|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came in first place at the Armored Olympics?
2. What comforts Felix?
3. What does the prisoner see when he arrives at Sanction?
4. When Felix is dropped, what happens?
5. What does Hollis recognize the armor in the space craft that the prisoner show him to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felix realize when he wakes up?
2. What does Lewis do that surprises Jack and Hollis and prevents Borglyn from overtaking the planet?
3. What does Felix discover has happened to the A-team and what does he do?
4. Describe the A-team and their plan.
5. What happens to Felix after Allie dies in his arms?
6. What does Felix do when he hears that he is assigned to another drop?
7. What makes Felix weep?
8. Who contacts Holly, Jack, and Lya from Golden and what do they tell them?
9. What does Jack do in order to execute Borglyn's plan?
10. Describe the changes Felix experiences as the Engine.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Steakley's choice of writing the story from distinctly two points of view, that of Felix and that of Jack Crow, interspersed with some third-person narrative is effective. How do these varying perspectives add fullness to the story?
Essay Topic 2
How is war portrayed in Armor? How does this depiction vary from traditional stories? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
The concept of good versus evil appears throughout the book. Who, in your opinion, is good? Who is bad? Why? Do these characters change over time? Why or why not? Describe.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)