|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Reuben Foster?
(a) A representative from The American Civil Liberties Union.
(b) A teacher at George Mason High School.
(c) A newspaper reporter.
(d) The head of the School Board.
2. What arrangement was made so that Karen could leave her job on beneficial terms?
(a) Karen was to never work in a school again.
(b) Karen was to send a letter praising Principal Moore to the School Board.
(c) Karen was to keep quiet about what happened in the library.
(d) Karen was to provide Principal Moore with a bribe.
3. What does Principal Moore talk to in his office?
(a) The school coat of arms.
(b) A photo of John Wayne.
(c) His pet turtle.
(d) A copy of Huckleberry Finn.
4. During her appearance on television, on which point did Deirdre state her agreement with Kate?
(a) That Huckleberry Finn should be banned.
(b) That freedom is dangerous.
(c) That citizens should be protected from offensive material.
(d) That there is sexism in Huckleberry Finn.
5. What has Barney written for the school paper?
(a) An investigation of Prinicipal Moore's censorship.
(b) An interview with Deirdre Fitzgerald.
(c) A profile of Principal Moore.
(d) An editorial about Huckleberry Finn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Kate cite as not possibly offensive to anyone?
2. Who do Evelyn Kantrow and Stanley Lomax represent on the committee?
3. What offends Matthew Griswold about "Huckleberry Finn"?
4. What does Nora feel should never occur?
5. In class, how does Barney describe "Huckleberry Finn" to Gordon?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)