|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Talia name the horse?
2. What does Talia trust the horse to do?
(a) Teach her to ride well.
(b) Take her to its owners.
(c) Guard her while she sleeps.
(d) Get her a safe distance from the Hold.
3. What mystifies Talia's instructors?
(a) Why Talia is so confident one-on-one with the instructors but not when other students are around.
(b) What is causing Talia's shyness.
(c) How Talia learns so quickly.
(d) Why Talia does not stand up for herself.
4. Why does Talia decide not to share with others about what is making her unhappy?
(a) She thinks it will make the other kids envy her.
(b) She does not want to earn the reputation of being a complainer.
(c) She is embarrassed that her father is so proud of her.
(d) She is embarrassed that her father disowned her.
5. Who chooses a companion's rider?
(a) The herald.
(b) The queen.
(c) The companion.
(d) The companion's mother.
6. To what does Talia look forward during Midwinter?
(a) Practicing archery.
(c) Going to parties.
7. What is Talia told as she gazes into the eyes?
(a) That her father has been Chosen for a very important task.
(b) That she must marry.
(c) That her prayers will be answered in due time.
(d) That she is Chosen.
8. What does Elcarth say Talia will receive immediately?
(a) The Queen's own insignia.
(b) The keys to the Princess' chambers.
(c) Training in horse care.
(d) Weapons training.
9. What confuses Talia?
(a) Why her father has not sent men after her.
(b) Why Rolan seems to be speaking to her mind.
(c) What direction they are riding.
(d) How she happened to be riding Rolan to the Collegium.
10. What is special about the day that Keldar calls Talia?
(a) It is Talia's birthday.
(b) It is the day Talia's mother died.
(c) It is Talia's oldest brother's birthday.
(d) It is the first day of Spring.
11. What special duties does Talia study?
(b) Those of the Monarch's or Queen's Own.
(c) Caring for Elspeth.
(d) Mind melding.
12. Who addresses Elcarth as he is walking with Talia?
(a) The weapons master.
(b) The Provost Marshal.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Princess.
13. What particular lack of knowledge on Talia's part appalls Elcarth?
(a) Knowledge about the country's history.
(b) Knowledge about Heralds and Companions.
(c) Knowledge of the world's geography.
(d) Knowledge of the Queen's lineage.
14. What is another name for Heralds?
(a) Hands of the Queen.
(b) Eyes of the Queen.
(c) Arrows of the Queen.
(d) Arrows of Light.
15. What does Talia do at Companion's field?
(a) Ride Rolan bareback.
(b) Try to see which horse will become her companion.
(c) Learn how to care for a Herald's equipment.
(d) Reunite with Rolan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kris?
2. How does Talia feel around Rolan?
3. Who is Keren?
4. Where does Talia sleep on the first night on the road?
5. What sounds automatically when a Herald is killed?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)