|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chooses a companion's rider?
(a) The companion's mother.
(b) The queen.
(c) The companion.
(d) The herald.
2. When does Talia spend time with Rolan?
(a) Not for two weeks since the Queen sends him on a mission.
(b) Three days after Teren speaks to her about her father's note.
(c) After dinner.
(d) After archery practice.
3. What are the only things Talia can do?
(a) Sew and celestial navigation.
(b) Cook and scrub pots.
(c) Cook and adjudication.
(d) Sew and cook.
4. What is the duty of a herald?
(a) To study prophesies.
(b) To dispense justice and disseminate news.
(c) To wait on the queen.
(d) To stand duty in the castle.
5. What does Talia do as the wives' attention is diverted?
(a) Runs away from the meeting.
(c) Starts sobbing and everyone turns to her.
(d) Jumps to her death.
6. About what does Talia worry?
(a) That her father will find her there.
(b) That she will never see Rolan again.
(c) That she will not know how to get home again.
(d) That she has made a huge mistake.
7. What musical instrument does Talia hear one day?
8. Who is playing the instrument?
9. What seems to make Talia's journey easier?
(a) Customs and routines.
(b) She has learned to sleep while riding.
(c) The food at the waystations is delicious.
(d) The saddle is quite comfortable.
10. What does Talia do after learning what her father writes about her?
(a) Goes off by herself and cries hysterically.
(b) Goes and happily tells Rolan the news.
(c) Stoically goes to her next class.
(d) Goes and buries her face in Rolan's mane and cries.
11. What is another name for Heralds?
(a) Arrows of the Queen.
(b) Hands of the Queen.
(c) Arrows of Light.
(d) Eyes of the Queen.
12. Who addresses Elcarth as he is walking with Talia?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Princess.
(c) The Provost Marshal.
(d) The weapons master.
13. What is one thing Talia gets during her tour?
(b) A set of horse grooming tools.
(c) Stacks of books.
(d) A tattoo showing she is a Herald in training.
14. Where does Talia land when she falls?
(a) In a stream.
(b) In a crevice.
(c) At the feet of a white horse.
(d) In a garbage heap.
15. What does Talia name the horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Talia and Rolan travel by the end of the second chapter?
2. What particular lack of knowledge on Talia's part appalls Elcarth?
3. What does Elcarth say Talia will receive immediately?
4. How does Talia clean her clothes at the river?
5. What are girls taught where Talia grows up?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)