|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Amadeus meet famous psychoanalyst Karl Jung?
2. The story is introduced with a quote from which story that is a long-time children's favorite?
(a) Charlotte's Web.
(b) The Secret of the Old Clock.
(c) Alice in Wonderland.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
3. Who does the commissioner want to send with the hero to the asylum?
(a) The CIA.
(b) No one.
(c) A SWAT team.
(d) The FBI.
4. What does the ill mother have in her mouth when she refuses her meal?
5. Which villain has been chained in the asylum basement?
(a) Two Face.
(b) Clown Fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is the hero instructed to bring for the kitchen girl?
2. What kind of necklace was the hero's mother wearing when she died?
3. Who suggests the hero belongs in the asylum?
4. What does the hero reveal about his plan to go to the asylum?
5. What is Two Face's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arkham see his drive to turn the family house into an asylum?
2. What does the sound of Harriet's clock symbolize when Arkham walks in and finds his wife and daughter dead?
3. Discuss the symbolism of the wedding dress in this story.
4. Discuss the mental illness of Martin "Mad Dog" Hawkins.
5. What does the slap on the hero's rear indicate when he enters into the asylum? Who slaps him?
6. Why does the Joker imply an illicit sexual relationship with the hero's sidekick? What exactly does he imply?
7. Why does the hero initially say he will not go to the asylum?
8. What do Jung and Crowley symbolize and how do they become part of the story?
9. Explain the therapy being used to help cure Harvey Dent.
10. Briefly describe the mentality of the Joker and his opening joke while on the phone with the hero.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)