|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the man inside the room with Greek inscription say he is?
2. Who is being held hostage in the secret room when the hero finds it?
(d) The Joker.
3. What kind of therapy is the villain receiving behind the door with Greek inscription?
4. What does Two Face knock down at the end of the novel?
(a) The Joker.
(b) A house of cards.
(c) A checker board.
(d) The hero.
5. What symbol is used to represent the Black Mask at the end of the novel?
(a) A Lone Ranger mask.
(b) Theater masks.
(c) A blank square.
(d) A feathery Mardi Gras mask.
6. On what day does Amadeus electrocute his victim?
(a) April 22.
(b) April 9.
(c) April 15.
(d) April 1.
7. What is the women's article of clothing worn by a man in the secret room when the hero enters?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) An evening gown.
(c) A night gown.
(d) A mini dress.
8. What object used by the hero for protection also injures him?
(a) A broken piece of mirror.
(b) The spear.
(c) His claws.
(d) A gun.
9. What item or weapon is used to destroy the asylum?
(b) A spear.
(c) An ax.
(d) A water hose.
10. To whom does the book belong that the hero is shown in the secret room?
(c) The hero.
11. What leads the hero to a room where a hostage is being held?
(a) A trail of blood.
(b) Scratch marks on the floor.
(c) Coins point the way.
12. Where does Amadeus keep his journal?
(a) In his top desk drawer.
(b) In the secret room.
(c) Hidden outside.
(d) On his night stand.
13. What symbol represents the Joker at the end of the novel?
(a) A laughing smile.
(b) An exclamation point.
(c) A star.
(d) A moon.
14. How does Amadeus stop the noise that he hears coming from an empty room?
(a) Tapes the windows.
(b) Tapes over the mirror.
(c) Tapes his ears.
(d) Tapes over the door.
15. What do the words around the hero's image describe at the end of the novel?
(a) The asylum.
(b) Cowardly criminals.
(c) His mental instability.
(d) The Joker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the decision made to determine whether the hero goes free?
2. What power does the man inside the room with Greek inscription offer to the hero?
3. Whom does Amadeus electrocute?
4. What does the man inside the room with Greek inscription say empowers him?
5. Which character drags a pitchfork along the floor of the asylum as he walks?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)