Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1919, for what crime were who flew red flags, arrested?
(a) Bad taste.
(b) Disturbing the peace.
2. When he can't find the book that he wants, what does Deirdre offer Barney?
(a) To borrow a copy from another school.
(b) Her own private copy.
(c) An audio version.
(d) To buy another copy.
3. How did Kate learn about what happened to Mrs. Salters?
(a) From Mrs. Baines.
(b) From Principal Moore.
(c) From the local newspaper.
(d) From her mother.
4. What is Kate's opinion of Huckleberry Finn?
(a) The novel is misunderstood.
(b) The novel is racist and sexist.
(c) The novel is too difficult to understand.
(d) The novel is Kate's favorite.
5. What word does Kate use to describe sexism and racism?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kate claim truly ruled in America?
2. How does Barney say Kate gets her fun?
3. What action does Gordon take after reading Huckleberry Finn?
4. At Deidre's former place of employment, who was responsible for choosing the books?
5. Why does Griswold think schools should introduce religious concepts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora describe words such as 'clergyperson' and 'policeperson'?
2. Why does Luke's comment that Huck should be taken out and shot enrage Carl McLean?
3. What does Carl McLean demand happen in regards to the novel, and how does Principal Moore respond?
4. How does Nora explain Mrs. Salters' departure?
5. What further complaints have been made against "Huckleberry Finn" and by whom have they been made?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what impression does Deidre have of Barney?
7. What kind of behavior does Griswold believe freedom is, and how does he think it should be taught?
8. How does Maggie Crowley threaten Principal Moore as he attempts to block Barney's article from being published?
9. What do we learn about Barney in Chapter 6?
10. Why did Moore's request that Charles Dickens' "Our Mutual Friend" be removed from the library prove to be "the last straw" for Karen Salters, and how did she respond to Principal Moore?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)