|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deirdre wonder about Barney as she watches him look through the card catalog?
(a) Whether he is a bully.
(b) Whether he is intelligent.
(c) Whether he is shy.
(d) Whether he is lost.
2. What does Nora say Tocqueville felt Americans truly ruled?
(b) The global economy.
(c) The fields of science and technology.
(d) The modern age.
3. Who is Carl McLean?
(a) Gordon's father.
(b) The leader of the Parent Teacher Association.
(c) A student in Nora's class.
(d) The school superintendant.
4. What action does Gordon take after reading Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Gordon starts and argument with Nora.
(b) Gordon burns the book.
(c) Gordon asks his father to file a complaint.
(d) Gordon drops out of Nora's class.
5. In his meeting with Nora, what does Principal Moore say causes teacher burnout?
(a) Coaching too many sports.
(b) Planning too many activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barney ask Kate to make her call him crude before walking away?
2. How does Nora react to the complaint over Huckleberry Finn?
3. Who does Principal Moore request to come to see him first thing in the morning?
4. What nickname do Barney and Luke have for their principal?
5. What does Nora anticipate will happen at the school over the "Huckleberry Finn" issue?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)