|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barney say will happen when his story is published?
(a) He will be expelled from school.
(b) The "Huckleberry Finn" issue will be quickly settled.
(c) Karen Salter will be a heroine.
(d) Principal Moore will be fired.
2. What makes Kate question her original beliefs?
(a) Deirdre's comments on TV.
(b) Comments from Barney.
(c) Turney's speech.
(d) The media coverage of the controversy.
3. After local press publicizes the issues at the school, who begins to show interest in the story?
(a) The international press.
(b) Human rights organizations.
(c) Talk show hosts.
(d) National news stations.
4. In class, how does Barney describe "Huckleberry Finn" to Gordon?
(a) As unintentionally offensive.
(b) As a great work of American literature.
(c) As a book about two men who care for each other.
(d) As a story that transcends racial issues.
5. What does Kate say Gordon should not have to be reminded of in class?
(d) The Huckleberry Finn controversy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrangement was made so that Karen could leave her job on beneficial terms?
2. Why did Mrs. Salter become frustrated by her job?
3. What book by Alexis de Tocqueville does Nora introduce in her class?
4. What does Barney ask Kate to make her call him crude before walking away?
5. What does Luke imagine happening to the library?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)