|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the landlord recommend Fogg have for dinner at the train station in Bombay?
2. What is the name of the city Fogg and his traveling party are traveling to from Hong Kong?
(c) None of these.
3. Who stops Fogg and his party when disembarking at Calcutta?
(a) An English Consul.
(b) Detective Fix.
(c) An English general.
(d) A local policeman.
4. Where does the ship dock on the way to Hong Kong?
(c) None of these.
5. From what direction is the typhoon approaching?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pretends to be the dead rajah in order to successfully rescue Aouda?
2. What is the name of the steamer leaving for Hong Kong?
3. When does Phileas Fogg first meet Jean Passepartout?
4. How much earlier does Fix arrive in Calcutta than Fogg?
5. How much money does Fogg give Passepartout to cover their expenses on their journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Passepartout's aggravation with delays in his master's journey have continued to build throughout the story. How does Passepartout react on the Rangoon, and how are his reactions different than Fogg's? Why is this significant?
2. What does Fogg discover over breakfast at the Reform Club, and how does this spark his journey?
3. Why is Passepartout surprised when Fogg returns home early from the Reform Club the night they leave London? Hoiw does he react to Fogg's announcement?
4. What emotions are developing between Aouda and Fogg? How does each of them react?
5. What scene do Fogg, Passepartout, and Sir Francis come upon in the jungle? Why is it significant?
6. What ways do Fogg, Sir Francis, Passepartout, and their Parsee guide attempt to rescue Aouda? Who is able to successfully rescue her and why?
7. In Suez, Detective Fix and the British Consul disagree about something. What do they disagree about and why?
8. Who does Passepartout begin to suspect Fix represents? Why?
9. What mix of emotions does Passepartout experience when he reaches Yokohama?
10. How do Fogg and Fix react to one another on the docks when they find out the Carnatic has already sailed?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)