|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Talia have Elspeth do?
(a) Defend herself against the masked man.
(b) Ride Sedarth right away.
(c) Settle in the grove while Talia goes to talk with Queen Selenay.
(d) Apologize to Skif.
2. What does Dirk have trouble sorting out?
(a) Who goes where in the processional.
(b) His feelings for Talia.
(c) Why the nobles are lined up in a strange configuration.
(d) Who is supposed to bow to whom.
3. Where does Dirk say many of the Heralds are going when they slip out of the palace during the festivities?
(a) To patrol the palace grounds.
(b) To get a surprise for Elspeth.
(c) To spend time with their companions.
(d) Their own private parties.
4. Who does Kris consult about Talia?
(c) No one.
5. Why are Talia's concerns about Lord Orthallan vague?
(a) He has the ability to block his mind.
(b) She is only reading him empathically and has no concrete facts.
(c) He is also an empath and can send out false emotions.
(d) She just met him the day of Selenay's announcement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Kris tries to comfort Talia?
2. What troubles Kris about his Companion?
3. What does Selenay do to ensure holder children are allowed to leave the Hold?
4. How does Talia cheer up Elspeth?
5. Why are the Council meetings upsetting to Talia?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)