|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Keldar angry?
(a) Because Keldar's oldest son is passed over for knighthood.
(b) Because her husband just took another wife.
(c) Because Talia's brother refuses to go to war.
(d) Because Talia is different.
2. What does Talia learn at the village?
(a) That she is to leave Rolan in the village and return home.
(b) That she and Rolan are to stay there until a Herald arrives.
(c) That she is to take Rolan back to the Collegium herself.
(d) That she is to take Rolan to the Queen, a journal of a month or more.
3. How do most people view the Heralds?
(a) With disrespect..
(b) With contempt.
(c) With respect and honor.
(d) With jealousy.
4. What does Talia name the horse?
5. What is one thing that is a constant threat to Heralds?
(c) Dark Servants.
(d) Overusing magic.
6. Under what circumstances does Talia usually come to the attention of the community?
(a) When a first son needs lessons in swordplay.
(b) When a first son needs lessons in archery.
(c) When someone needs a letter written.
(d) When she has done something wrong.
7. What are girls taught where Talia grows up?
(a) The same things as boys.
(b) Domestic duties.
(c) Swords and bows.
(d) Scribing and accounting.
8. What is the duty of a herald?
(a) To dispense justice and disseminate news.
(b) To study prophesies.
(c) To wait on the queen.
(d) To stand duty in the castle.
9. What are the only things Talia can do?
(a) Sew and celestial navigation.
(b) Cook and adjudication.
(c) Sew and cook.
(d) Cook and scrub pots.
10. What does the guard call the white horse?
11. What does Talia decide not to share with anyone?
(a) That she has to go home.
(b) What her father wrote in his note.
(c) That she was engaged to be married.
(d) That she is being harrassed.
12. What is Talia told as she gazes into the eyes?
(a) That she is Chosen.
(b) That she must marry.
(c) That her father has been Chosen for a very important task.
(d) That her prayers will be answered in due time.
13. What is one thing Talia learns about companions?
(a) They are faster and have more stamina than other horses.
(b) The companions sometimes choose to go off by themselves for a year or two.
(c) The Heralds are magically gifted.
(d) The Heralds usually live to be very old because of the bond with the companions.
14. Where does the guard sent Talia?
(a) To purchase a sword.
(b) To talk to the town's mayor.
(c) To bathe and change clothes.
(d) To jail.
15. What shocks Talia about the women guards she encounters?
(a) That they seem to all know Rolan.
(b) That they serve in the military.
(c) That they seem surprised to find Talia on Rolan, but they do nothing.
(d) That they treat her as an equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Talia treated by people in the villages she passes?
2. Where is the white horse going when he veers off the road?
3. When Talia is alone outside, what does she hear?
4. What sounds automatically when a Herald is killed?
5. What does Sherrill leave for Talia?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)