|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Barney's full first name?
2. What does Carl McLean demand?
(a) That his son be transferred to another school.
(b) That the book be removed from the school.
(c) That the library be closed.
(d) The Nora be fired.
3. Why does Griswold approve of censorship?
(a) Because Griswold is easily offended.
(b) Because ignorance is bliss.
(c) Because Griswold realizes modern children are corrupt.
(d) Because young minds should be protected from pollution.
4. What does Mr. Moore notice about the guest speakers whose photos hang on his wall?
(a) Very few of them are black.
(b) Some of them are very distinguished looking.
(c) A couple of them are strangely dressed.
(d) Many of them have passed away.
5. For what purpose does Barney suggest finding Mrs. Salter?
(a) To interview her for the school newspaper.
(b) To convince her to return to the school.
(c) To get her advice on an essay.
(d) To throw her a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurred prior to Mrs. Salters leaving her position at the school?
2. According to Griswold, who has the right to participate in the activities of pubic school systems?
3. What is the name of the school the students attend?
4. What do Barney and Luke claim happened to them over the summer?
5. What does Nora wish to speak to Deidre about when she enters the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Griswold's beliefs about censorship?
2. What example does Matthew Griswold use to demonstrate that freedom has become less individualized?
3. What reaction do we see from Kate when Barney comments that "it doesn't feel right" to refer to authors as 'she' in the abstract?
4. Describe the class that Maggie Crowley teaches.
5. On what grounds is Gordon McLean offended by "Huckleberry Finn", and what has done about it?
6. What do Luke, Gordon and Barney have to say about their respective parents when it comes to "freedom"?
7. Describe Deirdre Fitzgerald.
8. How does Nora describe words such as 'clergyperson' and 'policeperson'?
9. What relevance do the portraits on Principal Moore's wall have in this chapter?
10. Describe Nora Baines.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)