|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Barney and Luke claim happened to them over the summer?
(a) They were kidnapped.
(b) They were possessed.
(c) They were recruited by the baseball team.
(d) They were grounded.
2. Who is Mrs. Salters?
(a) The school's former principal.
(b) The school's former history teacher.
(c) The school's former music teacher.
(d) The school's former librarian.
3. In which situation does Deirdre state that she is terrifying?
(a) When she first wakes up in the morning.
(b) When her back is against a wall.
(c) When she spots an empty parking space.
(d) When she is lied to.
4. What does Luke compare his mother to in an effort to convey the lack of freedom in his life?
(a) A fairy tale step-mother.
(b) A school principal.
(c) A warden.
(d) A police officer.
5. Where do Deirdre and Nora discuss the truth behind what happened to Mrs. Salter?
(a) In the school library.
(b) At a fast food joint.
(c) In the teachers' lounge.
(d) At a coffeeshop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barney ask Kate to make her call him crude before walking away?
2. Who bounces a book off of Kate's head?
3. What does Nora Bates make her class do in addition to studying their textbooks?
4. According to Griswold, who has the right to participate in the activities of pubic school systems?
5. What is the name of the class Maggie Crowley teaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Alexis de Tocqueville have to say about life in America?
2. Of what does Kate inform Barney regarding the school librarian?
3. What do Luke, Gordon and Barney have to say about their respective parents when it comes to "freedom"?
4. What kind of behavior does Griswold believe freedom is, and how does he think it should be taught?
5. What does Carl McLean demand happen in regards to the novel, and how does Principal Moore respond?
6. Why does Matthew Griswold believe religious concepts should be introduced in schools?
7. How does Nora describe words such as 'clergyperson' and 'policeperson'?
8. What are Griswold's beliefs about censorship?
9. What does Nora Baines tell Deirdre about censorship issues at the school?
10. What is Barney doing at the library?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)