|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Steve Turney?
(a) The father of a student in Nora's class.
(b) The only black student who remains in the class.
(c) A student who writes for the school newspaper.
(d) A member of the School Board.
2. What does Barney say will happen when his story is published?
(a) The "Huckleberry Finn" issue will be quickly settled.
(b) Principal Moore will be fired.
(c) Karen Salter will be a heroine.
(d) He will be expelled from school.
3. At which university was the speaker Matthew Griswold referred to in his story booed?
4. A teacher at the school has filed a complaint against the book for what reason?
(a) Drug and alcohol abuse.
(d) Religious intolerance.
5. When he can't find the book that he wants, what does Deirdre offer Barney?
(a) An audio version.
(b) Her own private copy.
(c) To borrow a copy from another school.
(d) To buy another copy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Carl McLean?
2. What does Barney suggest Gordon should do in discussions about Huckleberry Finn?
3. What is the name of the school the students attend?
4. What happens to the immoral characters in Dickens' story?
5. After local press publicizes the issues at the school, who begins to show interest in the story?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)