|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did de Tocqueville fear was lost in an effort by Americans to assimilate?
2. Who does Kate claim truly ruled in America?
(a) The rich upperclass.
(b) Male, white people.
(c) Powerful businessmen.
(d) The lobbyists in Washington.
3. In which situation does Deirdre state that she is terrifying?
(a) When she first wakes up in the morning.
(b) When her back is against a wall.
(c) When she spots an empty parking space.
(d) When she is lied to.
4. Who is Kate Stevens?
(a) A student teacher.
(b) Barney's sister.
(c) The school librarian.
(d) A student at the school.
5. What reason does Nora give for Mrs. Salter's departure?
(a) Mrs. Salter was offered a better position elsewhere.
(b) Mrs. Salter had fallen ill.
(c) Mrs. Salter took early retirement.
(d) Mr. Moore didn't like Mrs. Salter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Deidre Fitzgerald?
2. In a class discussion, what does Kate note about authors?
3. What is Gordon's opinion of Nora after reading Huckleberry Finn?
4. Why did Mrs. Salter become frustrated by her job?
5. What occurred prior to Mrs. Salters leaving her position at the school?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)