|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the decision made to determine whether the hero goes free?
(a) Tarot cards.
(b) Flipping a coin.
(c) Eeeny, meenie, miney, moe.
(d) Rolling dice.
2. What does Amadeus feel when he electrocutes his victim?
3. What can the moon symbolize on a Tarot card?
(c) Rainy day prediction.
4. Who throws the hero through a window?
(a) Two Face.
(b) Dr. Destiny.
(c) The Joker.
5. Who does Amadeus see when he rips the covering off his mirror?
(b) Himself and his mother.
(c) Himself, his wife, daughter, mother and father.
(d) Himself, his wife, and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Amadeus name the asylum?
2. In what does Two Face lose interest at the end of the novel?
3. What was the outcome of the decision to let the hero go free at the end?
4. To which country does the man inside the room with Greek inscription want to bring paradise?
5. What does Arkham carve into the floor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Croc symbolize in the novel?
2. Briefly discuss the symbolism of Two Face knocking down the card house.
3. How does a memory from decades earlier described in Arkham's journal relate to the hero?
4. What idea does the hero contrive to allow the inmates to decide whether he lives or dies?
5. How does the hero defeat Clayface?
6. How does Arkham get the laughing he hears from an empty room to stop. Why does this work?
7. Describe Doctor Destiny's appearance and what made him a dangerous villain. How does the hero defeat him?
8. What is ironic about Cavendish calling the hero a "mommy's boy"?
9. How are the challenges facing the hero as he walks through the asylum parallel to Arkham's own challenges as simultaneously reflected in his journal?
10. How does Arkham use therapy as revenge? What is the public perception of the revenge?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)