|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What way does Passepartout choose to get money for breakfast?
(a) He sells his European clothes and buys less expensive Japanese clothes.
(b) He places a wager on a game of whist.
(c) He asks for work in the tea house in exchange for his meal.
(d) He seeks help from the French consulate.
2. What time does Fogg go to speak with Aouda?
(a) 5:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
3. When the train does not stop as planned, where do Fogg and Colonel Proctor handle their business together?
(a) In the dining car.
(b) At the next stop.
(c) In the smoking car.
(d) In the last car.
4. What job does Passepartout take in Yokohama to try and earn money to find a way to America?
(a) An acrobat.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A servant.
(d) A cook.
5. Who says: "It must be confessed that I cost my master dear!"
(a) None of these.
(b) A servant on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Passepartout and Fix distract Fogg on the train?
2. Who says: "That we might have made the tour of the world in only seventy-eight days."
3. What interrupts Fogg and Colonel Proctor's attempt to handle their differences on the train across America?
4. How does Passepartout answer when asked if he and Detective Fix are friends?
5. Who demands payment for damages from Passepartout and Fogg?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 36, the story turns back to the streets of London. How do people now feel about Fogg and his journey? How is this different than when he left?
2. What happens to Fogg as soon as he is back on British soil in Liverpool? How does he feel about this challenge?
3. How does Fogg react when he is released from holding in Liverpool for the crime he did not commit? What happens when he is released?
4. Why is the train crossing America stopped a second time? What decision is made? What does this mean for Fogg?
5. What does Passepartout learn about polygamy, and how does he feel about Mormon women?
6. How does the relationship between Passepartout and Fix change in America?
7. What do Fogg's friends at the Reform Club plan to do if he does not show up on time? What do they believe Fogg may do?
8. How is it possible Fogg and Passepartout arrived back in London with 24 hours to spare and neither of them knew it? Did Jules Verne give any indication this could happen?
9. Fix tries hard to avoid Passepartout aboard the General Grant. Why? What happens when Fix does bump into Passepartout?
10. How does Fogg react to the train passenger's disappearance? What does this say about the changes in his character?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)