|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hugo Black?
(a) A participant in the debate.
(b) A student in Maggie's class.
(c) A school janitor.
(d) A Supreme Court Justice
2. What kind of behavior does Griswold believe freedom to be?
(a) A learned behavior.
(b) A natural behavior.
(c) A devious behavior.
(d) A social behavior.
3. What are Luke, Barney and Nora doing in the library?
(a) Waiting for the names of the review committee to be released.
(b) Researching book bannings in America.
(c) Holding a tutoring session.
(d) Creating petitions to save "Huckleberry Finn".
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, some students object to staying in what sort of class?
(a) An oppressive class.
(b) A racist class.
(c) A harmful class.
(d) An offensive class.
5. Who does Carl suggest should be photographed to balance out the wall of photos?
(b) The students.
(c) The teaching staff.
(d) The kitchen and custodial staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Deidre realizes she is late for a meeting with whom?
2. What does Barney compare the banning of "Huckleberry Finn" to?
3. How does Principal Moore try to convince Deirdre to remove the books from the library?
4. What is Matthew Griswold's concern about freedom?
5. What nickname do Barney and Luke have for their principal?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)