|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What right(s) does Kate feel are being infringed on by having to read "Huckleberry Finn"?
(a) The right to freedom of choice.
(b) The right to be free from racism and sexism.
(c) The right to speak freely and demonstrate.
(d) The right to freedom of education.
2. What does Nora ask Griswold?
(a) Whether he has even read "Huckleberry Finn".
(b) Whether he is an agent of the Soviet Union.
(c) Whether he respects women.
(d) Whether he believes in free speech.
3. What would be Griswold's preferred title for the debate?
(a) "Where is Freedom?"
(b) "Is False Freedom Giving True Freedom a Bad Name?"
(c) "Is Undervaluing Freedom Ruining America?"
(d) "Is America Free for All, or Just for Few?"
4. Who does Carl suggest should be photographed to balance out the wall of photos?
(b) The students.
(c) The kitchen and custodial staff.
(d) The teaching staff.
5. What does Mr. McLean do when he arrives for his meeting with Mr. Moore?
(a) He asks that Nora join the meeting.
(b) He reads passages from the novel.
(c) He stares in surprise at the portraits on the wall.
(d) He tears pages out of a copy of the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Carl McLean?
2. What does Barney ask Kate to make her call him crude before walking away?
3. What is Kate's opinion of Huckleberry Finn?
4. What, according to Dickenson, is the best way to fight a lie?
5. What does Mr. Moore notice about the guest speakers whose photos hang on his wall?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)