|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Queen want Talia to do?
(a) Leave on a trip with Rolan and take Elspeth.
(b) Take Talamir's place at the Council.
(c) Take Elspeth to the summer castle to train her.
(d) Ask Skif to be her constant bodyguard.
2. How many Heralds die in the first year Talia is at the Collegium?
3. How can Heralds increase their Gift?
(a) By working with another Herald with a complimentary Gift.
(b) By learning to use a trance approach.
(c) By certain herbs.
(d) Using in tandem with their companion.
4. What do Talia and Skif decide about their relationship?
(a) They do not decide anything.
(b) It is not going to be sexual.
(c) It is just going to be casually sexual and no marriage.
(d) It may blossom into marriage.
5. What can all Heralds do regardless of their individual gifts?
(a) Speak to their companions only.
(b) Speak to their companions and use the truth spell.
(d) Communicate with other Heralds mind to mind.
6. What is seen in the Northwest area of the country?
(a) Huge alpine lakes.
(b) Many independant tribes.
(c) Huge virgin forests.
(d) Strange beasts.
7. What does Ylsa realize about Talia?
(a) That Talia may not have any Gifts.
(b) That thought sensing may not be Talia's Gift.
(c) That Talia is probably a Projector.
(d) That Talia has a block she has to over come to use her Gift of though sensing.
8. What does the Dean teach Talia?
(a) How to call Rolan.
(b) How to read minds.
(c) Why the Heralds are gifted with magic.
(d) How to shield her thoughts and protect herself.
9. Who waits in ambush for Talia?
(a) The Blues.
(b) Talia's best friend as a joke.
(c) The new Heralds.
(d) The Reds.
10. How long has Talia been at the Collegium at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
11. Who does Talia confide in concerning her problems?
(c) The Queen.
12. For whom does Talia mourn?
13. What does Talia learn that her gift is?
(a) Thought sensing.
14. For whom does the death bell toll?
15. Who is sentenced to death?
(a) Two highway robbers who kill Ylsa.
(b) A man who kills his family.
(c) Two nobles who were plotting against the Queen.
(d) No one as the death penalty is not allowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends out overwhelming feelings at Beltren's service?
2. How do some friends test Talia and Rolan's bond?
3. What is Talia's standing among the students and instructors?
4. Why is Orthallen disappointed?
5. Why does Talia rush to Keren?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)