about the harassment of Talia?
(a) It is part of a general plot to rid the Queen of counsel.
(b) Talia is overreacting to typical pranks.
(c) It is because the students are upset that a commoner is designated the Queen's Own.
(d) It is to get back at Talia's father.
2. Why does Sherrill get a white uniform?
(a) She is considered an apprentice Herald.
(b) She is accepted as a Herald.
(c) She is a Herald's squire.
(d) She asks for that color at her initiation.
3. Why is Selenay upset?
(a) She blames herself that Elspeth is spoiled.
(b) She knows Talia is not experienced enough to help her.
(c) She knows war is imminent.
(d) She blames herself for Beltren's death.
4. What message does Ylsa give Talia?
(a) Something is in the shaft of the arrows.
(b) To please send someone to help her companion who is ill.
(c) The name of the village where Ylsa is sick.
(d) The name of her attackers.
5. What does Talia still need to do as far as her time at the Collegium?
(a) Learn two other languages.
(b) Learn to stand up for herself.
(c) Believe she belongs at the Collegium.
(d) Learn sword fighting better.
6. Who uses Elspeth as an example of a good student?
7. How can Heralds increase their Gift?
(a) By working with another Herald with a complimentary Gift.
(b) Using in tandem with their companion.
(c) By learning to use a trance approach.
(d) By certain herbs.
8. How does Talia fight back?
(a) She throws one of them in the river.
(b) She calls for Rolan.
(c) She uses her sword.
(d) She fights the way her weaponmaster teachers her.
9. What is not done before Hulda vanishes?
(a) She is not paid.
(b) She is not questioned.
(c) She is not given her possessions back.
(d) She is not punished.
10. Who is sentenced to death?
(a) Two highway robbers who kill Ylsa.
(b) No one as the death penalty is not allowed.
(c) A man who kills his family.
(d) Two nobles who were plotting against the Queen.
11. What is the advice given Talia by her confidant?
(a) To only tell the Headmaster.
(b) To not tell anyone and to never be alone.
(c) To go tell the Queen immediately.
(d) To write her father.
12. What does Talia realize about part of her gift?
(a) She can actually read minds when given permission.
(b) She is able to heal major wounds.
(c) She can conjure images of someone who has died.
(d) She is good at comforting people in grief.
13. Who is Neave?
(a) A Healer.
(b) An empath.
(c) A Transmuter.
(d) A projector.
14. What else has the group associated with the harassment of Talia done?
(a) Shown hostility to Rolan.
(b) Harrassed Elspeth.
(c) Nothing that anyone knows about.
(d) Poisoned Talamir.
15. What do Talia and Skif decide about their relationship?
(a) It is just going to be casually sexual and no marriage.
(b) It may blossom into marriage.
(c) It is not going to be sexual.
(d) They do not decide anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes in to guard Talia to relieve the Herald who is guarding her?
2. How many Heralds die in the first year Talia is at the Collegium?
3. For whom does the death bell toll?
4. What does Ylsa realize about Talia?
5. Why is Orthallen disappointed?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)