|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Dirk's parents?
(a) A Bard and Healer.
(b) A Herald and Healer.
(c) A Bard and Herald.
(d) A Soldier and Healer.
2. What is Kris pursuing in a dream?
(a) A bear.
(b) An icy apparition.
(c) An ice giant.
(d) A giant wolf.
3. How does Talia act on the way to the Border?
(b) Silent and withdrawn.
4. What does Kris hear in his dream?
(a) His Companion calling him.
(b) Talia laughing hysterically behind him.
(c) Talia weeping ahead of him.
(d) A young baby crying in a snowbank.
5. How does Talia think Kris often looks at her?
(a) With impatience.
(b) In irritation.
(c) With uneasiness.
(d) With a shadowed expression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Companions do to help Talia?
2. Who is the courier who arrives?
3. Why does Talia worry about the package Dirk sent her?
4. What does Kris suggest they do to alert anyone passing by on the road?
5. What concepts does Kris teach Talia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it like outside when Talia and Kris awaken in the morning after moving their supplies inside?
2. What do Kris and Talia decide to do outside that morning and why does Kris chide Talia as they are working?
3. What does Kris tell Talia about Dirk?
4. How is Kris protective of Dirk and how does Kris' relationship with Talia cause Kris anxiety because of his friendship with Dirk?
5. How do Talia and Kris work through their relationship?
6. What does Talia do for the Weatherwitch?
7. Why does Talia want to weep as she is around the people of Berrbay?
8. What is a struggle for Kris as far as his interaction with Talia?
9. What happens just as Kris and Talia reach the next Waystation after leaving the village full of people with snow fever?
10. How have Talia's feelings towards Kris evolved?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)