|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Moore notice about the guest speakers whose photos hang on his wall?
(a) Many of them have passed away.
(b) A couple of them are strangely dressed.
(c) Very few of them are black.
(d) Some of them are very distinguished looking.
2. In a class discussion, what does Kate note about authors?
(a) Authors are free to write whatever they want to.
(b) Authors don't make much money.
(c) Authors are not all male.
(d) Authors often use pseudonyms.
3. What does Nora Bates make her class do in addition to studying their textbooks?
(a) Interview local historians.
(b) Watch the evening news.
(c) Keep a journal.
(d) Read novels.
4. What did Mrs. Salter do after fighting with Mr. Moore about what was happening in the library?
(a) Mrs. Salter took an extended vacation.
(b) Mrs. Salter quit her job.
(c) Mrs. Salter burned a pile of books.
(d) Mrs. Salter threw books at Mr. Moore.
5. What does Mr. Moore consider searching the school for before Mr. McLean arrives?
(a) An image of Martin Luther King.
(b) A copy of "Huckleberry Finn".
(c) A more comfortable chair for his office.
(d) Deirdre, so she can join the meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barney ask Kate to make her call him crude before walking away?
2. What does Mr. Moore attempt to explain about the racist references in the novel?
3. What does Luke think of Gordon's reaction to Huckleberry Finn?
4. What did de Tocqueville fear was lost in an effort by Americans to assimilate?
5. How did Kate learn about what happened to Mrs. Salters?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)