|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Kris and Talia stay when they arrive at their assigned sectors?
(a) They will stay at a border fort.
(b) They will rotate among the homes of the towns.
(c) In the waystations.
(d) They will stay in Talia's home.
2. What stops Talamir from carrying out his plan about Elspeth?
(a) Elsbeth abdicates her place in line for the throne.
(b) The Queen vetoes the plan.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He is caught by the Queen's own.
3. What happens after the formal investiture is complete?
(a) The bells in the city ring.
(b) The nobles hand out presents to the commoners.
(c) Their is a magical show.
(d) The bards start playing dance music.
4. From where is the new Queen's own?
(a) The merchant class of the city.
(b) One of the scholars in the university library.
(c) A puritanical border group.
(d) The Queen's servant staff.
5. Why hasn't Talia been out of the city much?
(a) The Queen has needed her in the city.
(b) Her parents disowned her when she is Chosen.
(c) Elspeth has needed constant supervision.
(d) She does not like to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Talia chide Kris?
2. What troubles Kris about his Companion?
3. For what does Talia petition Selenay?
4. Who is Elspeth?
5. With whom is Selenay working when Talia arrives at the palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Kris and his uncle.
2. Where do Kris and Dirk take Talia after she checks Rolan's equipment?
3. Why do the Council meetings disturb Talia?
4. What does Talia find on her door when she rises the next morning?
5. Who is escorting Talia to the investiture and why is Talia happy about that?
6. What happens to humans during the Sorcerous Wars?
7. What does Kyril teach Talia?
8. Which counselors seem to react negatively to Elspeth and Talia?
9. How does Talia's gift cause a little tension between Talia and Kris?
10. What is the worse mistake that the Queen's Own, Talamir, makes?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)