|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fogg do during the Mongolia's first stop?
(a) Stays on board to play games.
(b) Stays on board to read.
(c) Returns to his cabin to write in his journal.
(d) Returns to his cabin to plot their journey on the map.
2. Where does Detective Fix wait for Fogg's arrival on the ship the Mongolia?
(c) None of these.
3. What does Fix do with Passepartout?
(a) Has him arrested.
(b) Leaves him unconscious in the tavern.
(c) Has him carried back to the hotel.
(d) Has him carried back to the ship.
4. To what does Passepartout compare his new employer?
(a) Madame Tussand's wax museum figures.
(b) Mannequins in storefronts.
(c) A statue in the Queen's gardens.
(d) A statue in Madame Tussand's museum of history.
5. Where does Detective Fix spend most of the first part of the journey to Hong Kong?
(a) Hiding in the captain's quarters.
(b) Hiding in the ship's engine room.
(c) Hiding in his cabin.
(d) Hiding in the ship galley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fix give Passepartout to make him pass out?
2. What emotions does Passepartout feel for his mistake in the tavern?
3. Who stops Fogg and his party when disembarking at Calcutta?
4. How do Fogg and the other men attempt to rescue Aouda at first?
5. What are Fogg and Passepartout charged with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fogg react when he is told a typhoon is building in the China Sea? How does this speak to his character?
2. What does the British Consul talk to Fogg about before stamping his passport? Why?
3. What does Fogg discover over breakfast at the Reform Club, and how does this spark his journey?
4. What circumstance brings Phileas Fogg and Jean Passepartout together?
5. What ways do Fogg, Sir Francis, Passepartout, and their Parsee guide attempt to rescue Aouda? Who is able to successfully rescue her and why?
6. In Chapter 22, the reader discovers what has become of Passepartout. How does Passepartout make it back to the Carnatic? How does he feel about his experience?
7. Who is Sir Francis Cromarty, and how does he feel about Fogg?
8. What does Aouda discover about her cousin in Hong Kong? What does this mean for Fogg and his traveling party?
9. How does Fogg find passage out of Hong Kong? Where are they heading? What is significant about Fogg and Aouda leaving Hong Kong?
10. Why does Detective Fix assist Passepartout with his errands?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)