|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes Deidre Fitzgerald?
(a) A short, heavy-set woman with glasses.
(b) A petite, fashionable woman.
(c) A tall, slender woman with a kind voice.
(d) An elderly woman with short hair.
2. What is Gordon's opinion of Nora after reading Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Nora must not have read the book.
(b) Nora must be trying to offend the boys in her class.
(c) Nora must not care how her black students feel.
(d) Nora must be a feminist.
3. What does Nora wish to speak to Deidre about when she enters the library?
(a) Her overdue books.
(b) The weather.
(c) New books in the library.
(d) Principal Moore.
4. What occurred prior to Mrs. Salters leaving her position at the school?
(a) An accident.
(b) An assault.
(c) An affair.
(d) An altercation.
5. Who is Kate Stevens?
(a) Barney's sister.
(b) A student teacher.
(c) The school librarian.
(d) A student at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is Black's belief that having the ability to explore, grow and adapt free of government control will create what for the people?
2. What reason does Nora give for Mrs. Salter's departure?
3. How does Nora describe the words like "clergyperson" and "policeperson"?
4. In a class discussion, what does Kate note about authors?
5. What does Mr. Moore believe will happen in Nora's class?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what grounds is Gordon McLean offended by "Huckleberry Finn", and what has done about it?
2. According to Nora, what types of people have been making complaints to the school library in the past few years?
3. What happens when Principal Moore encourages Nora to think of herself as a black person?
4. Why does Matthew Griswold believe religious concepts should be introduced in schools?
5. How does Nora describe words such as 'clergyperson' and 'policeperson'?
6. How does Principal Moore attempt to calm Mr. McLean over what he finds offensive in "Huckleberry Finn"?
7. How does the meeting between Nora Baines and Matthew Griswold go?
8. What do we learn about Deirdre's previous place of employment?
9. What do we learn about Barney in Chapter 6?
10. What does Carl McLean demand happen in regards to the novel, and how does Principal Moore respond?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)