|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 11, some students object to staying in what sort of class?
(a) An offensive class.
(b) A harmful class.
(c) A racist class.
(d) An oppressive class.
2. What did Principal Moore fail to have Mr. McLean do?
(a) Contact the school board.
(b) Leave his telephone number.
(c) Fill out a complaint form.
(d) Take his son home.
3. What does Luke compare his mother to in an effort to convey the lack of freedom in his life?
(a) A fairy tale step-mother.
(b) A school principal.
(c) A warden.
(d) A police officer.
4. What did Mrs. Salter do after fighting with Mr. Moore about what was happening in the library?
(a) Mrs. Salter burned a pile of books.
(b) Mrs. Salter threw books at Mr. Moore.
(c) Mrs. Salter took an extended vacation.
(d) Mrs. Salter quit her job.
5. What does the acronym SOCASH stand for?
(a) Save Our Children from Austen, Shakespeare & Hemmingway.
(b) Save Our Children from Atheist Secular Humanism.
(c) Save Our Children from Authors, Satirists & Humorists.
(d) Save Our Children from American School Heretics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kate say she would like to see debate Carl McLean?
2. What does Carl McLean demand?
3. How does Nora react to the complaint over Huckleberry Finn?
4. Why does Nora assume Lomax might vote against "Huckleberry Finn"?
5. What has Barney written for the school paper?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)