|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does a local man offer to let Fogg and his party use to leave the Fort they are stranded at after the attack on the train in America?
(a) A train car.
(b) A model T.
(c) A sled.
(d) A sledge.
2. Who disappears when the train comes to a complete stop?
3. After taking the man's vehicle, where do Fogg and his party take the next train?
(c) St. Louis.
4. How does Fogg take the post as captain?
(a) He throws the captain overboard.
(b) He threatens to kill the crew if they don't help him.
(c) He pays off the crew.
(d) He fights the captain.
5. Where does the ship Fogg is captaining make port?
(c) None of these.
6. What is the Japanese currency Passepartout receives for his clothes?
7. What time does Fogg arrive in London?
(a) Fifteen minutes to ten.
(b) Ten minutes to ten.
(c) Ten minutes to nine.
(d) Fifteen minutes to nine.
8. How do Fogg and Colonel Stamp decide to handle their differences?
(a) With an argument.
(b) With a fist fight.
(c) With a game of whist.
(d) With a duel.
9. How much does Fogg offer the previous captain for his ship?
(a) Seventy thousand dollars.
(b) Forty thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) Sixty thousand dollars.
10. Where do Fogg's friends plan to cash his check the next morning?
(b) The Bank of England.
(c) The Currency Exchange.
(d) The Royal Bank.
11. What choice is made regarding the route the train should take?
(a) To charge ahead.
(b) To leave part of the cars, then go back and seek an alternate route.
(c) To remove part of the cars and push forward.
(d) To go back and find an alternate route.
12. What way does Passepartout consider paying for his breakfast?
(a) Doing chores.
13. Who demands payment for damages from Passepartout and Fogg?
(a) Detective Fix.
(b) None of these.
(d) Captain Bunsby.
14. When does Fogg call for Passepartout once they are home?
(a) During the night.
(b) The next morning.
(c) The next night.
(d) The next afternoon.
15. What does Fogg say to his friends at the Reform Club?
(a) Here I am, friends!
(b) Here I am, gentlemen!
(c) I have arrived!
(d) Eighty days!
Short Answer Questions
1. What errand do Fogg and Aouda accomplish before boarding the train to cross America?
2. How has the public opinion of Phileas Fogg changed since the real bank robber was arrested?
3. Why do Fix and Passepartout agree to be civil?
4. How does Fogg and his party get to London?
5. What is the name of the American steamer Fogg, Aouda, and Passepartout board in Chapter 24?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)