|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, by law, is prevented from controlling the school newspaper?
(a) The teaching staff.
(b) The school authorities.
(c) The government.
(d) The students.
2. A teacher at the school has filed a complaint against the book for what reason?
(b) Religious intolerance.
(d) Drug and alcohol abuse.
3. Who is Carl McLean?
(a) The leader of the Parent Teacher Association.
(b) Gordon's father.
(c) The school superintendant.
(d) A student in Nora's class.
4. What nickname do Barney and Luke have for their principal?
(a) Mr. Say-no-Moore.
(b) Monster Mike.
(c) Mighty Mike.
(d) Moore the Bore.
5. Which of the following authors is mentioned as having been attacked in the past?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Kurt Vonnegut.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Charles Dickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barney say Kate gets her fun?
2. What does Barney suggest Gordon should do in discussions about Huckleberry Finn?
3. What does Reuben Foster state the Board will have a session to review?
4. Which committee members voted to keep Huckleberry Finn 'free' in the school?
5. Where is the school board meeting held?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)