|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before a full meal should one exercise?
(a) Two hours before a full meal.
(b) One hour before a full meal.
(c) 30 minutes before a full meal.
(d) One should not exercise before a full meal.
2. In addition to a warm, kind-hearted friend, what other personality trait does Joe Wider display?
(a) A shrewd businessman.
(b) An angry competitor.
(c) A mild-mannered worker.
(d) A salesman.
3. How does Arnold manage to maintain his relationship with Weider?
(a) By not maintaining a business relationship with him.
(b) By paying Weider back for the car.
(c) By doing everything Weider says.
(d) By separating business and friendship.
4. What does Arnold provide Joe Weider in exchange for a car, apartment, and weekly salary?
(a) A new gym.
(b) A ticket home.
(c) His training methods and the rights to use Arnold's photographs in his magazine.
(d) New poses.
5. In weight training, what exercise helps you develop a great back?
(a) Press behind neck.
(b) Lateral raises.
(c) Rowing with bar.
(d) Chin-ups behind the neck.
6. How many seconds of rest should you have between each accelerated training exercise set?
7. What is one freehand exercise performed to condition the abdominal?
(b) Bent-leg sit-ups.
(d) Lateral raises.
8. What is one important factor that should be considered when choosing a gym for progressive resistance weight training?
(a) The availability of trainers.
(b) The availability of heavy-duty equipment and proper ventilation.
(c) The number of members.
(d) The location.
9. Where does Arnold work out when he settles in California?
(a) The YMCA.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) The YWCA.
(d) Gold's Gym.
10. In what type of sequence are accelerated exercises designed to be followed?
(a) A physical sequence.
(b) A patterned sequence.
(c) A natural sequence.
(d) A strength training sequence.
11. What place does Arnold take at the 1970 Mr. Olympia contest?
12. The amount of weight in a training program is not as important as is what other element?
13. What freehand exercise requires a chinning bar?
(b) Close-Grip Biceps Chin.
14. What is the worst mistake an individual can make with regard to progressive resistance weight training?
(a) To alternate weights on different days.
(b) To use old weights.
(c) To use the wrong size weights.
(d) To do too much too quickly.
15. What type of squats are recommended during weight training?
(a) Squats with greater weights, and partials, three quarters of the way down.
(b) Full squats with no weights.
(c) Squats with fewer weights, three quarters of the way down.
(d) Full squats with greater weights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of attitude is critical to success in bodybuilding?
2. From what foods do the highest quality proteins originate?
3. In addition to the arms, triceps, biceps, and waist, what other two areas does the Wednesday and Saturday accelerated program target?
4. What should the novice bodybuilder analyze when beginning bodybuilding training?
5. What is the only exercise method that develops the body in an even, uniform manner?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)