|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Dennis claim Jim and Huck's nudity in the novel suggests?
2. Who, by law, is prevented from controlling the school newspaper?
3. A teacher at the school has filed a complaint against the book for what reason?
4. What has Barney written for the school paper?
5. What is the outcome of the board's vote?
Essay Topic 1
As high school students are usually too young to have formed opinions on many fundamental issues, it is of no surprise that they often succumb to peer pressure. Discuss the role that peer pressure plays on the development of the students' opinions.
Essay Topic 2
It can be said that Principal Moore acts as the antagonist of the novel. Using evidence from the story, explain your whether you believe this to be true or not.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the points made by Kent Dickensen and Matthew Griswold in Chapter 7 and Chapter 8. What are their stances on censorship and freedom of thought? Who do you believe won the debate?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)