|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Stamp Proctor interrupt?
(a) A conversation between Fix and Passepartout.
(b) A conversation between Fogg, Aouda, and Passepartout.
(c) A game of whist between Fogg, Aouda, and Passepartout.
(d) Fogg writing in his journal.
2. What ship does Fogg find that can take them to Liverpool?
(a) The Angelique.
(b) The Lady Bell.
(c) The Henrietta.
(d) The China Lady.
3. What does Passepartout do with the remaining money from his journey?
(a) He splits it between Passepartout and Fix.
(b) He splits it between Passepartout and Aouda.
(c) He gives it all to Passepartout.
(d) He gives it all to Aouda.
4. What time do Fogg's friends at the Reform Club start debating the situation?
(a) 8:40 p.m.
(b) 8:50 p.m.
(c) 8:45 p.m.
(d) 8:30 p.m.
5. How many miles from Liverpool does the ship start to run out of coal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What errand does Passepartout accomplish before boarding the train to cross America?
2. What does Passepartout not tell Fogg about his night in the tavern in Hong Kong?
3. What meridian did Fogg cross at the half way point?
4. Why does the train stop on the tracks?
5. What church does the Mormon elder belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Fogg's friends at the Reform Club plan to do if he does not show up on time? What do they believe Fogg may do?
2. What event disrupts both Fogg and Colonel Proctor's business and Fogg's journey? What happens as a result?
3. Fix tries hard to avoid Passepartout aboard the General Grant. Why? What happens when Fix does bump into Passepartout?
4. How is it possible Fogg and Passepartout arrived back in London with 24 hours to spare and neither of them knew it? Did Jules Verne give any indication this could happen?
5. What does the culmination of the relationship between Aouda and Fogg represent?
6. What way does Passepartout consider earning money for breakfast in Yokohama? What way does he decide to earn the money?
7. How are Fogg, Aouda, Fix, Colonel Proctor, and Passepartout effected by the Sioux Indian attack on the train?
8. Describe the rest of Fogg's journey across America in Chapter 31. Where do he and his traveling party go? What happens when they reach New York?
9. Much to the readers surprise, at the end of Chapter 36, Fogg enters the Reform Club salon, winning the wager. How was this possible?
10. How does the relationship between Passepartout and Fix change in America?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)