|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Fogg and Passepartout charged with?
(a) Fogg's robbery of the bank.
(b) Passepartout's transgression in the Bombay temple.
(c) The men's kidnapping of Aouda.
(d) Stealing Kiouni the elephant.
2. How do Fogg and the other men attempt to rescue Aouda at first?
(a) They let the elephant loose in their temple.
(b) They make sounds in the woods to draw the guards away.
(c) They charge the guards and take Aouda.
(d) They wait for the guards to fall asleep.
3. What do Aouda and Fogg do in Singapore?
(a) Walk the streets.
(b) Take a carriage ride.
(c) Relax on the beach.
(d) See a show.
4. Who assists Passepartout in running errands before the Mongolia leaves port?
(a) No one.
(b) The Consulate's employees.
(c) Detective Fix.
(d) The Mongolia's servant.
5. For what job does Fogg hire Passepartout?
(a) To be his servant.
(b) To be his business manager.
(c) None of these.
(d) To be his gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change in destination does the Captain recommend upon leaving Hong Kong?
2. What does Fogg say will not affect his journey or his wager?
3. What nationality is Jean Passepartout?
4. Why does Detective Fix issue a warrant for Fogg's arrest?
5. What historical sites does the Mongolia pass on its way to Aden?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)