|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fogg visit the Hong Kong Police Station and the French Consulate?
(a) None of these.
(b) To leave a description of Passepartout.
(c) To report Passepartout has run off with his money.
(d) To report Passepartout has been taken hostage.
2. What does Fix give Passepartout to make him pass out?
(b) More wine.
3. What do Fogg and Aouda discover the morning they go to the dock to board the Carnatic?
(a) The boiler is still broken.
(b) It has already left.
(c) Passepartout has disappeared.
(d) Fix will not allow them to leave.
4. Where does the traveling party stay in Hong Kong?
(a) None of these.
(b) The Club Hotel.
(c) The Princess Hotel.
(d) The Hong Kong Hotel.
5. What does Fogg do during the Mongolia's first stop?
(a) Stays on board to read.
(b) Returns to his cabin to write in his journal.
(c) Returns to his cabin to plot their journey on the map.
(d) Stays on board to play games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Detective Fix tell Passepartout in the tavern?
2. Who stops Fogg and his party when disembarking at Calcutta?
3. What does Passepartout fail to remove when entering the Indian temple?
4. What does Detective Fix ask the British Consul?
5. What judge does Fogg and his party appear before to hear the charges against them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scene do Fogg, Passepartout, and Sir Francis come upon in the jungle? Why is it significant?
2. Why are Fogg and his traveling party stopped in Calcutta by a policeman? How does Fogg handle the situation? What doesn't the party know about this misfortune?
3. Why is Passepartout surprised when Fogg returns home early from the Reform Club the night they leave London? Hoiw does he react to Fogg's announcement?
4. What does Passepartout learn when he goes to purchase tickets for the Carnatic? What happens to Passepartout, and how does this impact the journey?
5. What does the British Consul talk to Fogg about before stamping his passport? Why?
6. After all the excitement of rescuing Aouda, Fogg and his party are still able to able to arrive in Calcutta on time. How does Fogg feel about the progress they are making? Why is that significant?
7. What happens to Passepartout when he enters the Bombay temple? Why?
8. In Chapter 22, the reader discovers what has become of Passepartout. How does Passepartout make it back to the Carnatic? How does he feel about his experience?
9. What reactions does Fogg's journey spark in people around London?
10. Who does Passepartout begin to suspect Fix represents? Why?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)