|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for Heralds?
(a) Eyes of the Queen.
(b) Arrows of the Queen.
(c) Hands of the Queen.
(d) Arrows of Light.
2. What is one thing Talia gets during her tour?
(a) A set of horse grooming tools.
(c) Stacks of books.
(d) A tattoo showing she is a Herald in training.
3. How does the last Queen's own die?
(b) Old age.
4. What does Elcarth mention that makes Talia's eyes light up?
(a) Archery training.
(b) That Rolan is her companion.
(c) An extensive library.
(d) Weapons training.
5. Who is Alberich?
(a) The weaponsmaster.
(b) The head ostler.
(c) The gardener.
(d) The head cook.
6. What shocks Talia about the women guards she encounters?
(a) That they serve in the military.
(b) That they seem to all know Rolan.
(c) That they treat her as an equal.
(d) That they seem surprised to find Talia on Rolan, but they do nothing.
7. What does Talia's father claim?
(a) That Rolan took his daughter illegally.
(b) That he has no daughter named Talia.
(c) That Talia's father will have to pay a breach of contract debt to the family of the man she was engaged to marry.
(d) That he is honored that his daughter is chosen as a Herald.
8. What is a Holding?
(a) A community of people, on the outer edge of the Kingdom.
(b) The jewels and money of a noble.
(c) The crown's possessions.
(d) The hand a card dealer keeps.
9. Why is Keldar angry?
(a) Because her husband just took another wife.
(b) Because Keldar's oldest son is passed over for knighthood.
(c) Because Talia's brother refuses to go to war.
(d) Because Talia is different.
10. What book is Talia reading at the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) A book about heralds and companions.
(b) She cannot read.
(c) A book about an enchanted princess.
(d) A book about knights.
11. How is Talia treated by people in the villages she passes?
(c) Friendly and welcoming.
12. What does Talia wonder when Roland is led away?
(a) If Rolan will remember her.
(b) If they will force her to return home.
(c) If she'll ever see him again.
(d) If Roland's rider will talk to her.
13. What does Talia trust the horse to do?
(a) Take her to its owners.
(b) Teach her to ride well.
(c) Guard her while she sleeps.
(d) Get her a safe distance from the Hold.
14. Why does Talia decide not to share with others about what is making her unhappy?
(a) She does not want to earn the reputation of being a complainer.
(b) She thinks it will make the other kids envy her.
(c) She is embarrassed that her father is so proud of her.
(d) She is embarrassed that her father disowned her.
15. Who is Talamir?
(a) Sherrill's brother.
(b) The last Queen's own who has died recently.
(c) Sherrill's lover.
(d) The Queen's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elcarth notice about Talia?
2. How do most people view the Heralds?
3. What makes Talia feel as though she can do nothing right?
4. Who addresses Elcarth as he is walking with Talia?
5. What does Talia do at Companion's field?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)