|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barney ask Principal Moore about the interview to determine whether it is fit to be published?
(a) Whether there are any spelling mistakes.
(b) Whether it would be offensive to the committee.
(c) Whether it is obscene or libellous.
(d) Whether his sources are reliable.
2. What offends Matthew Griswold about "Huckleberry Finn"?
(a) The author's use of the word "nigger".
(b) The author's overt religious intolerance.
(c) The portrayal of women in the book.
(d) The lack of positive role models in the book.
3. What does Moore commend Barney on?
(a) For attending the review hearing.
(b) For his balanced presentation of the issues in the school paper.
(c) For his perfect score on a test.
(d) For his interest in school activities.
4. What does Nora feel should never occur?
(a) Books being put on trial.
(b) Teachers going unchallenged.
(c) Students walking out of class.
(d) Parents interfering in the classroom.
5. At the end of the chapter, what does Barney proclaim is now a personal issue for him?
(a) The "Huckleberry Finn" controversy.
(b) The First Amendment.
(c) The running of the school paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate believe educational institutions should guide students on?
2. What does Principal Moore tell Deirdre to do if a student asks for Huckleberry Finn?
3. Where is the review hearing being held?
4. What area is it decided copies of "Huckleberry Finn" should be moved to?
5. What does Griswold suggest should happen with the book?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)