|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the ship Fogg is captaining make port?
(d) None of these.
2. What is the Japanese currency Passepartout receives for his clothes?
3. What is the Henrietta's captain's name?
4. What does Fogg get from his journey around the world?
(a) All of these.
(b) The victory of his journey.
(c) A lovely woman.
(d) Winning his wager.
5. Who does Passepartout thrash on deck of the steamer?
(a) Detective Fix.
(b) Captain Bunsby.
(c) Another passenger.
(d) Phileas Fogg.
6. How many people have wagered against Fogg at the Reform Club?
7. What errand does Fogg send Passepartout on after speaking with Aouda?
(a) To secure a minister.
(b) To make dinner reservations.
(c) To secure the justice of the peace.
(d) To find a suitable church.
8. What does Detective Fix say to Fogg once they are on British soil?
(a) Both of these.
(b) "I arrest you in the Queen's name!"
(c) Neither of these.
(d) He asks him if he is Phileas Fogg.
9. What does Passepartout ask the Mormon man who attempts to jump on the train as it is departing?
(a) Why he would risk his safety.
(b) How many wives he is running from.
(c) How many wives he has.
(d) If his wife was chasing him.
10. What errand does Passepartout accomplish before boarding the train to cross America?
(a) Purchasing new clothes.
(b) Purchasing guns for self defense.
(c) Booking passage on the train.
(d) Following Detective Fix.
11. How does Fogg and his party get to London?
(a) By train.
(b) By hot air balloon.
(c) By horse.
(d) By car.
12. What time does Fogg arrive in London?
(a) Ten minutes to nine.
(b) Fifteen minutes to nine.
(c) Fifteen minutes to ten.
(d) Ten minutes to ten.
13. What does Fogg say to his friends at the Reform Club?
(a) I have arrived!
(b) Here I am, friends!
(c) Eighty days!
(d) Here I am, gentlemen!
14. To what street do Fogg, Aouda, and Fix walk after leaving the hotel?
(a) Mortimer Street.
(b) Mahogany Street.
(c) Montgomery Street.
(d) Main Street.
15. What meridian did Fogg cross at the half way point?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Fogg and his party arrive in America?
2. What errand do Fogg and Aouda accomplish before boarding the train to cross America?
3. Who goes to see why the train has stopped a second time?
4. Who does Aouda see among the other passengers on the train?
5. How many hours does the train leave behind schedule?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)