|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Felix drop to?
2. What makes Felix weep?
3. What has poisonous water and harsh temperatures?
4. What was most impressive about the army?
5. What does the leader of the pirate call the prisoner after he eats and tells stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jack conflicted about Hollis and Lya?
2. Describe how Jack and Eyes interact in the Epilogue.
3. Describe the planet Banshee.
4. What does Felix realize when he wakes up?
5. Describe a scout.
6. Why does the Engine fight for Felix?
7. What does Wice say that confuses Jack at first but also reveals that Wice and Borglyn have something bigger planned than Jack knows?
8. Why do people think Felix will not talk and what is the real reason?
9. What does Hollis do that both Lya and Jack think is dangerous?
10. Describe the changes Felix experiences as the Engine.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the depiction of the only two female characters in the book, Lya and Karen.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in Armor. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)