|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Reuben Fosters personal feelings for Principal Moore?
2. What is Reuben Foster's concern about the news coverage of his town?
3. What does Nora feel should never occur?
4. What does Moore commend Barney on?
5. Why does Nora assume Lomax might vote against "Huckleberry Finn"?
Essay Topic 1
Nora is a main character of the novel who has a number of opinions on the novel's major themes. Write a character study of Nora and discuss how this character influenced the events of the story.
Essay Topic 2
The debate in Chapter 7 and 8 is a tool to teach the students to form their own opinions. Do you believe that the debate, as well as the censorship controversy, helped the students form their own opinions? Provide evidence from the story to back up your argument.
Essay Topic 3
During a conversation, Luke and Barney admit to being aware of censorship in previous years, but did not care a great deal, or did not do much to stop it from happening. Discuss whether it is human nature to ignore the things that don't affect you directly. Discuss if this is true with the characters in the novel, and whether there are characters to which this theory does not apply.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)