|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes Deidre Fitzgerald?
(a) A petite, fashionable woman.
(b) An elderly woman with short hair.
(c) A short, heavy-set woman with glasses.
(d) A tall, slender woman with a kind voice.
2. What nickname do Barney and Luke have for their principal?
(a) Monster Mike.
(b) Mighty Mike.
(c) Moore the Bore.
(d) Mr. Say-no-Moore.
3. What did de Tocqueville fear was lost in an effort by Americans to assimilate?
4. What does Nora Bates make her class do in addition to studying their textbooks?
(a) Watch the evening news.
(b) Read novels.
(c) Keep a journal.
(d) Interview local historians.
5. What does the acronym SOCASH stand for?
(a) Save Our Children from Atheist Secular Humanism.
(b) Save Our Children from American School Heretics.
(c) Save Our Children from Authors, Satirists & Humorists.
(d) Save Our Children from Austen, Shakespeare & Hemmingway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is supposed to happen when complaints are made about books in the school library?
2. For what purpose does Barney suggest finding Mrs. Salter?
3. What subject does Nora Baines teach?
4. How does Nora describe the words like "clergyperson" and "policeperson"?
5. How did Kate learn about what happened to Mrs. Salters?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)