Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reuben Foster's concern about the news coverage of his town?
(a) That the coverage is biased.
(b) That the citizens are being made to look foolish.
(c) That it is being made to look like a backwater village.
(d) That the town is being made to look idyllic.
2. What book containing rape, slavery and murder did Karen complain about to Moore?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Gone with the Wind.
(c) The Holy Bible.
(d) The Grapes of Wrath.
3. What book does Kate cite as not possibly offensive to anyone?
(a) Vanity Fair.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Goodnight, Moon.
(d) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
4. What has Barney written for the school paper?
(a) An investigation of Prinicipal Moore's censorship.
(b) An editorial about Huckleberry Finn.
(c) An interview with Deirdre Fitzgerald.
(d) A profile of Principal Moore.
5. Who is Reuben Foster?
(a) A teacher at George Mason High School.
(b) The head of the School Board.
(c) A representative from The American Civil Liberties Union.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora say is actually tried when a book is on trial?
2. What does Barney want printed next to his article?
3. A teacher at the school has filed a complaint against the book for what reason?
4. What did Karen warn she might do which spurred Principal Moore to threaten to fire her?
5. What are Reuben Fosters personal feelings for Principal Moore?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)