|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What point does Griswold make about the Supreme Court upholding the separation of Church and state?
(a) That the Supreme Court is full of clowns.
(b) That people will support a change someday.
(c) That slavery and segregation were once upheld, too.
(d) That American will one day suffer as a result.
2. Who does Principal Moore have a telephone conversation with at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Nora Baines.
(b) A member of the school board.
(c) Carl McLean.
(d) Maggie Crowley.
3. How does Barney say Kate gets her fun?
(a) By seeing people offended.
(b) By jumping on a bandwagon.
(c) By gossiping about people.
(d) By sticking pins into people.
4. What does Deirdre wonder about Barney as she watches him look through the card catalog?
(a) Whether he is shy.
(b) Whether he is lost.
(c) Whether he is intelligent.
(d) Whether he is a bully.
5. Who is Barney named after?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) A famous author.
(c) A comic strip character.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Griswold, who has the right to participate in the activities of pubic school systems?
2. What does Kate say Gordon should not have to be reminded of in class?
3. What, according to Dickenson, is the best way to fight a lie?
4. What is Matthew Griswold's concern about freedom?
5. What has Deirdre heard some people described as worse than books that degrade minorities?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)