|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amadeus see when he rips the covering off his mirror?
2. Where do Amadeus' friends take him for an evening out on the town?
3. What power does the man inside the room with Greek inscription offer to the hero?
4. What is the creature associated with the astrological sign Pisces?
5. What creature is related to the Tarot moon card?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the hero's meeting with Maxie Zeus.
2. Explain what happens when the villain decides whether the hero lives or dies?
3. Briefly discuss Amadeus' death.
4. How does the hero defeat Clayface?
5. How does the Mad Hatter explain "disorder"? What does he warn the hero about the asylum?
6. Describe Doctor Destiny's appearance and what made him a dangerous villain. How does the hero defeat him?
7. What in the novel makes a connection between past and present? Explain why.
8. What is ironic about Cavendish calling the hero a "mommy's boy"?
9. Who is the little girl at the end of the novel and why are her panels important?
10. Where does the blood trail lead and what does the hero realize at the end of it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Relate the differences and similarities specifically to this graphic novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's writing experience and his successes of this book and others.
Essay Topic 3
Other than Batman, what is the importance of the bat to this novel?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)