|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests Fogg, Sir Francis, and Passepartout rescue the young Indian woman?
(c) Sir Francis.
(d) A Parsee guide.
2. What does Fix offer Fogg after Fogg shows Fix kindness aboard the Tankadere?
(a) His help in finding a suitable home for Aouda.
(b) His help in answering the charges against Fogg.
(c) To pay for his passage.
(d) The truth about his purpose there.
3. How many sails are left up on the Tankadere to catch the wind?
4. Who pretends to be the dead rajah in order to successfully rescue Aouda?
(c) A Parsee guide.
(d) Sir Francis.
5. What date does Passepartout arrive in Yokohama?
(a) November 13th.
(b) November 12th.
(c) November 14th.
(d) November 15th.
6. With whom does Passepartout meet outside the steamer offices in Singapore?
(c) Detective Fix.
(d) Sir Francis.
7. Who does Passepartout meet with regularly to share a drink and discuss the voyage?
(a) Detective Fix.
(b) Another male servant he met on board.
(c) Phileas Fogg.
(d) The British Consul.
8. Who remains oblivious of Detective Fix through the most of the journey, including their stop in Singapore?
9. What emotions does Passepartout feel for his mistake in the tavern?
(d) All of these.
10. What does Fogg do during the Mongolia's first stop?
(a) Stays on board to play games.
(b) Stays on board to read.
(c) Returns to his cabin to write in his journal.
(d) Returns to his cabin to plot their journey on the map.
11. What is the name of the Captain's ship Fogg and his party take from Hong Kong?
(a) The Tankadere.
(b) The Steamer.
(c) The Chinese Flower.
(d) The Island Princess.
12. When must Fogg be back in order to win the wager?
(a) December 21, at 8:45 p.m.
(b) December 21, at 8:45 a.m.
(c) December 22, at 8:45 p.m.
(d) December 22, at 8:45 a.m.
13. How early does the Mongolia arrive in Aden?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 15 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
14. Who makes the following statement: "In the way this strange gentleman was going on, he would leave the world without having done any good to himself or anybody else."
(a) Sir Francis Cromarty.
(b) Detective Fix.
(c) The train station landlord.
15. What does Fogg say will not affect his journey or his wager?
(a) The Indian Railway company.
(b) Passepartout's possible arrest and punishment.
(c) The weather.
(d) Detective Fix.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the traveling party stay in Hong Kong?
2. Who stops Fogg and his party when disembarking at Calcutta?
3. For what job does Fogg hire Passepartout?
4. What do Aouda and Fogg do in Singapore?
5. What does Passepartout say in response to Fix's accusations?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)