|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora ask Matthew Griswold?
(a) Whether she can grade him on his professionalism.
(b) Whether she can grade him on his individualism.
(c) Whether she can grade him on his Americanism.
(d) Whether she can grade him on his socialism.
2. Where is the debate being held?
(a) The library.
(b) The auditorium.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) A classroom.
3. According to Nora Baines, what or who had been a victim of assaults in the previous school year?
(a) The school mascot.
(b) Library books.
(c) Members of the glee club.
(d) The chairs in the cafeteria.
4. In Matthew's story, what was the topic of the speaker's speech?
(a) The miracles of the mind.
(b) The mysteries of the universe.
(c) The essence of the soul.
(d) The marvels of the body.
5. In his meeting with Nora, what does Principal Moore say causes teacher burnout?
(a) Coaching too many sports.
(b) Planning too many activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Dickenson, is the best way to fight a lie?
2. What organization will the lawyer invited to the debate represent?
3. How did Kate learn about what happened to Mrs. Salters?
4. Why does Griswold approve of censorship?
5. Where do Deirdre and Nora discuss the truth behind what happened to Mrs. Salter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nora Baines tell Deirdre about censorship issues at the school?
2. What do Barney, Kate and Luke each think about Gordon's offense to Huckleberry Finn?
3. How does Nora explain Mrs. Salters' departure?
4. What does Carl McLean demand happen in regards to the novel, and how does Principal Moore respond?
5. Describe the class that Maggie Crowley teaches.
6. What did Alexis de Tocqueville have to say about life in America?
7. Why does Matthew Griswold believe religious concepts should be introduced in schools?
8. What is Principal Moore's response to Nora's vehement refusal to allow "Huckleberry Finn" to be removed from her class?
9. How does Nora react to Principal Moore asking her to pull "Huckleberry Finn" from her class?
10. What is Barney doing at the library?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)