|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barney say Kate gets her fun?
(a) By sticking pins into people.
(b) By jumping on a bandwagon.
(c) By gossiping about people.
(d) By seeing people offended.
2. What word does Kate use to describe sexism and racism?
3. According to Nora Baines, what or who had been a victim of assaults in the previous school year?
(a) Members of the glee club.
(b) The chairs in the cafeteria.
(c) The school mascot.
(d) Library books.
4. Why did Mrs. Salter become frustrated by her job?
(a) Mrs. Salter was told to remove books from the library on a daily basis.
(b) Mrs. Salter became tired of explaining why certain books were no longer unavailable.
(c) Students never returned books by their due dates.
(d) There were not enough books in the library.
5. What does Mr. Moore believe will happen in Nora's class?
(a) The book will no longer be taught.
(b) The book will be taught in the context of anti-racism.
(c) The black students will be excused from the class.
(d) The book will be censored of all offensive content.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate's opinion of Huckleberry Finn?
2. Who is Gordon McLean?
3. What does Barney ask Kate to make her call him crude before walking away?
4. Who is Kate Stevens?
5. What did Mrs. Salter do after fighting with Mr. Moore about what was happening in the library?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)