|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dean teach Talia?
(a) How to read minds.
(b) Why the Heralds are gifted with magic.
(c) How to shield her thoughts and protect herself.
(d) How to call Rolan.
2. How does Talia fight back?
(a) She throws one of them in the river.
(b) She uses her sword.
(c) She calls for Rolan.
(d) She fights the way her weaponmaster teachers her.
3. What does Ylsa realize about Talia?
(a) That Talia has a block she has to over come to use her Gift of though sensing.
(b) That Talia may not have any Gifts.
(c) That Talia is probably a Projector.
(d) That thought sensing may not be Talia's Gift.
4. For whom does the death bell toll?
5. How do some friends test Talia and Rolan's bond?
(a) Creating a maze which Talia must navigate by Rolan's sending her instructions.
(b) Talia travels several days away from the Palace to see if she can still hear Rolan.
(c) They do not want to test the bonds.
(d) A friend carries on a conversation with Rolan, which Talia writes down from another location.
6. What do her ambushers seem determined to do?
(a) Kill Talia.
(b) Teach Talia's father a lesson by hurting her.
(c) Teach Talia how to defend herself.
(d) Make Rolan die of grief.
7. Why does Talia ask to attend Beltren's memorial service?
(a) She wants to see the students who tried to kill her.
(b) She really liked Beltren.
(c) She believes she needs to be there.
(d) She is tired of being in bed.
8. How many Heralds die in the first year Talia is at the Collegium?
9. What is odd about what happens when a Herald dies?
(a) The bell rings even though it has no rope or clapper.
(b) The companion is invisible for one year.
(c) The companion turns black for one year.
10. Who does Talia think is being drugged?
11. What is Talia's standing among the students and instructors?
(a) She is considered odd.
(b) She is standoffish still.
(c) She is still being harassed by the Blues.
(d) She is immensely popular.
12. What happens if Neave does not control his gift?
(a) He becomes catatonic.
(b) He gets extremely ill.
(c) Others have nightmares.
(d) He projects discord.
13. Why is Selenay upset?
(a) She blames herself for Beltren's death.
(b) She blames herself that Elspeth is spoiled.
(c) She knows Talia is not experienced enough to help her.
(d) She knows war is imminent.
14. How does Talia help the Selenay?
(a) She tells her that Elspeth will turn out to be a strong, good queen.
(b) Talia tells the Queen that Talia will work hard and be able to be of great help to the Queen soon.
(c) She uses her skills to help Selenay rest and forgive herself.
(d) She makes a positive prediction about the possible war.
15. What does Talia promise Elspeth?
(a) To punish Hulda for the mistreatment.
(b) To be her friend.
(c) To protect her.
(d) To punish the nobleman who instigated the abuse of Elspeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Skif and Talia dress all in black?
2. Who comes in to guard Talia to relieve the Herald who is guarding her?
3. What does the Queen want Talia to do?
4. Who is Neave?
5. Who rescues Talia?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)