|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Talia say Lord Orthallen knows about Talia?
(a) That Talia's father is in rebellion.
(b) That Talia is the one that helped Elspeth change enough to be Chosen.
(c) That there was an attempt on her life.
(d) That Talia's father is suing to make Talia return to the Holderkin.
2. What did Dirk think about when he appeared to be chosen by Ahrodie?
(a) That he was too ugly to be Chosen.
(b) That he was afraid to ride.
(c) That his parents would be ashamed of him as a Herald.
(d) That his cousin would be a better Herald.
3. What do Kris and Talia do for warmth?
(a) Make a chirra lie down next to them.
(b) Bring the animals into the shelter.
(c) Light a magic fire log.
4. Who is the courier who arrives?
5. Why does Kris order Talia to stay on the hill outside a seemingly deserted village?
(a) So she can watch for another Herald.
(b) So she can watch for brigands.
(c) So she can send off messenger birds.
(d) So he can go in alone and investigate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kris hear in his dream?
2. What is Kris pursuing in a dream?
3. What is one rumor floating around about Elspeth?
4. Why does Lord Orthallen hate Midwinter?
5. Why is Talia having difficulty staying calm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the confrontation between Kris and Talia as they finally reach the road after clearing a path from the Waystation.
2. What turns out to be the reason that Talia can not sense any people in the village near the Border and what do the two Heralds do?
3. What causes an emotional outburst once Kris and Talia are settled into the Waystation?
4. What is a struggle for Kris as far as his interaction with Talia?
5. How does Kris' attempts to comfort Talia go further than either intends?
6. Describe the conversation between Kris and Talia about Lord Orthallen.
7. After Kris falls asleep, what does Talia think about concerning Dirk and love?
8. Why does Talia want to weep as she is around the people of Berrbay?
9. What news does Skif bring from the city?
10. What happens just as Kris and Talia reach the next Waystation after leaving the village full of people with snow fever?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)