|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what is said to be the enemy of true freedom?
2. In his meeting with Nora, what does Principal Moore say causes teacher burnout?
(c) Coaching too many sports.
(d) Planning too many activities.
3. What does Barney offer Principal Moore should his article be published?
(a) The opportunity to write a reply.
(b) To step down as editor of the school paper.
(c) To leave his name out of the article.
(d) The chance to speak to the television press.
4. How does Nora describe the words like "clergyperson" and "policeperson"?
(a) As slang in the age of political correctness.
(b) As examples of the flexibility of language.
(c) As deformities of language.
(d) As perfectly acceptable words.
5. What does Principal Moore tell Deirdre to do if a student asks for Huckleberry Finn?
(a) To tell them to get it from the town library.
(b) To tell them it is out.
(c) To give them detention.
(d) To give them a copy of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barney say will happen when his story is published?
2. What offends Matthew Griswold about "Huckleberry Finn"?
3. When he can't find the book that he wants, what does Deirdre offer Barney?
4. What does Karen suggest is the reason Principal Moore wanted the Dickens novel removed?
5. What does Nora feel should never occur?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)