|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the book that Barney is seeking?
(a) Another sudent has borrowed the book.
(b) Nora has borrowed the book.
(c) The book has been replaced.
(d) The book has been "removed".
2. Who bounces a book off of Kate's head?
(b) Principal Moore.
3. What is the topic of the book Barney went to the library to find?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Banned books.
(c) Human rights.
(d) Newspaper publishing,
4. What nickname do Barney and Luke have for their principal?
(a) Mighty Mike.
(b) Moore the Bore.
(c) Monster Mike.
(d) Mr. Say-no-Moore.
5. What, according to Dickenson, is the best way to fight a lie?
(a) By showing the truth simultaneously.
(b) With righteous indignation.
(c) With legal action.
(d) By telling another lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his meeting with Nora, what does Principal Moore say causes teacher burnout?
2. Who does Principal Moore request to come to see him first thing in the morning?
3. What does Barney say about his parents?
4. What is the name of the school the students attend?
5. Which of the following describes Deidre Fitzgerald?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what impression does Deidre have of Barney?
2. How does the meeting between Nora Baines and Matthew Griswold go?
3. How does Nora describe words such as 'clergyperson' and 'policeperson'?
4. What is supposed to happen when complaints are made against books, and why hadn't it happened in the past few years?
5. What are Griswold's beliefs about censorship?
6. What hypocrisy does Nora Baines show in Chapter 15?
7. What does Nora Baines tell Deirdre about censorship issues at the school?
8. What repercussions does Maggie Crowley suggest could result from Barney publishing his article?
9. What is Reuben Foster doing in his office at the beginning of Chapter 10?
10. How does Maggie Crowley threaten Principal Moore as he attempts to block Barney's article from being published?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)