|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Kate use to describe sexism and racism?
2. For what purpose does Barney suggest finding Mrs. Salter?
(a) To convince her to return to the school.
(b) To get her advice on an essay.
(c) To interview her for the school newspaper.
(d) To throw her a party.
3. Which of the following authors is mentioned as having been attacked in the past?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut.
(d) Jane Austen.
4. What does Nora say Tocqueville felt Americans truly ruled?
(b) The fields of science and technology.
(c) The global economy.
(d) The modern age.
5. What does the acronym SOCASH stand for?
(a) Save Our Children from Atheist Secular Humanism.
(b) Save Our Children from American School Heretics.
(c) Save Our Children from Authors, Satirists & Humorists.
(d) Save Our Children from Austen, Shakespeare & Hemmingway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Barney and Luke claim happened to them over the summer?
2. What is Gordon's opinion of Nora after reading Huckleberry Finn?
3. Who is Kate Stevens?
4. What is the name of the school the students attend?
5. Who is Mrs. Salters?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)