|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the American steamer Fogg, Aouda, and Passepartout board in Chapter 24?
(a) The Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) The General Grant.
(c) The American General.
(d) The General Custer.
2. With what impression is Fogg and his party left about Mormon women?
(a) They are the happiest people in the Mormon capitol.
(b) They are very friendly and generous.
(c) They are the most miserable people in the Mormon capitol.
(d) They are not friendly.
3. How long does Fogg have to spare before appearing in the salon?
(a) Five seconds.
(b) Seven seconds.
(c) Four seconds.
(d) Three seconds.
4. Who says: "It must be confessed that I cost my master dear!"
(a) A servant on the train.
(c) None of these.
5. What mountain region does the train pass through?
(a) Grand Canyon.
(b) Sierra Mountains.
(c) Grand Tetons.
(d) Rocky Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Passepartout do with the remaining money from his journey?
2. Where is Fogg arrested and jailed?
3. When does Fogg call for Passepartout once they are home?
4. What city does Fogg and his party visit during the stop in Utah?
5. Who goes to rescue the passengers taken prisoner by the Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the train crossing America stopped a second time? What decision is made? What does this mean for Fogg?
2. What do Fogg's friends at the Reform Club plan to do if he does not show up on time? What do they believe Fogg may do?
3. What way does Passepartout consider earning money for breakfast in Yokohama? What way does he decide to earn the money?
4. Who approaches Fogg with a solution for leaving Fort Kearney? Why is this significant?
5. How is it possible Fogg and Passepartout arrived back in London with 24 hours to spare and neither of them knew it? Did Jules Verne give any indication this could happen?
6. What happens to Fogg as soon as he is back on British soil in Liverpool? How does he feel about this challenge?
7. What impression are Fogg and his party left with of Salt Lake City and the Mormon people?
8. In Chapter 26, how long does Fogg have to reach New York? Does Jules Verne give any hints to the reader that Fogg may not make his destination in time?
9. How are Fogg, Aouda, Fix, Colonel Proctor, and Passepartout effected by the Sioux Indian attack on the train?
10. What does Passepartout learn about polygamy, and how does he feel about Mormon women?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)