|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora Bates make her class do in addition to studying their textbooks?
(a) Interview local historians.
(b) Read novels.
(c) Watch the evening news.
(d) Keep a journal.
2. Who will represent The Citizen's League for the Preservation of American Values in the debate?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) Principal Moore.
(c) Carl McLean.
(d) Matthew Griswold.
3. What did Principal Moore fail to have Mr. McLean do?
(a) Leave his telephone number.
(b) Fill out a complaint form.
(c) Contact the school board.
(d) Take his son home.
4. How does Nora react to the complaint over Huckleberry Finn?
5. What does Carl McLean demand?
(a) That his son be transferred to another school.
(b) The Nora be fired.
(c) That the library be closed.
(d) That the book be removed from the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Nora passes Gordon in the hall, what does he proclaim?
2. According to Nora Baines, what or who had been a victim of assaults in the previous school year?
3. Which of the following describes Deidre Fitzgerald?
4. In a class discussion, what does Kate note about authors?
5. What does Nora suggest the students use instead of "he" or "she" to refer to authors?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)