|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following books is mentioned as having been attacked in the past?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Animal Farm.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) The Catcher in the Rye.
2. Who is Hugo Black?
(a) A Supreme Court Justice
(b) A participant in the debate.
(c) A school janitor.
(d) A student in Maggie's class.
3. Which of the following describes Deidre Fitzgerald?
(a) A petite, fashionable woman.
(b) An elderly woman with short hair.
(c) A tall, slender woman with a kind voice.
(d) A short, heavy-set woman with glasses.
4. What does Nora feel should never occur?
(a) Books being put on trial.
(b) Parents interfering in the classroom.
(c) Teachers going unchallenged.
(d) Students walking out of class.
5. What does Gordon say about his parents?
(a) They are tough like prison guards.
(b) They are too lenient.
(c) They don't know the meaning of the word 'discipline'.
(d) They are strict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Barney named after?
2. What word does Kate use to describe sexism and racism?
3. What does Mr. Moore consider searching the school for before Mr. McLean arrives?
4. Who is Carl McLean?
5. What is the name of the class Maggie Crowley teaches?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)