|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barney say Kate gets her fun?
(a) By jumping on a bandwagon.
(b) By sticking pins into people.
(c) By gossiping about people.
(d) By seeing people offended.
2. What does Mr. McLean do when he arrives for his meeting with Mr. Moore?
(a) He asks that Nora join the meeting.
(b) He reads passages from the novel.
(c) He tears pages out of a copy of the novel.
(d) He stares in surprise at the portraits on the wall.
3. How does Nora describe the words like "clergyperson" and "policeperson"?
(a) As deformities of language.
(b) As slang in the age of political correctness.
(c) As perfectly acceptable words.
(d) As examples of the flexibility of language.
4. Where do Deirdre and Nora discuss the truth behind what happened to Mrs. Salter?
(a) In the teachers' lounge.
(b) In the school library.
(c) At a coffeeshop.
(d) At a fast food joint.
5. What did Mrs. Salter do after fighting with Mr. Moore about what was happening in the library?
(a) Mrs. Salter threw books at Mr. Moore.
(b) Mrs. Salter burned a pile of books.
(c) Mrs. Salter took an extended vacation.
(d) Mrs. Salter quit her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school the students attend?
2. What nickname do Barney and Luke have for their principal?
3. What action does Gordon take after reading Huckleberry Finn?
4. What word does Kate use to describe sexism and racism?
5. What does Nora say Tocqueville felt Americans truly ruled?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)