|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dean teach Talia?
(a) How to read minds.
(b) How to shield her thoughts and protect herself.
(c) How to call Rolan.
(d) Why the Heralds are gifted with magic.
2. What does Talia learn that her gift is?
(c) Thought sensing.
3. What else has the group associated with the harassment of Talia done?
(a) Harrassed Elspeth.
(b) Nothing that anyone knows about.
(c) Shown hostility to Rolan.
(d) Poisoned Talamir.
4. What message does Ylsa give Talia?
(a) The name of her attackers.
(b) Something is in the shaft of the arrows.
(c) To please send someone to help her companion who is ill.
(d) The name of the village where Ylsa is sick.
5. Why is Orthallen disappointed?
(a) That Skif is not going to be punished.
(b) That Talia does not seem to like him.
(c) That Elspeth does not seem to like him.
(d) That the Queen has not gotten pregnant again.
6. Why does Talia take a different route from the stables one day?
(a) To check on her new saddle at the leather shop.
(b) To find out if the boat is back bringing her best friend.
(c) To check on a robin's nest.
(d) To get out of the wind.
7. What do her ambushers do?
(a) Throw her in the icy river.
(b) Break her arms.
(c) Break her leg.
(d) Beat her until she is unconscious.
8. What is the advice given Talia by her confidant?
(a) To write her father.
(b) To not tell anyone and to never be alone.
(c) To only tell the Headmaster.
(d) To go tell the Queen immediately.
9. Who greets Talia when she gets back to her room?
(b) Ylsa and her companion.
10. What is the unknown nobleman's goal for Elspeth?
(a) To make her unfit for being Chosen.
(b) To make her malleable when she becomes Queen.
(c) To make her hate her country.
(d) To teach her how to be more independent.
11. How can Heralds increase their Gift?
(a) Using in tandem with their companion.
(b) By learning to use a trance approach.
(c) By certain herbs.
(d) By working with another Herald with a complimentary Gift.
12. Who is questioning Skif?
(c) Selenay and Orthallen.
(d) The Dean.
13. How does Talia break off her connection to Ylsa?
(a) Rolan pulls her back.
(b) Someone slaps her.
(c) She breaks it off when the bell begins tolling.
(d) She breaks it off after Ylsa gives her the message.
14. What do Talia and the Queen realize as Talia is helping the Queen?
(a) That Talia is probably related to the Queen.
(b) That Talia should be a bard.
(c) That Talia is fulfilling her role as she is meant to do.
(d) That the Queen needs a good listener more than anything.
15. What does Talia realize about part of her gift?
(a) She can conjure images of someone who has died.
(b) She is good at comforting people in grief.
(c) She can actually read minds when given permission.
(d) She is able to heal major wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Skif and Talia dress all in black?
2. Who does Talia think is being drugged?
3. What do Talia and Skif decide about their relationship?
4. What is one thing Talia learns about Hulda?
5. Who is sentenced to death?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)