|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Orthallan want Kris to do?
(a) Create an accident in which Talia is killed.
(b) Not give Talia enough information to do her job properly, thus making her look incompetent.
(c) Lay to rest the doubts about Talia and her gifts.
(d) Find out if Talia is a traitor.
2. Who chooses a new Queen's Own?
3. What do Kris and Talia perform as an entrance fee?
(a) A redition of Sun and Shadow.
(b) A sword duel.
(c) An archery contest.
(d) A riding contest.
4. Who is the note from that is on Talia's door?
5. What does Selenay do to ensure holder children are allowed to leave the Hold?
(a) Has Heralds interview all children in Holds when they are about 10.
(b) Nothing; it is out of her jurisdiction.
(c) Makes a decree.
(d) Sends Heralds who are empaths to sense unhappy children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must always be a Herald?
2. With whom is Selenay working when Talia arrives at the palace?
3. Who does Kris consult about Talia?
4. About what does Kris agonize as he and Talia travel North?
5. What happens after the formal investiture is complete?
Short Essay Questions
1. What starts Kris and Talia's journey off a little roughly?
2. What does Talia find on her door when she rises the next morning?
3. Which counselors seem to react negatively to Elspeth and Talia?
4. Why does Alberich have Talia continue to train with Elspeth?
5. What happens to humans during the Sorcerous Wars?
6. Why are Talia and Kris being sent to the Northern border?
7. Who is escorting Talia to the investiture and why is Talia happy about that?
8. How does Talia try to appear during the ceremony and how does she try to help Elspeth?
9. What concerns Talia about Elspeth?
10. Why is Talia not prepared to perform as a Herald, but what in her background helps her deal with Elspeth?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)