|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church does the Mormon elder belong to?
(a) The Church of Christ.
(b) None of these.
(c) The United Methodist Church.
(d) The Church of Latter Day Saints.
2. How much does Fogg pay for passage to Liverpool?
(a) Two thousand pounds per person.
(b) Two thousand dollars per person.
(c) Three thousand dollars per person.
(d) Three thousand pounds per person.
3. Where do Fogg's friends plan to cash his check the next morning?
(a) The Bank of England.
(c) The Royal Bank.
(d) The Currency Exchange.
4. How do Fogg and Colonel Stamp decide to handle their differences?
(a) With an argument.
(b) With a game of whist.
(c) With a fist fight.
(d) With a duel.
5. Who says: "It must be confessed that I cost my master dear!"
(a) None of these.
(b) A servant on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Fogg call for Passepartout once they are home?
2. Who was the punch during the riot intended for?
3. Where does Fogg meet up with the rest of his party after securing passage out of New York?
4. Who demands payment for damages from Passepartout and Fogg?
5. What does Fix say about the money Fogg is spending on his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fogg react when he is released from holding in Liverpool for the crime he did not commit? What happens when he is released?
2. What happens within the first twelve hours Fogg and his traveling party are on board the Henrietta? Why?
3. How does the relationship between Passepartout and Fix change in America?
4. How does Passepartout come to rejoin Fogg and Aouda?
5. What do we see happening to Fogg's character and appearances in Chapter 32? How has he changed throughout the book so far?
6. What event disrupts both Fogg and Colonel Proctor's business and Fogg's journey? What happens as a result?
7. How does Fogg react to the train passenger's disappearance? What does this say about the changes in his character?
8. Fogg does an extremely good job solving the travel obstacles throughout his journey. How does he solve the issue of missing the steamer in New York?
9. Why do Passepartout and Fix engage Fogg in a game of whist on the train in America?
10. What does Passepartout learn about polygamy, and how does he feel about Mormon women?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)