|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Arnold's father alarmed about his increased workouts as a teenager in Graz?
(a) Arnold would over-train himself.
(b) His equipment isn't sturdy enough.
(c) It is keeping the family awake at night.
(d) Arnold isn't training enough.
2. How does Arnold learn about Tinnerino's capabilities?
(a) He videotapes him warming up.
(b) He photographs him during pre-competition.
(c) He asks the judges.
(d) He sends a friend to spy on him.
3. What does Arnold achieve at the Austrian heavyweight division?
(a) Second place.
(b) Last place.
(c) First place.
4. After becoming a hero in the Army, what is made available to Arnold?
(a) A new uniform.
(b) A discharge.
(c) A weight-lifting gym.
(d) A better car.
5. What is Arnold's next goal upon his return to Munich?
(a) To resume weightlifting.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To get back to the gym and start training for next year's contest.
(d) To visit his parents.
6. About what does Arnold take notes during the exhibitions?
(a) His travels.
(b) Other bodybuilders.
(c) Any advice from Reg Park.
(d) New music for his routines.
7. In what two areas does Arnold think Tinnerino can beat him?
(a) Lats and abdominals
(b) Calves and abdominals.
(c) Gluts and calves.
(d) Abdominals and gluts.
8. Who serves as Arnold's translator of bodybuilding journals written in English?
(a) Karl Gerstl.
(b) Arnold's father.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Reg Park.
9. What does Arnold do to accentuate the definition and separation of specific muscle groups?
(a) Develops new weightlifting routines.
(b) Buys new exercise equipment.
(c) Massages his muscles.
(d) Develops special exercises.
10. In 1968, who invites Arnold to compete in the United States?
(a) A judge.
(b) Joe Weider.
(c) Reg Park.
(d) Franco Columbu.
11. Why do the senior officers make Arnold a hero?
(a) Arnold donates his prize money.
(b) They are happy for him.
(c) He teaches them to lift weights.
(d) The prize gives the Army prestige.
12. What do Arnold's supporters do when he returns to Munich?
(a) Mob him.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Give him an award.
(d) Give him the key to the city.
13. How old is Arnold when he discovers the sport of bodybuilding?
14. What stimulates Arnold's enormous drive for success?
(a) His army experience.
(b) The lack of recognition in his childhood.
(c) His lack of a girlfriend.
(d) His lack of funds.
15. What happens after Arnold overdoes his first workout?
(a) He does some stretching exercises.
(b) He calls home for a ride.
(c) He takes a nap before heading home.
(d) He has to push his bicycle home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town does Arnold grow up?
2. What is Karl Gerstl's profession?
3. How does Arnold divide his training after winning the Mr. Europe Junior trophy?
4. What do his parents say about Arnold's emotional distance?
5. Why does Arnold take a risk to leave the Army base?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)