|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, by law, is prevented from controlling the school newspaper?
(a) The school authorities.
(b) The government.
(c) The students.
(d) The teaching staff.
2. What does Principal Moore tell Deirdre to do if a student asks for Huckleberry Finn?
(a) To give them a copy of the book.
(b) To tell them it is out.
(c) To tell them to get it from the town library.
(d) To give them detention.
3. What makes Kate question her original beliefs?
(a) Comments from Barney.
(b) Turney's speech.
(c) Deirdre's comments on TV.
(d) The media coverage of the controversy.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, some students object to staying in what sort of class?
(a) A harmful class.
(b) An oppressive class.
(c) A racist class.
(d) An offensive class.
5. Who do Evelyn Kantrow and Stanley Lomax represent on the committee?
(d) The community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Barney arranged to meet Karen Salters for?
2. What does Luke question Barney about in regards to the school paper?
3. What does Lomax say can happen when one group is given the power to censor?
4. What does Kate suggest of Barney to hurt his feelings?
5. What did Karen warn she might do which spurred Principal Moore to threaten to fire her?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)