|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has to pay for fence repairs?
(a) The owner of the bull.
(b) The owner of the cow.
(c) The owner of the mare.
(d) The owner of the stallion.
2. Where does Dirk say many of the Heralds are going when they slip out of the palace during the festivities?
(a) To patrol the palace grounds.
(b) To spend time with their companions.
(c) To get a surprise for Elspeth.
(d) Their own private parties.
3. How does Queen Selenay end up in a bad marriage?
(a) The marriage was wonderful; it was just too short.
(b) By running away and eloping with a disreputable noble.
(c) Because the oracle was tainted that send her word of who she should marry.
(d) By heeding the advice of the Queen's own.
4. What stops Talamir from carrying out his plan about Elspeth?
(a) Elsbeth abdicates her place in line for the throne.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He is caught by the Queen's own.
(d) The Queen vetoes the plan.
5. Where is the formal investiture to take place?
(a) The great hall.
(b) The auditorium.
(c) The cathedral.
(d) The palace ball room.
6. Who chooses a new Queen's Own?
7. Where do the humans flee during the wars of long ago?
(a) The high passes.
(b) The Eastern coastline.
(c) The lower plans in the West.
(d) The Northern marshlands.
8. What does Dirk have trouble sorting out?
(a) Who is supposed to bow to whom.
(b) His feelings for Talia.
(c) Why the nobles are lined up in a strange configuration.
(d) Who goes where in the processional.
9. What does Lord Orthallan want Kris to do?
(a) Create an accident in which Talia is killed.
(b) Find out if Talia is a traitor.
(c) Lay to rest the doubts about Talia and her gifts.
(d) Not give Talia enough information to do her job properly, thus making her look incompetent.
10. What does Kyril think will work to Talia's advantage?
(a) Talia's reputation.
(b) Talia's size.
(c) Talia's connections with the Queen.
(d) Talia's empathic abilities.
11. When will Talia's internship with Kris begin?
(a) The next day.
(b) In a week.
(c) In two months since Selenay needs Talia.
(d) They have decided she does not need an internship.
12. To whom does Talia tell her story about the Holderkin?
(a) No one.
(c) The Queen.
13. What insures that there is always at least one person the Monarch can trust?
(a) The magically talisman that guides the monarch to choose a Herald.
(b) Having a special companion that never ages.
(c) A special ring that one person wears that changes colors if a lie is told.
(d) There is no way to be absolutely certain anyone is trustworthy.
14. About what does Talia chide Kris?
(a) For cleaning her tack instead of letting her do it.
(b) For thinking of her as a woman rather than a Herald.
(c) For putting his bedroll outside to give her privacy.
(d) For taking so much time to bathe.
15. What wars occurred long ago in Velgarth?
(a) Sorcerous Wars.
(b) Boundary Wars.
(c) Religious Wars.
(d) Clan Wars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the villages concerned that the Heralds will refuse their request?
2. What does Kris do to avoid being set upon by the court beauties?
3. What does Talia have Elspeth do?
4. About what does Lord Orthallen seem displeased?
5. Why does Talia choose an apartment at the top of the tower?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)