|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gordon McLean?
(a) An exchange student from Scotland.
(b) A student who works on the school newspaper.
(c) A student in Nora's class.
(d) The chairman of the P.T.A.
2. What scenario does Griswald use to question the definition of freedom?
(a) A man selecting a neck tie.
(b) A dog picking a bone.
(c) A child choosing crayons.
(d) A woman buying lipstick.
3. What does Barney say about his parents?
(a) They trust him.
(b) They don't seem to notice him.
(c) They follow his every move.
(d) They treat him like an adult.
4. What does Carl McLean demand?
(a) That the library be closed.
(b) The Nora be fired.
(c) That the book be removed from the school.
(d) That his son be transferred to another school.
5. Who is Carl McLean?
(a) The leader of the Parent Teacher Association.
(b) A student in Nora's class.
(c) The school superintendant.
(d) Gordon's father.
6. What is the name of the school the students attend?
(a) Hagstrom High School
(b) Fitzgerald High School
(c) Lincoln High School
(d) George Mason High School
7. What position does Deidre Fitzgerald hold at the school?
(a) Math teacher.
(c) Art teacher.
8. Who is Barney named after?
(a) His uncle.
(b) A famous author.
(c) A comic strip character.
(d) His grandfather.
9. Who will represent The Citizen's League for the Preservation of American Values in the debate?
(a) Carl McLean.
(b) Principal Moore.
(c) Matthew Griswold.
(d) The Mayor.
10. What nickname do Barney and Luke have for their principal?
(a) Monster Mike.
(b) Moore the Bore.
(c) Mighty Mike.
(d) Mr. Say-no-Moore.
11. What does Luke compare his mother to in an effort to convey the lack of freedom in his life?
(a) A school principal.
(b) A fairy tale step-mother.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A warden.
12. How does Nora react to the complaint over Huckleberry Finn?
13. At Deidre's former place of employment, who was responsible for choosing the books?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The headmistress.
(c) A committee of local citizens.
14. Which of the following authors is mentioned as having been attacked in the past?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
15. Deidre realizes she is late for a meeting with whom?
(a) Nora Baines.
(b) Principal Moore.
(c) Maggie Crowley.
(d) Carl McLean.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Nora passes Gordon in the hall, what does he proclaim?
2. What reason does Nora give for Mrs. Salter's departure?
3. Which of the following books is mentioned as having been attacked in the past?
4. What did the school founder George Mason claim?
5. What does Deirdre wonder about Barney as she watches him look through the card catalog?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)