|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Passepartout answer when asked if he and Detective Fix are friends?
(a) "Of course."
(b) "We will never be friends."
(c) "Friends? No, but allies perhaps."
(d) "Friends? Never."
2. Why do Fix and Passepartout agree to be civil?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) For Aouda's benefit.
(c) Both of these.
(d) For Fogg's benefit.
3. Who demands payment for damages from Passepartout and Fogg?
(a) Captain Bunsby.
(c) None of these.
(d) Detective Fix.
4. What does Passepartout ask the Mormon man who attempts to jump on the train as it is departing?
(a) Why he would risk his safety.
(b) How many wives he is running from.
(c) How many wives he has.
(d) If his wife was chasing him.
5. Who says: "That we might have made the tour of the world in only seventy-eight days."
6. What is the name of the steamer traveling to Liverpool?
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) The China.
(c) The Queen Mary.
(d) The China Doll.
7. When did Fogg make it half way around the world?
(a) Day 51.
(b) Day 53.
(c) Day 54.
(d) Day 52.
8. Who says: "It must be confessed that I cost my master dear!"
(b) None of these.
(d) A servant on the train.
9. Where does Fogg meet up with the rest of his party after securing passage out of New York?
(a) The street.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The ship.
(d) The docks.
10. How does Fogg and his party get to London?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By hot air balloon.
(d) By horse.
11. How has the public opinion of Phileas Fogg changed since the real bank robber was arrested?
(a) All of these.
(b) People see him as eccentric.
(c) People look on him favorably.
(d) People wonder about his progress.
12. In what city does the train stop when in Utah?
(d) Salt Lake City.
13. How much does Fogg offer the previous captain for his ship?
(a) Seventy thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Forty thousand dollars.
(d) Sixty thousand dollars.
14. When the train does not stop as planned, where do Fogg and Colonel Proctor handle their business together?
(a) In the dining car.
(b) In the last car.
(c) In the smoking car.
(d) At the next stop.
15. What meridian did Fogg cross at the half way point?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aouda ask Fogg after learning he has not won the wager at his home in London?
2. Who goes to see why the train has stopped a second time?
3. Who must be restrained when Fogg is arrested?
4. What errand do Fogg and Aouda accomplish before boarding the train to cross America?
5. Who gets punched during the political riot?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)