|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barney suggest Gordon should do in discussions about Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Gordon should excuse himself.
(b) Gordon should raise his voice.
(c) Gordon should speak out.
(d) Gordon should keep his opinions to himself.
2. Why doesn't Steve Turney object to staying in the class?
(a) His parents have told him to stay in class.
(b) He thinks that Gordon is handling the situation wrong.
(c) He hasn't yet decided whether the book is racist or not.
(d) He doesn't find the book to be offensive.
3. What does Nora feel should never occur?
(a) Parents interfering in the classroom.
(b) Books being put on trial.
(c) Teachers going unchallenged.
(d) Students walking out of class.
4. Who bounces a book off of Kate's head?
(a) Principal Moore.
5. What is Barney's full first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Deirdre heard some people described as worse than books that degrade minorities?
2. What is Kate's opinion of Huckleberry Finn?
3. Deidre realizes she is late for a meeting with whom?
4. A teacher at the school has filed a complaint against the book for what reason?
5. What word does Kate use to describe sexism and racism?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)