|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kate learn about what happened to Mrs. Salters?
(a) From Principal Moore.
(b) From the local newspaper.
(c) From Mrs. Baines.
(d) From her mother.
2. For what purpose does Barney suggest finding Mrs. Salter?
(a) To get her advice on an essay.
(b) To interview her for the school newspaper.
(c) To convince her to return to the school.
(d) To throw her a party.
3. What is Gordon's opinion of Nora after reading Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Nora must be a feminist.
(b) Nora must be trying to offend the boys in her class.
(c) Nora must not have read the book.
(d) Nora must not care how her black students feel.
4. Why did Mrs. Salter become frustrated by her job?
(a) Mrs. Salter became tired of explaining why certain books were no longer unavailable.
(b) There were not enough books in the library.
(c) Students never returned books by their due dates.
(d) Mrs. Salter was told to remove books from the library on a daily basis.
5. Who is Kate Stevens?
(a) Barney's sister.
(b) The school librarian.
(c) A student teacher.
(d) A student at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Deirdre and Nora discuss the truth behind what happened to Mrs. Salter?
2. Which of the following authors is mentioned as having been attacked in the past?
3. What position does Deidre Fitzgerald hold at the school?
4. What did de Tocqueville fear was lost in an effort by Americans to assimilate?
5. What do Barney and Luke claim happened to them over the summer?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)