|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offends Matthew Griswold about "Huckleberry Finn"?
(a) The lack of positive role models in the book.
(b) The author's use of the word "nigger".
(c) The portrayal of women in the book.
(d) The author's overt religious intolerance.
2. What, according to Dickenson, is the best way to fight a lie?
(a) By telling another lie.
(b) By showing the truth simultaneously.
(c) With legal action.
(d) With righteous indignation.
3. What does Barney ask Kate to make her call him crude before walking away?
(a) Barney suggests Kate doesn't know how to read.
(b) Barney suggests Kate drop the class.
(c) Barney suggests the books be burned.
(d) Barney suggests the book should be more sexist.
4. What does Mr. Moore consider searching the school for before Mr. McLean arrives?
(a) A copy of "Huckleberry Finn".
(b) Deirdre, so she can join the meeting.
(c) A more comfortable chair for his office.
(d) An image of Martin Luther King.
5. Why does Griswold believe high school students should not be allowed to have free choice?
(a) Students are not ready for such degrees of freedom.
(b) Students are too selfish.
(c) Students are not able to think clearly.
(d) Students lack common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of behavior does Griswold believe freedom to be?
2. How does Barney say Kate gets her fun?
3. What scenario does Griswald use to question the definition of freedom?
4. Who does Carl suggest should be photographed to balance out the wall of photos?
5. What does Lomax say can happen when one group is given the power to censor?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)