|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can limitations in body type be overcome with respect to bodybuilding?
(a) New equipment.
(b) The right vitamins.
(c) The power of the mind.
(d) More intense training.
2. In what year does Arnold fall in love with Barbara?
3. What additional career is Arnold pursuing in the early 1970's?
4. What term represents the experience of feeling blood rushing into the pectoral muscles?
(a) The pump.
(b) The rush.
(c) The flow.
(d) The bridge.
5. If you sit for two minutes between each accelerated training set, what happens?
(a) You lose your motivation.
(b) Blood circulation increases and muscle growth occurs.
(c) Blood circulation diminishes and muscle growth does not occur.
(d) Muscle growth occurs.
6. In a freehand exercise routine, what can provide resistance in addition to free weights?
(a) Extra weights.
(b) An individual's own weight.
(c) The weight of the equipment.
(d) Expensive weights.
7. What helps you keep from becoming muscle bound?
(c) Working out more.
(d) Swimming after your weight workout.
8. What are two exercises to build the calves in accelerated training?
(a) Leg raises and lunges.
(b) Standing calf raises and sitting calf raises.
(c) Lunges and sitting calf raises.
(d) Leg raises and twists.
9. What should the novice bodybuilder analyze when beginning bodybuilding training?
(a) The equipment.
(b) The gym.
(c) His or her muscle development objectives.
(d) A vitamin regimen.
10. What preparation should you do before you begin a progressive resistance workout?
(a) Check your equipment.
(b) A warm-up using light weights and fewer repetitions.
(c) Eat a good meal.
(d) A warm-up using heavy weights and fewer repetitions.
11. What exercise with weights develops the chest muscles?
(a) Bench press.
(b) Dorsal stretch.
(c) Lateral raise.
12. In addition to the arms, triceps, biceps, and waist, what other two areas does the Wednesday and Saturday accelerated program target?
(a) Forearms and back.
(b) Calves and forearms.
(c) Calves and back.
(d) Back and legs.
13. During accelerated training, what must the bodybuilder do after exercising the back?
(a) Take a muscle relaxant.
(b) Get a massage.
(c) Take a hot shower.
(d) Stretch and flex to avoid stiffness.
14. In addition to a warm, kind-hearted friend, what other personality trait does Joe Wider display?
(a) A mild-mannered worker.
(b) A shrewd businessman.
(c) An angry competitor.
(d) A salesman.
15. What freehand exercise requires a chinning bar?
(b) Close-Grip Biceps Chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two factors are key to improvement when developing muscle groups?
2. Why is it important to have a day of rest between each progressive resistance workout?
3. How many months of free weight training are a prerequisite to a progressive resistance weight training program for most people?
4. On what day in your weight training program can you correct weak points in your physique, according to Arnold?
5. How does Arnold manage to maintain his relationship with Weider?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)