|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the white horse going when he veers off the road?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A waystation.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A castle.
2. What does Talia decide to do with a horse she encounters?
(a) Take it back to its owners.
(b) Groom it.
(c) Feed it some sweet oats.
(d) Unharness it.
3. What surprises Talia at the one of the shelters?
(a) That Rolan seems to know the male guard at the next shelter.
(b) Finding a female guard.
(c) That there are two young boys on white horses.
(d) That Rolan knows so much about her already.
4. When does Talia spend time with Rolan?
(a) Three days after Teren speaks to her about her father's note.
(b) Not for two weeks since the Queen sends him on a mission.
(c) After dinner.
(d) After archery practice.
5. What does the guard call the white horse?
6. What does Elcarth say Talia will receive immediately?
(a) The Queen's own insignia.
(b) Weapons training.
(c) Training in horse care.
(d) The keys to the Princess' chambers.
7. Who is Elcarth?
(a) The Dean of the Collegium.
(b) Rolan's companion.
(c) The last of the first companions.
(d) The Queen's husband.
8. To what does Talia revert?
(a) Her way of being funny to win people over.
(b) Her behavior pattern from when she lived at the Holding.
(c) Her outgoing personality.
(d) Her childhood naivete.
9. What does the Herald explain to Talia?
(a) That Rolan is in mourning.
(b) That Rolan has a homing device in his brain.
(c) That she will receive the answers to her questions at the Collegium.
(d) That Rolan needs her as much as she needs him.
10. Who is Skif?
(a) One of the Reds children.
(b) One of the Blues children.
(c) A Herald who was a thief and a beggar before being chosen.
(d) The cook with whom Talia works.
11. What makes Talia feel as though she can do nothing right?
(a) Geography classes.
(b) Weapons training.
(c) Riding classes.
(d) History classes.
12. What impresses Talia about the dining room?
(a) The neatness of the diners.
(b) The variety of foods available.
(c) The way the food is served by students who seem to enjoy doing so.
(d) The very long tables and numbers they will serve.
13. Who is playing the instrument?
14. What does Talia ask of the Herald?
(a) To ride with her.
(b) For an explanation.
(c) For him to take Rolan the rest of the way.
(d) For directions.
15. How does Talia see herself next to Rolan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Talia hope for when she returns the horse?
2. What are the students assigned?
3. Who does Talia meet in a village by a hut?
4. Who is the older woman who enters Talia's room?
5. Where does Talia land when she falls?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)