|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Amadeus keep his journal?
(a) On his night stand.
(b) In the secret room.
(c) In his top desk drawer.
(d) Hidden outside.
2. Who is being held hostage in the secret room when the hero finds it?
(a) The Joker.
3. What power does the man inside the room with Greek inscription offer to the hero?
4. Which villain complains about his diseased skin?
(c) Mad Dog.
(d) Two Face.
5. Who released the prisoners from the asylum?
(a) Dr. Destiny.
(d) The Joker.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Amadeus electrocute his victim?
2. Who destroys the asylum?
3. How many people does Amadeus see in the reflection when he rips the covering off his mirror?
4. What object used by the hero for protection also injures him?
5. What does Two Face knock down at the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect has the secret room had on Cavendish and why?
2. How does the hero defeat Clayface?
3. How are the challenges facing the hero as he walks through the asylum parallel to Arkham's own challenges as simultaneously reflected in his journal?
4. What does Croc symbolize in the novel?
5. Briefly discuss Amadeus' death.
6. Why do colleagues offer specific praise to Amadeus when he opens his asylum?
7. Explain what happens when the villain decides whether the hero lives or dies?
8. What idea does the hero contrive to allow the inmates to decide whether he lives or dies?
9. What is ironic about Cavendish calling the hero a "mommy's boy"?
10. Explain how a statue helps save the hero's life.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)