|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be Griswold's preferred title for the debate?
(a) "Is Undervaluing Freedom Ruining America?"
(b) "Where is Freedom?"
(c) "Is America Free for All, or Just for Few?"
(d) "Is False Freedom Giving True Freedom a Bad Name?"
2. What right(s) does Kate feel are being infringed on by having to read "Huckleberry Finn"?
(a) The right to freedom of choice.
(b) The right to freedom of education.
(c) The right to speak freely and demonstrate.
(d) The right to be free from racism and sexism.
3. What is Kate's opinion of Huckleberry Finn?
(a) The novel is misunderstood.
(b) The novel is racist and sexist.
(c) The novel is Kate's favorite.
(d) The novel is too difficult to understand.
4. Why does Griswold approve of censorship?
(a) Because Griswold realizes modern children are corrupt.
(b) Because young minds should be protected from pollution.
(c) Because ignorance is bliss.
(d) Because Griswold is easily offended.
5. What does Mr. Moore believe will happen in Nora's class?
(a) The book will be censored of all offensive content.
(b) The book will be taught in the context of anti-racism.
(c) The book will no longer be taught.
(d) The black students will be excused from the class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lomax say can happen when one group is given the power to censor?
2. What, according to Dickenson, is the best way to fight a lie?
3. What does Luke think of Gordon's reaction to Huckleberry Finn?
4. What does Barney ask Kate to make her call him crude before walking away?
5. What does Mr. McLean do when he arrives for his meeting with Mr. Moore?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)