|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Talia's concerns about Lord Orthallan vague?
(a) She just met him the day of Selenay's announcement.
(b) He is also an empath and can send out false emotions.
(c) He has the ability to block his mind.
(d) She is only reading him empathically and has no concrete facts.
2. What wars occurred long ago in Velgarth?
(a) Religious Wars.
(b) Clan Wars.
(c) Sorcerous Wars.
(d) Boundary Wars.
3. What does Selenay do after dinner?
(a) Renounces Elspeth as heir.
(b) Formally announces Talia as the Queen's own.
(c) Asks for a counsel of war.
(d) Announces Elspeth as heir.
4. Who does Kris consult about Talia?
(b) No one.
5. What does Kyril teach Talia?
(a) The Arrow-Code.
(b) The Pigeon-Code.
(c) The Fire-Code.
(d) The proper way of introducing herself as a Herald.
6. What does Alberich do when he beats Talia at fighting practice?
(a) Stabs her superficially.
(b) Slaps her on the leg with the flat of his sword.
(c) Yells at her rudely.
(d) Mocks her.
7. What happens to Elspeth?
(a) She is chosen by Sedarth.
(b) She gets in a fight with Skif.
(c) She is chosen by Gwena.
(d) She is attacked by a man in a mask.
8. What troubles Kris about his Companion?
(a) His Companion has a bad cough.
(b) His Companion cannot figure out Talia.
(c) His Companion speaks directly to Talia's mind.
(d) His Companion wants to return to the city.
9. What is the Queen or King's own?
(a) The second in line to the throne who is in charge of protecting the monarch.
(b) A special talisman who helps the monarch choose Heralds.
(c) The designated heir to the throne.
(d) A Herald chosen by a special Companion that never ages.
10. How is Elspeth feeling these days?
11. What does Dirk have trouble sorting out?
(a) Who goes where in the processional.
(b) Who is supposed to bow to whom.
(c) His feelings for Talia.
(d) Why the nobles are lined up in a strange configuration.
12. What protects the Northern Border from trouble?
(a) A series of forts.
(b) The Forest of Sorrows.
(c) A sheer cliff that runs for miles along the border.
(d) A wide, trecherous river.
13. What does Talia try to project to Elspeth?
(a) A feeling of competence.
(b) Peaceful feelings.
(c) A feeling of nobility.
(d) A feeling of deliberateness.
14. Whose friendship with Talia never turns romantic?
15. Where do the humans flee during the wars of long ago?
(a) The lower plans in the West.
(b) The Northern marshlands.
(c) The Eastern coastline.
(d) The high passes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Talia see when she wakes and looks out the window?
2. Why does Kris ask Talia's assistance about the problem in question #93?
3. What does Talia have Elspeth do?
4. What does Talia inspect?
5. Who must always be a Herald?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)