|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Two Face knock down at the end of the novel?
2. What weapon has the captor used on the hostage in the secret room?
3. What does Arkham carve into the floor?
4. How many people does Amadeus see in the reflection when he rips the covering off his mirror?
5. What substance does Cavendish say he sprinkled around the asylum?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arkham get the laughing he hears from an empty room to stop. Why does this work?
2. Why do colleagues offer specific praise to Amadeus when he opens his asylum?
3. Name one way in which the moon is symbolic of the Joker.
4. What is ironic about Cavendish calling the hero a "mommy's boy"?
5. How does a memory from decades earlier described in Arkham's journal relate to the hero?
6. Why does Arkham write his journal? What does the location where he stores it say about him?
7. Why doesn't the hero simply leave once Cavendish has been killed? What does he do instead?
8. Discuss the hero's meeting with Maxie Zeus.
9. Explain why Cavendish gets involved in crossing the lives of Arkham and the hero.
10. How does Arkham use therapy as revenge? What is the public perception of the revenge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Batman and Amadeus Arkham. How do their parallel stories finally intersect?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character description for the Joker. How does the Joker in the novel differ from the writer's original concept of him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's writing experience and his successes of this book and others.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)