|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who storms out of the Project Complex?
2. Why do Jack, Lya, and Holly hate Felix when they wear the helmets?
3. What is the effect on the receiving party if you have more than one helmet receiving the emotional transmission from the Armor?
4. What planet does Jack say was destroyed two years ago?
5. What does Hollis discover about the coil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in Armor. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Steakley's choice of writing the story from distinctly two points of view, that of Felix and that of Jack Crow, interspersed with some third-person narrative is effective. How do these varying perspectives add fullness to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)