|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who searches for the hero inside the asylum?
(b) All his enemies.
2. Which hero is featured in Arkham Asylum?
(a) The Flash.
(c) Wonder Woman.
3. What is disturbing about the drawings of Amadeus' daughter?
(a) They are all black.
(b) They are all upside down.
(c) They are all mirror images.
(d) They are all red.
4. Why does the ill mother refuse her meal?
(a) She doesn't like meatloaf.
(b) She wanted pizza.
(c) She has already eaten.
(d) She is not hungry.
5. The story is introduced with a quote from which story that is a long-time children's favorite?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Charlotte's Web.
(c) The Secret of the Old Clock.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company owns the hero character featured in Arkham Asylum?
2. What is above a pile of mannequins in the asylum?
3. Who says they smell excrement on the floor of the asylum?
4. Who has nightmares when Amadeus and his family move into the old house?
5. To what does the French term for April Fool translate?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Joker's reasoning for having the hero come to the asylum seems to differ from other inmates' reasons. What is the difference?
2. What does the slap on the hero's rear indicate when he enters into the asylum? Who slaps him?
3. Why does the hero cut himself as he runs through the mirrored halls of the asylum?
4. Discuss the dual personality of Harvey Dent.
5. Why does the Joker imply an illicit sexual relationship with the hero's sidekick? What exactly does he imply?
6. What does the sound of Harriet's clock symbolize when Arkham walks in and finds his wife and daughter dead?
7. Why does the hero initially say he will not go to the asylum?
8. What is the importance of Martin "Mad Dog" Hawkins to this novel?
9. What do Jung and Crowley symbolize and how do they become part of the story?
10. Were the asylum administrator and psychotherapist hostages? Explain why or why not.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)