|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Arnold begin corresponding with a bodybuilder after the Mr. Universe competition?
2. How many substantial meals does Arnold eat between his two workout sessions?
3. Who adopts Arnold as a protégé?
(a) His father.
(b) His soccer coach.
(c) The bodybuilders in the gym.
(d) His neighbor.
4. What is Arnold's next goal upon his return to Munich?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To get back to the gym and start training for next year's contest.
(c) To visit his parents.
(d) To resume weightlifting.
5. What is Karl Gerstl's profession?
6. What do his parents say about Arnold's emotional distance?
(a) He is too intense.
(b) He has no feelings.
(c) He must see his pastor.
(d) He cannot go to parties.
7. In addition to England, where does Arnold give an exhibition performance with Reg Park?
8. What does Arnold do when he returns to Munich after the 1967 Mr. Universe competition?
(a) Shocks his body with non-standard exercises.
(b) Buys another gym.
(c) Takes up running.
(d) Gets a new girlfriend.
9. What does Arnold achieve at the Austrian heavyweight division?
(a) Second place.
(b) Last place.
(c) First place.
10. With whom does Arnold correspond after the Mr. Universe competition?
(a) His mother.
(b) Reg Park.
(c) His father.
(d) Franco Columbu.
11. How does Arnold learn about Tinnerino's capabilities?
(a) He sends a friend to spy on him.
(b) He photographs him during pre-competition.
(c) He asks the judges.
(d) He videotapes him warming up.
12. Why is Arnold's father alarmed about his increased workouts as a teenager in Graz?
(a) Arnold isn't training enough.
(b) It is keeping the family awake at night.
(c) His equipment isn't sturdy enough.
(d) Arnold would over-train himself.
13. What is Reg Park's bodybuilding theory?
(a) Practice makes perfect.
(b) An individual must build mass and chisel it down to quality, like a sculptor.
(c) You must work out six times a week.
(d) Symmetry is critical to a bodybuilder.
14. What problem does owning the health club cause Arnold?
(a) Loss of a training partner.
(b) Health issues.
(c) Added stress in his routine.
(d) Financial worries.
15. What does Arnold discover while visiting Reg Park in South Africa?
(a) What little work he still needs for his career.
(b) That he needs to find a new career.
(c) That Reg Park has really nice neighbors.
(d) What a life of luxury and elegance can be like.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many competitions must Arnold win to truly be considered as Mr. Universe?
2. What is the audience reaction to the use of "Exodus" during Arnold's routine?
3. What is Arnold's biggest advantage after the Mr. Universe contest?
4. What is Arnold's first competitive weightlifting goal?
5. In what two areas does Arnold think Tinnerino can beat him?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)