|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special duties does Talia study?
(a) Mind melding.
(c) Those of the Monarch's or Queen's Own.
(d) Caring for Elspeth.
2. Where does Talia go for Midwinter festival?
(b) Home with one of the student Healers.
(c) Home with one of the other female Herald students.
(d) Home to her Holding.
3. How is Talia treated by people in the villages she passes?
(a) Friendly and welcoming.
4. Why does Keldar call Talia?
(a) To scribe a letter for her.
(b) To watch over her children.
(c) To come to dinner.
(d) To meet with the other wives.
5. How does Teren expect Talia to respond to what he says about her father?
(b) With more emotion.
(c) With more dignity since she's going to be a Herald.
6. What is parallel to the road upon which Talia is traveling?
(a) A gully.
(b) A river.
(c) A forest.
(d) A bluff.
7. Who is Kris?
(a) A Herald assigned to train Talia in sword fighting.
(b) A handsome Herald man Talia meets in the training arena.
(c) A companion who is close to Rolan.
(d) A handsome Herald man Talia meets in the library.
8. What does the young girl who enters Talia's room claim?
(a) That the room in which Talia is waiting is the young girl's room.
(b) That she is the heir to the throne.
(c) That she is Rolan's rider.
(d) That she is Talia's half sister.
9. What does Talia decide not to share with anyone?
(a) That she was engaged to be married.
(b) That she has to go home.
(c) What her father wrote in his note.
(d) That she is being harrassed.
10. What does Talia complete in the next few days?
(a) Her orientation training.
(b) A map of her area of the country.
(c) Her journal about her life in the Holding.
(d) A painting of Rolan.
11. What does Elcarth notice about Talia?
(a) Her curiosity.
(b) Her vivacity.
(c) Her shyness.
(d) Her lack of social manners.
12. What incidences increase?
(a) Talia's times when she is able to read the Queen's mind.
(b) Talia's abillity to hear specific thoughts from Rolan.
(c) Talia's ability to understand complex ideas.
(d) The bullying of some towards Talia.
13. What does Talia do when she and the horse stop?
(a) Cooks dinner.
(b) Writes her father a letter.
(c) Removes and cleans the horse's tack.
(d) Fall asleep immediately.
14. What are girls taught where Talia grows up?
(a) Swords and bows.
(b) Domestic duties.
(c) Scribing and accounting.
(d) The same things as boys.
15. What does Sherrill leave for Talia?
(a) A warning about the princess.
(b) A warning about Skif.
(c) A warning about Rolan.
(d) Some things to discover about the Collegium on her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What particular lack of knowledge on Talia's part appalls Elcarth?
2. What is the duty of a herald?
3. Why does Talia decide not to share with others about what is making her unhappy?
4. When does Talia feel most peaceful?
5. What three groups does the Collegium train?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)