|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sails are left up on the Tankadere to catch the wind?
2. To what station do Fogg and Passepartout still arrive at on time after rescuing Aouda?
(a) Benares station.
(b) Calcutta station.
(c) Allahabad station.
(d) Calcutta Crossing.
3. When does Phileas Fogg first meet Jean Passepartout?
(a) October, 1873.
(b) November, 1873.
(c) October, 1872.
(d) November, 1871.
4. What historical sites does the Mongolia pass on its way to Aden?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Sites of the Arabian Peninsula.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Sites of the Red Sea.
5. What is a "berth"?
(a) The size of the steam ship.
(b) A cabin on the steam ship.
(c) The hull of a steam ship.
(d) The cargo area of a steam ship.
6. Where does the ship dock on the way to Hong Kong?
(d) None of these.
7. What does Detective Fix decide he will do with Passepartout in Singapore?
(a) Have him arrested again.
(b) Hold him hostage to force Fogg to surrender.
(c) Take him into his confidence.
(d) Send him back to London.
8. What ship has been delayed by boiler repairs?
(a) The Rangoon.
(b) The Hong Kong Queen.
(c) The Calcutta Queen.
(d) The Carnatic.
9. For what job does Fogg hire Passepartout?
(a) None of these.
(b) To be his gardener.
(c) To be his servant.
(d) To be his business manager.
10. What color eyes does Aouda have?
11. What story does Passepartout share with Fix?
(a) How they purchased the elephant.
(b) How they traveled to Calcutta.
(c) How Aouda came to join their party.
(d) How they left the jail in Bombay.
12. What emotions does Passepartout feel for his mistake in the tavern?
(d) All of these.
13. How many miles do Fogg and Passepartout need to travel after the train to Calcutta stops?
(a) 35 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
14. What time does Fogg return home from the Reform club on the night he and Passepartout leave?
(a) 7:25 p.m.
(b) 8:30 p.m.
(c) 6:35 p.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
15. What is the name of the Aouda's cousin that she plans to stay with in Hong Kong?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests Fogg, Sir Francis, and Passepartout rescue the young Indian woman?
2. What does Detective Fix request from London to be waiting for him in Bombay?
3. What does Fogg offer the Parsee guide for his bravery in helping rescue Aouda?
4. What game does Fogg enjoy playing at the Reform Club?
5. Who does Passepartout meet with regularly to share a drink and discuss the voyage?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)