|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offends Matthew Griswold about "Huckleberry Finn"?
(a) The author's use of the word "nigger".
(b) The lack of positive role models in the book.
(c) The portrayal of women in the book.
(d) The author's overt religious intolerance.
2. What scenario does Griswald use to question the definition of freedom?
(a) A dog picking a bone.
(b) A woman buying lipstick.
(c) A man selecting a neck tie.
(d) A child choosing crayons.
3. What does Luke think of Gordon's reaction to Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Luke thinks Gordon is seeking attention.
(b) Luke thinks Gordon is right.
(c) Luke thinks Gordon is misunderstanding the story.
(d) Luke thinks Gordon is overreacting.
4. What does Mr. Dennis claim Jim and Huck's nudity in the novel suggests?
(a) Innocence and purity.
(c) A sense of freedom.
(d) The author was a social deviant.
5. In Matthew's story, what was the topic of the speaker's speech?
(a) The essence of the soul.
(b) The mysteries of the universe.
(c) The marvels of the body.
(d) The miracles of the mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. McLean do when he arrives for his meeting with Mr. Moore?
2. What does Griswold suggest should happen with the book?
3. At which university was the speaker Matthew Griswold referred to in his story booed?
4. Where is the review hearing being held?
5. What is Kate's opinion of Huckleberry Finn?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)