|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where must Fogg be within the time limit in order to win the wager?
(a) The front door of the Reform Club.
(b) His home.
(c) Anywhere within the city of London.
(d) In the same room where the wager was placed in the Reform Club.
2. Why does Detective Fix issue a warrant for Fogg's arrest?
(a) Fogg is wanted for murder.
(b) He believes Fogg has taken his servant hostage.
(c) The Club members accuse Fogg of robbing the bank.
(d) He believes Fogg is the bank robber.
3. What does Passepartourt arrive in Yokohama without?
(d) All of these.
4. What does Fix offer Fogg after Fogg shows Fix kindness aboard the Tankadere?
(a) His help in finding a suitable home for Aouda.
(b) His help in answering the charges against Fogg.
(c) To pay for his passage.
(d) The truth about his purpose there.
5. To what does Passepartout compare his new employer?
(a) Madame Tussand's wax museum figures.
(b) A statue in the Queen's gardens.
(c) Mannequins in storefronts.
(d) A statue in Madame Tussand's museum of history.
6. Where does Detective Fix spend most of the first part of the journey to Hong Kong?
(a) Hiding in the captain's quarters.
(b) Hiding in the ship galley.
(c) Hiding in his cabin.
(d) Hiding in the ship's engine room.
7. What does Detective Fix request from London to be waiting for him in Bombay?
(a) Additional men to apprehend Fogg.
(b) An arrest warrant.
(c) Another detective to help him.
(d) A list of charges against Fogg.
8. How much is wagered against Fogg being able to travel the world in 80 days?
(a) 20,000 pounds.
(b) 3,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) 2,000 pounds.
9. How do Fogg and the other men attempt to rescue Aouda at first?
(a) They wait for the guards to fall asleep.
(b) They make sounds in the woods to draw the guards away.
(c) They let the elephant loose in their temple.
(d) They charge the guards and take Aouda.
10. What does Passepartout fail to remove when entering the Indian temple?
(a) His hat.
(b) His shoes.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
11. What do Aouda and Fogg do in Singapore?
(a) Take a carriage ride.
(b) Walk the streets.
(c) See a show.
(d) Relax on the beach.
12. What is the only establishment of which Fogg is a member?
(a) The Exchequer.
(b) The Reform Club of London.
(c) The Scientific Community.
(d) The Queen's Bench.
13. Who becomes upset about the delays in the travelers' journey?
(a) Detective Fix.
14. What emotions does Passepartout feel for his mistake in the tavern?
(c) All of these.
15. Who explains the circumstances of Aouda's rescue to her?
(a) Sir Francis.
(d) The Parsee guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Passepartout wake up after passing out in the tavern with Fix?
2. To what station do Fogg and Passepartout still arrive at on time after rescuing Aouda?
3. Who expresses his doubts about Fogg being the right suspect?
4. What does Detective Fix decide he will do with Passepartout in Singapore?
5. Who remains oblivious of Detective Fix through the most of the journey, including their stop in Singapore?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)