|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the debate Maggie invites Nora and her class to attend?
(a) Freedom of the press.
(c) Constitutional rights.
(d) Individual freedoms.
2. How does Barney say Kate gets her fun?
(a) By sticking pins into people.
(b) By jumping on a bandwagon.
(c) By seeing people offended.
(d) By gossiping about people.
3. Who does Principal Moore request to come to see him first thing in the morning?
(a) Deirdre Fitzgerald.
(b) Nora Baines.
(c) Gordon McLean.
(d) Barney Roth.
4. Who is Gordon McLean?
(a) The chairman of the P.T.A.
(b) A student who works on the school newspaper.
(c) A student in Nora's class.
(d) An exchange student from Scotland.
5. What does the acronym SOCASH stand for?
(a) Save Our Children from American School Heretics.
(b) Save Our Children from Atheist Secular Humanism.
(c) Save Our Children from Austen, Shakespeare & Hemmingway.
(d) Save Our Children from Authors, Satirists & Humorists.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which situation does Deirdre state that she is terrifying?
2. What does Mr. Moore attempt to explain about the racist references in the novel?
3. When he can't find the book that he wants, what does Deirdre offer Barney?
4. What does Deirdre wonder about Barney as she watches him look through the card catalog?
5. What reason does Nora give for Mrs. Salter's departure?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)