|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Deidre Fitzgerald hold at the school?
(a) Math teacher.
(d) Art teacher.
2. According to Nora Baines, what or who had been a victim of assaults in the previous school year?
(a) Members of the glee club.
(b) The chairs in the cafeteria.
(c) The school mascot.
(d) Library books.
3. Who is Hugo Black?
(a) A student in Maggie's class.
(b) A school janitor.
(c) A participant in the debate.
(d) A Supreme Court Justice
4. What does Luke think of Gordon's reaction to Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Luke thinks Gordon is overreacting.
(b) Luke thinks Gordon is seeking attention.
(c) Luke thinks Gordon is misunderstanding the story.
(d) Luke thinks Gordon is right.
5. What is Matthew Griswold's concern about freedom?
(a) That freedom is undervalued.
(b) That freedom is less individualized.
(c) That freedom is localized.
(d) That freedom is disappearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which university was the speaker Matthew Griswold referred to in his story booed?
2. Who is Barney named after?
3. What did the school founder George Mason claim?
4. Where do Deirdre and Nora discuss the truth behind what happened to Mrs. Salter?
5. What does Nora wish to speak to Deidre about when she enters the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the beliefs of Hugo Black shared by Kent Dickenson?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what impression does Deidre have of Barney?
3. What do we learn about Barney in Chapter 6?
4. What does Carl McLean demand happen in regards to the novel, and how does Principal Moore respond?
5. Describe Deirdre Fitzgerald.
6. How does Nora describe words such as 'clergyperson' and 'policeperson'?
7. What do we learn about Deirdre's previous place of employment?
8. What is Barney doing at the library?
9. How does Principal Moore attempt to calm Mr. McLean over what he finds offensive in "Huckleberry Finn"?
10. Describe the class that Maggie Crowley teaches.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)