|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why hasn't Talia been out of the city much?
(a) Her parents disowned her when she is Chosen.
(b) Elspeth has needed constant supervision.
(c) She does not like to travel.
(d) The Queen has needed her in the city.
2. What does Dirk have trouble sorting out?
(a) Why the nobles are lined up in a strange configuration.
(b) His feelings for Talia.
(c) Who goes where in the processional.
(d) Who is supposed to bow to whom.
3. What does Talia have Elspeth do?
(a) Settle in the grove while Talia goes to talk with Queen Selenay.
(b) Apologize to Skif.
(c) Defend herself against the masked man.
(d) Ride Sedarth right away.
4. About what does Kris agonize as he and Talia travel North?
(a) If Dirk has fallen under Talia's manipulations.
(b) If Talia might like him.
(c) How his Holderkin is faring with the border incursions.
(d) Whether Talia is manipulating him.
5. Why does Talia have a scar on her hand?
(a) She slipped with a kitchen knife once.
(b) Punishment as a child for refusing to drown some kittens.
(c) She cut herself intentionally when she was once upset as a child.
(d) She was bitten by a dog when she was young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Talia put the sewing maid to sleep?
2. What is the first thing the village requests of the Heralds?
3. Of what do an older couple accuse their sewing maid?
4. Whose friendship with Talia never turns romantic?
5. What does Kris do that causes Talia to sob?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)