|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Passepartout find himself sitting during their journey across America?
(b) A beautiful female passenger.
(d) Detective Fix.
2. What does Fogg spend his first day back in London doing?
(a) He spends the day at the Reform Club.
(b) Settling his wager with his friends.
(c) Sleeping at home.
(d) Putting his affairs in order.
3. What mountain region does the train pass through?
(a) Grand Tetons.
(b) Rocky Mountains.
(c) Sierra Mountains.
(d) Grand Canyon.
4. Where does the ship Fogg is captaining make port?
(d) None of these.
5. What does Passepartout ask the Mormon man who attempts to jump on the train as it is departing?
(a) If his wife was chasing him.
(b) Why he would risk his safety.
(c) How many wives he has.
(d) How many wives he is running from.
Short Answer Questions
1. What way does Passepartout consider paying for his breakfast?
2. When does Fogg and his party arrive in New York?
3. Where does the train stop after the attack?
4. What is the Japanese currency Passepartout receives for his clothes?
5. Who is taken prisoner by the Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do Fogg's actions aboard the Henrietta cause? What is Fogg's solution?
2. What happens to Fogg as soon as he is back on British soil in Liverpool? How does he feel about this challenge?
3. When Fix sees Fogg and Aouda in San Francisco, he acts as though he has not seen them since Yokohama. Why? How does he resolve this issue?
4. What does Passepartout share with Fogg and Aouda about his experience in the tavern? How does Fogg respond to Passepartout's story?
5. How does Passepartout come to rejoin Fogg and Aouda?
6. How are Fogg, Aouda, Fix, Colonel Proctor, and Passepartout effected by the Sioux Indian attack on the train?
7. What does the culmination of the relationship between Aouda and Fogg represent?
8. In Chapter 26, how long does Fogg have to reach New York? Does Jules Verne give any hints to the reader that Fogg may not make his destination in time?
9. What do Fogg's friends at the Reform Club plan to do if he does not show up on time? What do they believe Fogg may do?
10. How does the relationship between Passepartout and Fix change in America?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)