|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nora, how did Principal Moore deal with controversial books?
(a) He would ask Mrs. Salter to remove them from the library.
(b) He would encourage students to read them.
(c) He would let the P.T.A. decide what to do.
(d) He would tear out the pages with offensive content.
2. What position does Deidre Fitzgerald hold at the school?
(c) Math teacher.
(d) Art teacher.
3. What did Mrs. Salter do after fighting with Mr. Moore about what was happening in the library?
(a) Mrs. Salter threw books at Mr. Moore.
(b) Mrs. Salter burned a pile of books.
(c) Mrs. Salter quit her job.
(d) Mrs. Salter took an extended vacation.
4. For what purpose does Barney suggest finding Mrs. Salter?
(a) To throw her a party.
(b) To get her advice on an essay.
(c) To convince her to return to the school.
(d) To interview her for the school newspaper.
5. What offends Gordon about the novel, Huckleberry Finn?
(a) The novel's sexual content.
(b) The novel's stereotypical characters.
(c) The portrayal of women in the novel.
(d) The use of the word "nigger" in the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora say Tocqueville felt Americans truly ruled?
2. Who is Gordon McLean?
3. Who is Mrs. Salters?
4. Which of the following describes Deidre Fitzgerald?
5. What did de Tocqueville fear was lost in an effort by Americans to assimilate?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)