|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exercise with weights develops the chest muscles?
(a) Lateral raise.
(c) Bench press.
(d) Dorsal stretch.
2. What should anyone over age 25 have before beginning a weight lifting program?
(a) A general medical checkup.
(b) New equipment.
(c) More carbohydrates.
(d) A vitamin regimen.
3. What body parts should be developed equally in a bodybuilding training program?
(a) Upper body, lower body, and abdominal area.
(b) The arms and legs.
(c) The torso and trunk.
(d) The brain and head.
4. What ensures a high energy level for a workout?
(a) Eating something two hours before beginning.
(b) Having a snack.
(c) Eating nothing before beginning.
(d) Eating something one hour before beginning.
5. In a freehand exercise routine, what can provide resistance in addition to free weights?
(a) Expensive weights.
(b) The weight of the equipment.
(c) An individual's own weight.
(d) Extra weights.
6. If you sit for two minutes between each accelerated training set, what happens?
(a) You lose your motivation.
(b) Blood circulation increases and muscle growth occurs.
(c) Blood circulation diminishes and muscle growth does not occur.
(d) Muscle growth occurs.
7. How can limitations in body type be overcome with respect to bodybuilding?
(a) The power of the mind.
(b) More intense training.
(c) New equipment.
(d) The right vitamins.
8. What factors have influenced the rapid evolution of bodybuilding in the 1970's?
(a) The quality of the gym exercise.
(b) The champions of the sport.
(c) Modern training methods, innovations in equipment, and improved knowledge of nutrition.
(d) Degree programs in weight training.
9. Who does Arnold learn is competing in the 1970 Mr. Olympia contest?
(a) Franco Columbu.
(b) Joe Weider.
(c) Reg Park.
(d) Sergio Oliva.
10. On what days in Schwarzenegger's plan do we focus on the back, chest, and shoulders?
(a) Tuesday and Friday.
(b) Monday and Wednesday.
(c) Tuesday and Thursday.
(d) Sunday and Wednesday.
11. What is exhaled each time resistance is experienced?
12. What helps you keep from becoming muscle bound?
(a) Swimming after your weight workout.
(d) Working out more.
13. What weight training exercise is performed on Mondays and Thursdays in Schwarzenegger's plan?
(b) Rowing with bar.
(c) The wrist curl.
(d) Lateral raises.
14. What does Arnold provide Joe Weider in exchange for a car, apartment, and weekly salary?
(a) A ticket home.
(b) A new gym.
(c) His training methods and the rights to use Arnold's photographs in his magazine.
(d) New poses.
15. To what problem can sport-specific training lead?
(a) Imbalances in muscles and physique.
(b) Overuse of muscles.
(c) Calf injuries.
(d) Lactic acid buildup.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what freehand exercise do you touch the floor only with the chest, hands, and feet?
2. What creates muscle awareness during weight training?
3. How many sets and repetitions should you perform when starting weight training?
4. In what year does Arnold fall in love with Barbara?
5. What type of squats are recommended during weight training?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)