|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barney offer Principal Moore should his article be published?
2. What does Moore say of his past with Karen Salter?
3. What does Barney suggest Gordon should do in discussions about Huckleberry Finn?
4. What does Deirdre remind Moore he should be respectful of?
5. Who, by law, is prevented from controlling the school newspaper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses symbolism to convey some of the core themes of the novel. Write an essay explaining the meaning behind the author's use of symbolism.
Essay Topic 2
This novel depicts the struggles one faces when choosing to stand up for what one believes in. Discuss who and how the characters stand up for what they believe in, as well as the results of said actions.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses foreshadowing to hint at events later on in the novel. Discuss the use of foreshadowing in "The Day They Came to Arrest the Book".
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)