|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the ship dock on the way to Hong Kong?
(b) None of these.
2. What does Fix offer Fogg after Fogg shows Fix kindness aboard the Tankadere?
(a) The truth about his purpose there.
(b) His help in answering the charges against Fogg.
(c) To pay for his passage.
(d) His help in finding a suitable home for Aouda.
3. How long will it take the steamer to reach Hong Kong?
(a) Twelve to fifteen days.
(b) Ten to twelve days.
(c) Seven to nine days.
(d) Eight to ten days.
4. What does the Parsee guide tell Fogg, Passepartout, and Sir Francis about Aouda?
(a) She is the daughter of a wealthy merchant from Bombay.
(b) She has attempted to escape several times.
(c) She is a celebrated beauty with the appearance and manners of a European.
(d) All of these.
5. What does Fix give Passepartout to make him pass out?
(d) More wine.
6. From whom does Detective Fix decide to get more information?
(a) The British Consul.
(b) Phileas Fogg.
(c) The bank manager.
(d) Jean Passepartout.
7. Where does Detective Fix spend most of the first part of the journey to Hong Kong?
(a) Hiding in his cabin.
(b) Hiding in the ship galley.
(c) Hiding in the captain's quarters.
(d) Hiding in the ship's engine room.
8. Why does Fogg visit the Hong Kong Police Station and the French Consulate?
(a) None of these.
(b) To report Passepartout has run off with his money.
(c) To report Passepartout has been taken hostage.
(d) To leave a description of Passepartout.
9. What does Fogg offer the Parsee guide for his bravery in helping rescue Aouda?
(a) To join their journey.
(b) New clothes.
(c) Additional money.
(d) Kiouni, the elephant.
10. What does Detective Fix tell Passepartout in the tavern?
(a) He is a British detective.
(b) He is following Fogg because he believes he is guilty.
(c) All of these.
(d) Fogg is the main suspect in the bank robbery.
11. What option does the judge grant Fogg and Passepartout?
(a) Reduced fines.
(b) To post bond and leave.
(c) Reduced jail time.
(d) Passepartout must serve time, but Fogg can post bond and leave.
12. What time does Fogg return home from the Reform club on the night he and Passepartout leave?
(a) 8:30 p.m.
(b) 7:25 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 6:35 p.m.
13. What does Detective Fix do when he finds the warrant has not arrived from London?
(a) He goes to the train station to follow Fogg.
(b) He returns to the police station to have a warrant issued locally against Passepartout.
(c) All of these.
(d) He attempts to have the Bombay Police Commissioner issue a warrant.
14. What is the name of the Aouda's cousin that she plans to stay with in Hong Kong?
15. Who does Passepartout meet with regularly to share a drink and discuss the voyage?
(a) Phileas Fogg.
(b) The British Consul.
(c) Detective Fix.
(d) Another male servant he met on board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city Fogg and his traveling party are traveling to from Hong Kong?
2. Where does Phileas Fogg live?
3. What happens on the voyage from Singapore to Hong Kong?
4. Where does the traveling party stay in Hong Kong?
5. Where does Detective Fix wait for Fogg's arrival on the ship the Mongolia?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)