|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to go below on the Tankadere?
(a) Passepartout and Fix.
(b) Aouda and Fogg.
(c) Fix and Fogg.
(d) Aouda and Passepartout.
2. What does Detective Fix decide he will do with Passepartout in Singapore?
(a) Hold him hostage to force Fogg to surrender.
(b) Take him into his confidence.
(c) Have him arrested again.
(d) Send him back to London.
3. What historical sites does the Mongolia pass on its way to Aden?
(a) Sites of the Arabian Peninsula.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Sites of the Red Sea.
4. What do Aouda and Fogg do in Singapore?
(a) Take a carriage ride.
(b) Walk the streets.
(c) Relax on the beach.
(d) See a show.
5. How do Fogg and the other men attempt to rescue Aouda at first?
(a) They let the elephant loose in their temple.
(b) They make sounds in the woods to draw the guards away.
(c) They wait for the guards to fall asleep.
(d) They charge the guards and take Aouda.
Short Answer Questions
1. How early does the Mongolia arrive in Aden?
2. Who spends time with Aouda each day?
3. Who expresses his doubts about Fogg being the right suspect?
4. From what direction is the typhoon approaching?
5. Where does Aouda find out her cousin has gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Passepartout begin to suspect Fix represents? Why?
2. What scene do Fogg, Passepartout, and Sir Francis come upon in the jungle? Why is it significant?
3. What mix of emotions does Passepartout experience when he reaches Yokohama?
4. What does Aouda discover about her cousin in Hong Kong? What does this mean for Fogg and his traveling party?
5. What reactions does Fogg's journey spark in people around London?
6. How do Fogg and Fix react to one another on the docks when they find out the Carnatic has already sailed?
7. How does Fogg find passage out of Hong Kong? Where are they heading? What is significant about Fogg and Aouda leaving Hong Kong?
8. Fix has boarded the Rangoon along with Fogg and his party. Why does Fix seek out Passepartout on board, and how does Passepartout react? Why?
9. Who is Sir Francis Cromarty, and how does he feel about Fogg?
10. What does the British Consul talk to Fogg about before stamping his passport? Why?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)