|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an ideal time at which to work out?
(b) There is no ideal time.
2. How many sets and repetitions should you perform when starting weight training?
(a) Three sets of 7-9 repetitions.
(b) Two sets of 8-10 repetitions.
(c) Three sets of 8-10 repetitions.
(d) Two sets of 7-9 repetitions.
3. What body part muscle groups do you work on with weight training on Mondays in Schwarzenegger's plan?
(a) Legs, chest, abdomen.
(b) Legs, chest and back.
(c) Abdomen, back and legs.
(d) Back, legs, and chest.
4. How much weight should you use when working out with weights?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) Enough to make the exercise challenging.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) 12 pounds.
5. How can limitations in body type be overcome with respect to bodybuilding?
(a) More intense training.
(b) The power of the mind.
(c) New equipment.
(d) The right vitamins.
6. After how many months of freehand exercise can you safely enter a weight training gym?
(a) One to three months.
(b) One to four months.
(c) Two to three months.
(d) Two to six months.
7. On what days in Schwarzenegger's plan do we focus on the back, chest, and shoulders?
(a) Monday and Wednesday.
(b) Tuesday and Thursday.
(c) Tuesday and Friday.
(d) Sunday and Wednesday.
8. What type of exercises do not require gym equipment?
(b) Freehand exercises.
(c) Strengthening exercises.
(d) Floor exercises.
9. What is the worst mistake an individual can make with regard to progressive resistance weight training?
(a) To use the wrong size weights.
(b) To alternate weights on different days.
(c) To use old weights.
(d) To do too much too quickly.
10. From what foods do the highest quality proteins originate?
(a) Breads and cereals.
(c) Eggs, meat, dairy, fish, and poultry.
11. What is essential to use when one begins performing any type of bodybuilding training?
(b) The body.
(d) The mind.
12. How much of a rest period should you have between sets in weight training?
(a) Fifteen seconds.
(b) One minute.
(c) Ten seconds.
(d) 30 seconds.
13. What term represents the experience of feeling blood rushing into the pectoral muscles?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The flow.
(c) The pump.
(d) The rush.
14. How does Arnold manage to maintain his relationship with Weider?
(a) By doing everything Weider says.
(b) By separating business and friendship.
(c) By not maintaining a business relationship with him.
(d) By paying Weider back for the car.
15. During accelerated training, what must the bodybuilder do after exercising the back?
(a) Stretch and flex to avoid stiffness.
(b) Get a massage.
(c) Take a muscle relaxant.
(d) Take a hot shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is weight training used in other sports addition to the sport of bodybuilding?
2. To what problem can sport-specific training lead?
3. What exercise is performed on a bench with a padded lever bar at one end?
4. If you sit for two minutes between each accelerated training set, what happens?
5. What creates muscle awareness during weight training?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)