|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hires assassins to kill King Sendar?
(a) A rogue Herald.
(b) A rogue Companion.
2. Why are Talia's concerns about Lord Orthallan vague?
(a) He is also an empath and can send out false emotions.
(b) He has the ability to block his mind.
(c) She is only reading him empathically and has no concrete facts.
(d) She just met him the day of Selenay's announcement.
3. What news do Keren and Sherrill give Talia?
(a) Talia's father is there to reconcile with her.
(b) Talia's sister has been chosen as a healer in training.
(c) She has been voted into full Herald status.
(d) She has received the Badge of the Sword award.
4. Who must always be a Herald?
(a) The Monarch.
(b) No one.
(c) The Chamberlain.
(d) One child of an existing Herald.
5. Why does Talia decide to dine at Court?
(a) Selenay has asked her to stay and eat.
(b) She wants to talk with the Seneschal.
(c) She likes the roast duck the cook is making.
(d) Selenay will probably formally announce Elspeth as heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Talia choose an apartment at the top of the tower?
2. About what is Elspeth depressed?
3. What does Talia have Elspeth do?
4. What is the Queen or King's own?
5. With whom is Selenay working when Talia arrives at the palace?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)