|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1919, for what crime were who flew red flags, arrested?
(b) Bad taste.
(c) Disturbing the peace.
2. Why does Griswold think schools should introduce religious concepts?
(a) Modern kids are lack morals.
(b) Schools are a place of learning.
(c) Parents don't have time to teach religion.
(d) You need knowledge of religious concepts to get into college.
3. What book does Kate cite as not possibly offensive to anyone?
(a) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(b) Vanity Fair.
(c) Goodnight, Moon.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
4. What book containing rape, slavery and murder did Karen complain about to Moore?
(a) The Grapes of Wrath.
(b) Gone with the Wind.
(c) The Holy Bible.
(d) War and Peace.
5. What word does Kate use to describe sexism and racism?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Matthew's story, what was the topic of the speaker's speech?
2. What scenario does Griswald use to question the definition of freedom?
3. What does the committee decide of Huckleberry Finn?
4. What is Matthew Griswold's concern about freedom?
5. What offends Gordon about the novel, Huckleberry Finn?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)