|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the percentage that the guy who knows about statistics offers Felix of his chance of survival initially?
2. What does the prisoner realize about the pirate after he talks about the war and ants?
3. What does the prisoner call the fat man?
4. What would the prisoner prefer to death?
5. What does Felix realize about the experienced scout when the Ant attack momentarily stops?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nathan Kent.
2. Who contacts Holly, Jack, and Lya from Golden and what do they tell them?
3. What does Borgyln offer Jack in exchange for helping him?
4. Who is Jack's contact and why is he angry with Jack?
5. What does Felix do when he hears that he is assigned to another drop?
6. What does the prisoner discover about the two men in front of the Coyote?
7. What does Felix realize when he wakes up?
8. What does Jack do in order to execute Borglyn's plan?
9. Describe the Fleet and the ship Terra.
10. Describe the A-team and their plan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for Armor. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. How do these settings even if imaginary, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use these places in the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Survival is a big theme in Armor. What does it mean to survive? Is survival a human instinct? Does survival surmount the need for empathy? Discuss.
Essay Topic 3
Steakley is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)