|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke imagine happening to the library?
(a) Protesters marching through and tearing pages from books.
(b) The doors and windows being boarded up.
(c) Firefighters burning it down.
(d) Students turning it into a hangout room.
2. Who does Kate say she would like to see debate Carl McLean?
(c) Maggie Crowley.
3. What happens to the immoral characters in Dickens' story?
(a) They receive punishments befitting their behavior.
(b) They triumph in spite of their crimes.
(c) They are shunned socially.
(d) They experience enlightenment.
4. What reason does Stanley Lomax suggest as the only one Kate could have for trusting him?
(a) He is an old man.
(b) He is a black man.
(c) He is a white man.
(d) He is a well-dressed man.
5. What is Reuben Foster doing at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Reading through "Huckleberry Finn".
(b) Speaking with Carl McLean.
(c) Role-playing conversations.
(d) Composing a letter to Deirdre Fitzgerald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reuben Foster's concern about the news coverage of his town?
2. Who is Reuben Foster?
3. Why doesn't Steve Turney object to staying in the class?
4. What advice does Karen give Barney on his article?
5. What do Luke and Barney see a lack of at the review hearing?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)