|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did de Tocqueville fear was lost in an effort by Americans to assimilate?
2. What is Kate's opinion of Huckleberry Finn?
(a) The novel is too difficult to understand.
(b) The novel is racist and sexist.
(c) The novel is misunderstood.
(d) The novel is Kate's favorite.
3. Which of the following authors is mentioned as having been attacked in the past?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
4. Who does Carl suggest should be photographed to balance out the wall of photos?
(a) The kitchen and custodial staff.
(b) The students.
(d) The teaching staff.
5. Who does Kate claim truly ruled in America?
(a) Male, white people.
(b) The rich upperclass.
(c) Powerful businessmen.
(d) The lobbyists in Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barney say Kate gets her fun?
2. What reason does Nora give for Mrs. Salter's departure?
3. How does Nora describe the words like "clergyperson" and "policeperson"?
4. Which of the following describes Deidre Fitzgerald?
5. What occurred prior to Mrs. Salters leaving her position at the school?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)