|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cannot be reached using a radio band to come and rescue?
2. What is Knuckle?
3. What is the leader of the crew willing to give the prisoner in exchange for his work at the project?
4. What does the prisoner realize about the pirate after he talks about the war and ants?
5. What did the prisoner's former cell mate do for a vocation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happened to Felix's wife.
2. When the prisoner talks to Borglyn, what is he surprised to discover?
3. Who kidnaps Jack and why?
4. What does Lewis do that surprises Jack and Hollis and prevents Borglyn from overtaking the planet?
5. What makes Felix weep?
6. What does Hollis want to do with the suit?
7. What does Jack do that makes the citizens of Sanction trust him?
8. What do Holly, Jack, and Lya find disgusting?
9. Why did Felix leave Golden?
10. How does the book Armor end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The armor suit has particular significance in Armor. What is the significance of having armor in the story? Why does Hollis want to experience the armor suit? Who is terrified by the suit? Who avoids the suit?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Steakley's choice of writing the story from distinctly two points of view, that of Felix and that of Jack Crow, interspersed with some third-person narrative is effective. How do these varying perspectives add fullness to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Steakley is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)