|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What additional career is Arnold pursuing in the early 1970's?
2. What should anyone over age 25 have before beginning a weight lifting program?
(a) New equipment.
(b) More carbohydrates.
(c) A vitamin regimen.
(d) A general medical checkup.
3. What creates muscle awareness during weight training?
(a) Taking pictures of the muscles.
(b) Measuring the muscles.
(c) Studying anatomy.
(d) Memorizing the soreness after each specific exercise.
4. What is the only exercise method that develops the body in an even, uniform manner?
(a) Stretching and strengthening.
(b) Alternate weight resistance.
(c) Jogging and lifting.
(d) Progressive weight resistance.
5. How many seconds of rest should you have between each accelerated training exercise set?
6. What are two exercises to build the calves in accelerated training?
(a) Leg raises and twists.
(b) Lunges and sitting calf raises.
(c) Leg raises and lunges.
(d) Standing calf raises and sitting calf raises.
7. In what freehand exercise do you touch the floor only with the chest, hands, and feet?
8. What weight training exercise is performed on Mondays and Thursdays in Schwarzenegger's plan?
(a) The wrist curl.
(b) Rowing with bar.
(d) Lateral raises.
9. In what city does Arnold beat Sergio Oliva in the Mr. World contest?
(d) Los Angeles.
10. What ensures a high energy level for a workout?
(a) Eating something one hour before beginning.
(b) Eating something two hours before beginning.
(c) Eating nothing before beginning.
(d) Having a snack.
11. How much weight should you use when working out with weights?
(a) 12 pounds.
(b) 10 pounds.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Enough to make the exercise challenging.
12. In addition to a warm, kind-hearted friend, what other personality trait does Joe Wider display?
(a) A mild-mannered worker.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A shrewd businessman.
(d) An angry competitor.
13. What is one important factor that should be considered when choosing a gym for progressive resistance weight training?
(a) The availability of trainers.
(b) The location.
(c) The number of members.
(d) The availability of heavy-duty equipment and proper ventilation.
14. What is essential to use when one begins performing any type of bodybuilding training?
(a) The mind.
(d) The body.
15. In California, what type of lessons does Arnold take to improve his posing?
Short Answer Questions
1. The amount of weight in a training program is not as important as is what other element?
2. What factors have influenced the rapid evolution of bodybuilding in the 1970's?
3. What is one freehand exercise performed to condition the abdominal?
4. What term represents the experience of feeling blood rushing into the pectoral muscles?
5. What is exhaled each time resistance is experienced?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)