|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deirdre remind Moore he should be respectful of?
(a) The procedures of the school.
(b) Her role as librarian.
(c) The literary career of Mark Twain.
(d) The influence he has on the students.
2. In which situation does Deirdre state that she is terrifying?
(a) When she spots an empty parking space.
(b) When her back is against a wall.
(c) When she is lied to.
(d) When she first wakes up in the morning.
3. Who is Steve Turney?
(a) A student who writes for the school newspaper.
(b) A member of the School Board.
(c) The only black student who remains in the class.
(d) The father of a student in Nora's class.
4. According to Nora, how did Principal Moore deal with controversial books?
(a) He would ask Mrs. Salter to remove them from the library.
(b) He would tear out the pages with offensive content.
(c) He would let the P.T.A. decide what to do.
(d) He would encourage students to read them.
5. What has Barney written for the school paper?
(a) An investigation of Prinicipal Moore's censorship.
(b) An interview with Deirdre Fitzgerald.
(c) An editorial about Huckleberry Finn.
(d) A profile of Principal Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Griswold think schools should introduce religious concepts?
2. What does Nora suggest the students use instead of "he" or "she" to refer to authors?
3. What does the acronym SOCASH stand for?
4. What does Barney ask Kate to make her call him crude before walking away?
5. What does Maggie suggest might happen if Barney offends Principal Moore?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)