|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change in destination does the Captain recommend upon leaving Hong Kong?
(a) Traveling to Shanghai.
(b) Traveling to Tokyo.
(c) Traveling to Yokohama.
(d) Traveling to Okinawa.
2. What is the name of the steamer leaving for Hong Kong?
(a) The Rangoon.
(b) The Mongolia.
(c) The Bombay Dream.
(d) The Hong Kong Queen.
3. From what direction is the typhoon approaching?
4. What option does the judge grant Fogg and Passepartout?
(a) Passepartout must serve time, but Fogg can post bond and leave.
(b) Reduced jail time.
(c) Reduced fines.
(d) To post bond and leave.
5. Where does Aouda find out her cousin has gone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does Aouda have?
2. Where does Passepartout consider seeking help when he first arrives in Yokohama?
3. What direction is the Tankadere traveling?
4. Who suggests Fogg, Sir Francis, and Passepartout rescue the young Indian woman?
5. How much is wagered against Fogg being able to travel the world in 80 days?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fogg react to Aouda's growing affections toward him? Why?
2. What mix of emotions does Passepartout experience when he reaches Yokohama?
3. Fix has boarded the Rangoon along with Fogg and his party. Why does Fix seek out Passepartout on board, and how does Passepartout react? Why?
4. What ways do Fogg, Sir Francis, Passepartout, and their Parsee guide attempt to rescue Aouda? Who is able to successfully rescue her and why?
5. How does Fix respond to Fogg's kindness aboard the Tankadere? What is Fogg's response? Based on what you know of each character, are their responses a surprise?
6. How does Fogg react when he is told a typhoon is building in the China Sea? How does this speak to his character?
7. Why are Fogg and his traveling party stopped in Calcutta by a policeman? How does Fogg handle the situation? What doesn't the party know about this misfortune?
8. What circumstance brings Phileas Fogg and Jean Passepartout together?
9. What reactions does Fogg's journey spark in people around London?
10. What emotions are developing between Aouda and Fogg? How does each of them react?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)