Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1919, for what crime were who flew red flags, arrested?
(a) Bad taste.
(b) Disturbing the peace.
2. When he can't find the book that he wants, what does Deirdre offer Barney?
(a) To borrow a copy from another school.
(b) Her own private copy.
(c) An audio version.
(d) To buy another copy.
3. How did Kate learn about what happened to Mrs. Salters?
(a) From Mrs. Baines.
(b) From Principal Moore.
(c) From the local newspaper.
(d) From her mother.
4. What is Kate's opinion of Huckleberry Finn?
(a) The novel is misunderstood.
(b) The novel is racist and sexist.
(c) The novel is too difficult to understand.
(d) The novel is Kate's favorite.
5. What word does Kate use to describe sexism and racism?
6. Who does Kate claim truly ruled in America?
(a) Male, white people.
(b) The lobbyists in Washington.
(c) The rich upperclass.
(d) Powerful businessmen.
7. How does Barney say Kate gets her fun?
(a) By gossiping about people.
(b) By seeing people offended.
(c) By sticking pins into people.
(d) By jumping on a bandwagon.
8. What action does Gordon take after reading Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Gordon starts and argument with Nora.
(b) Gordon asks his father to file a complaint.
(c) Gordon burns the book.
(d) Gordon drops out of Nora's class.
9. At Deidre's former place of employment, who was responsible for choosing the books?
(a) The mayor.
(c) The headmistress.
(d) A committee of local citizens.
10. Why does Griswold think schools should introduce religious concepts?
(a) Modern kids are lack morals.
(b) Schools are a place of learning.
(c) You need knowledge of religious concepts to get into college.
(d) Parents don't have time to teach religion.
11. Who does Principal Moore request to come to see him first thing in the morning?
(a) Gordon McLean.
(b) Nora Baines.
(c) Barney Roth.
(d) Deirdre Fitzgerald.
12. What do Barney and Luke claim happened to them over the summer?
(a) They were kidnapped.
(b) They were recruited by the baseball team.
(c) They were possessed.
(d) They were grounded.
13. What does Mr. McLean do when he arrives for his meeting with Mr. Moore?
(a) He tears pages out of a copy of the novel.
(b) He asks that Nora join the meeting.
(c) He stares in surprise at the portraits on the wall.
(d) He reads passages from the novel.
14. What is the title of the debate?
(a) "Is Individual Freedom Getting out of Hand?"
(b) "Is America really Free?"
(c) "Is Individual Freedom Worth Fighting For?"
(d) "Is America out of Hand?"
15. What kind of behavior does Griswold believe freedom to be?
(a) A learned behavior.
(b) A devious behavior.
(c) A social behavior.
(d) A natural behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora ask Matthew Griswold?
2. What is the name of the school the students attend?
3. What position does Deidre Fitzgerald hold at the school?
4. What does Carl McLean demand?
5. What is the topic of the book Barney went to the library to find?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)