|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Amadeus get to play chess in Europe?
2. Who searches for the hero inside the asylum?
3. What is the first movie the hero watched with his parents?
4. What was Amadeus' wife's name?
5. Who inspires Amadeus to open the asylum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss Harvey Dent's observation about the moon and earth.
2. Discuss briefly two ways in which the clown fish is important to this story.
3. Why does the hero initially say he will not go to the asylum?
4. Were the asylum administrator and psychotherapist hostages? Explain why or why not.
5. Why does the hero cut himself as he runs through the mirrored halls of the asylum?
6. What is the final demand the inmates make when they take over the asylum?
7. Name three of the patients inside the asylum and tell why they are there.
8. Briefly describe the mentality of the Joker and his opening joke while on the phone with the hero.
9. Discuss the dual personality of Harvey Dent.
10. How does Arkham see his drive to turn the family house into an asylum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the structure of a graphic novel relate important information such as time and speed to the reader? Give examples from the story to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Define symbolism. Discuss the moon as a symbol in Arkham Asylum. How does this symbol relate to the story? Why is this an important aspect of symbolism in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which type of conflict is present in this graphic novel?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)