|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the school board meeting held?
(a) The school auditorium.
(b) The public library.
(c) The town hall.
(d) The school cafteria.
2. What do Luke and Barney see a lack of at the review hearing?
3. Who is Steve Turney?
(a) The only black student who remains in the class.
(b) A student who writes for the school newspaper.
(c) The father of a student in Nora's class.
(d) A member of the School Board.
4. What does Reuben Foster state the Board will have a session to review?
(a) The terms of Karen Salter's deal with Principal Moore.
(b) Additional books from the school library.
(c) Barney's newspaper article.
(d) Principal Moore's censorship policies in the past.
5. A teacher at the school has filed a complaint against the book for what reason?
(a) Religious intolerance.
(d) Drug and alcohol abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora say is actually tried when a book is on trial?
2. How does Principal Moore try to convince Deirdre to remove the books from the library?
3. What does Barney's father say often comes of those who avoid the issues when pressed for details?
4. Who does Principal Moore have a telephone conversation with at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What does Mr. Dennis claim Jim and Huck's nudity in the novel suggests?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)