|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barney want to do as an adult?
(a) Barney wants to be a writer.
(b) Barney wants to be a researcher.
(c) Barney wants to be a librarian.
(d) Barney wants to be a teacher.
2. What is Gordon's opinion of Nora after reading Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Nora must be a feminist.
(b) Nora must not have read the book.
(c) Nora must be trying to offend the boys in her class.
(d) Nora must not care how her black students feel.
3. Why does Griswold think schools should introduce religious concepts?
(a) Parents don't have time to teach religion.
(b) You need knowledge of religious concepts to get into college.
(c) Modern kids are lack morals.
(d) Schools are a place of learning.
4. In his meeting with Nora, what does Principal Moore say causes teacher burnout?
(a) Coaching too many sports.
(b) Planning too many activities.
5. What occurred prior to Mrs. Salters leaving her position at the school?
(a) An assault.
(b) An affair.
(c) An accident.
(d) An altercation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization will the lawyer invited to the debate represent?
2. Where is the book that Barney is seeking?
3. Where is the debate being held?
4. Which of the following books is on the reading list for Nora's class?
5. What did Principal Moore fail to have Mr. McLean do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Principal Moore's response to Nora's vehement refusal to allow "Huckleberry Finn" to be removed from her class?
2. Describe Deirdre Fitzgerald.
3. What does Nora Baines tell Deirdre about censorship issues at the school?
4. What does Carl McLean demand happen in regards to the novel, and how does Principal Moore respond?
5. What kind of behavior does Griswold believe freedom is, and how does he think it should be taught?
6. What reaction do we see from Kate when Barney comments that "it doesn't feel right" to refer to authors as 'she' in the abstract?
7. What do we learn about Deirdre's previous place of employment?
8. How does the meeting between Nora Baines and Matthew Griswold go?
9. How does Nora react to Principal Moore asking her to pull "Huckleberry Finn" from her class?
10. On what grounds is Gordon McLean offended by "Huckleberry Finn", and what has done about it?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)