|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is exhaled each time resistance is experienced?
2. What is essential to use when one begins performing any type of bodybuilding training?
3. In California, what type of lessons does Arnold take to improve his posing?
4. The amount of weight in a training program is not as important as is what other element?
5. On what day in your weight training program can you correct weak points in your physique, according to Arnold?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter One, what are improvements to the body gained by weight resistance training?
2. What two purposes are served by chin-ups behind the neck and rowing with the bar?
3. What are four of the basic ten progressive resistance weight training exercises?
4. In weightlifting, what process takes forty-eight hours to accomplish?
5. What is the outcome of the Mr. World contest?
6. In Part Two, Chapter Four, what are two key factors that lead to winning bodybuilding competitions?
7. What are two activities that you should perform prior to a weightlifting workout?
8. What muscle groups are worked on Mondays and Thursdays in a weight training program?
9. In Part Two, Chapter Two, describe two characteristics of freehand exercises.
10. In what two contests does Arnold compete in one night in New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss two or three things that you personally have learned as a result of reading this book and the class and homework learning experiences.
Explain the importance of what you learned in each case, and why your new knowledge might make you a different or better person as you grow older.
Essay Topic 2
Arnold's parents clearly do not understand his choice of bodybuilding as a vocation and express disapproval in various ways.
Discuss the reasons why Arnold's father limits his time at the gym instead of forbidding Arnold to go to the gym at all.
Do you think that Arnold's decision to build a gym at home is a compromise? What do you think it is about his relationship with his father that caused his father not to prohibit gym attendance entirely, and why is Arnold willing to compromise by building the home gym?
Essay Topic 3
Arnold meets Franco Columbu during a weight lifting contest in Munich, and is impressed with his strength. They begin working out together.
Arnold and Franco are an unlikely pair physically. What traits of Franco's inspire Arnold? For what reasons does Arnold decide to make Franco his training partner? From Arnold's remarks and pictures in the books, was this a productive relationship for both?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)