|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing the village requests of the Heralds?
(a) To treat their horses who are ill.
(b) To officiate at a marriage.
(c) To officiate at a investiture of the new mayor.
(d) To question a burglary suspect.
2. Why are Talia's concerns about Lord Orthallan vague?
(a) She is only reading him empathically and has no concrete facts.
(b) He is also an empath and can send out false emotions.
(c) He has the ability to block his mind.
(d) She just met him the day of Selenay's announcement.
3. What causes Talia to get out of bed the next morning though she is still tired?
(a) Good smells coming from the dining hall.
(b) A sense of duty.
(c) Kris banging on Talia's door.
(d) Elspeth banging on Talia's door.
4. What is a Herald?
(a) A musically talented male who is in charge of announcing royalty.
(b) A human that bonds with a companion.
(c) The human assigned to cull the wolf cubs for companions.
(d) A musically talented female who is in charge of announcing royalty.
5. About what does Dirk tease Talia?
(a) That her upcoming internship will be a vacation compared to the work she's been doing here.
(b) That the Queen is old enough to be Talia's mother.
(c) That Elspeth is like a younger Talia.
(d) That Kris will seduce Talia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Talia try to project to Elspeth?
2. About what do Sherrill and Keren tease Talia?
3. What insures that there is always at least one person the Monarch can trust?
4. What stops Talamir from carrying out his plan about Elspeth?
5. About what does Kris ask Talia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Talia adjudicate her first case?
2. Why does Talia decide to take an apartment at the top of the tower?
3. What does Talia find on her door when she rises the next morning?
4. What occupies Talia in the three weeks before investiture?
5. What is the worse mistake that the Queen's Own, Talamir, makes?
6. Which counselors seem to react negatively to Elspeth and Talia?
7. What does Talia see when she wakes in the middle of the night?
8. Who is escorting Talia to the investiture and why is Talia happy about that?
9. How does Talia's gift cause a little tension between Talia and Kris?
10. What surprise awaits Talia later that day?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)