Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* The school year is beginning at George Mason High School.
* Mrs. Salters, the school librarian, has quit her job.
* The new school librarian is Deidre Fitzgerald , a tall, slender woman with a kind voice.
* The history teacher, Nora Baines, is introduced.
* Nora tells Deirdre about problems with assaults on books that occurred in the...
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)