|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barney say will happen when his story is published?
(a) Karen Salter will be a heroine.
(b) The "Huckleberry Finn" issue will be quickly settled.
(c) He will be expelled from school.
(d) Principal Moore will be fired.
2. Who admits to ignoring Frank Sylvester and Helen Cook since the vote?
(a) Maggie Crowley.
(b) Deirdre Fitzgerald.
(c) Principal Moore
(d) Nora Baines.
3. How does Principal Moore say the school will look if the article is published?
(a) Out of control.
4. Where is the review hearing being held?
(a) In the school library.
(b) At the town hall.
(c) At the town library.
(d) In the auditorium.
5. Who does Kate say she would like to see debate Carl McLean?
(c) Maggie Crowley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, by law, is prevented from controlling the school newspaper?
2. What does Barney want printed next to his article?
3. Which of the following is not a member of the review committee?
4. What does Luke question Barney about in regards to the school paper?
5. What are Reuben Fosters personal feelings for Principal Moore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What further complaints have been made against "Huckleberry Finn" and by whom have they been made?
2. Outline Deirdre's arguments in her refusal to remove "Huckleberry Finn" from the library shelves.
3. What does Barney write about Principal Moore in his newspaper article?
4. What would Matthew Griswold like to see happen to "Huckleberry Finn", and does he consider his preference censorship?
5. What decisions does Barney come to in regards to his article?
6. What repercussions does Maggie Crowley suggest could result from Barney publishing his article?
7. What is Carl McLean's official complaint against "Huckleberry Finn"?
8. What is Reuben Foster doing in his office at the beginning of Chapter 10?
9. Deirdre and Kate both state that freedom can be dangerous. Explain their individual points of view.
10. What does Karen Salters tell Barney about how censorship was carried out in the school library before her departure?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)