|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Detective Fix request from London to be waiting for him in Bombay?
(a) An arrest warrant.
(b) Another detective to help him.
(c) A list of charges against Fogg.
(d) Additional men to apprehend Fogg.
2. Who explains the circumstances of Aouda's rescue to her?
(a) Sir Francis.
(d) The Parsee guide.
3. What train station do Fogg and Passepartout go to in order to leave London?
(a) Charing Cross.
(b) The London Cross.
(c) Charing Station.
(d) The London Station.
4. Who spends time with Aouda each day?
(a) A wealthy Indian passenger.
(d) Detective Fix.
5. Where is the typhoon that the Tankadere is heading for brewing?
(a) In the China Sea.
(b) In the Atlantic Ocean.
(c) In the Red Sea.
(d) In the Pacific Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fogg say will not affect his journey or his wager?
2. What does the landlord recommend Fogg have for dinner at the train station in Bombay?
3. What option does the judge grant Fogg and Passepartout?
4. With whom does Passepartout meet outside the steamer offices in Singapore?
5. How early does the Mongolia arrive in Aden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Phileas Fogg and Jean Passepartout. How are the two different?
2. What does Aouda discover about her cousin in Hong Kong? What does this mean for Fogg and his traveling party?
3. What does the British Consul talk to Fogg about before stamping his passport? Why?
4. What does Fogg discover over breakfast at the Reform Club, and how does this spark his journey?
5. Why does Fix repeatedly hope for Fogg's journey to be delayed? How does he attempt to delay them?
6. What does Detective Fix divulge to Passepartout in the tavern? What does he do to Passepartout? Why?
7. How does Fogg react when he is told a typhoon is building in the China Sea? How does this speak to his character?
8. Why does Detective Fix assist Passepartout with his errands?
9. How does Fogg find passage out of Hong Kong? Where are they heading? What is significant about Fogg and Aouda leaving Hong Kong?
10. What circumstance brings Phileas Fogg and Jean Passepartout together?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)