|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ari's English teacher in 1987?
2. How old is Gina Navarro in Section 5, Chapter 31?
3. Where does Dante get a job?
4. In Section 4, Chapter 7, where does Ari think will be the first place he wants to drive his new pickup?
5. How old was Dante's mother when he was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Section 4, Chapter 9, what does Ari think he might do when he grows up?
2. How does Mrs. Quintana look different to Ari in Section 6, Chapter 2?
3. What does Dante get Ari for Christmas in Section 5, Chapter 24, and what does Ari do with his gift?
4. How does Ari get beer in Section 5, Chapter 22?
5. Who is Ileana?
6. What does Ari do when Sam and Soledad admire his truck?
7. What does Ari's mother plan to do for New Year's eve?
8. How does Ari get a dog?
9. How do Gina and Susie react when Ari tells them how he got hurt?
10. What do Dante and Ari do together when they drive out to the desert in Section 6, Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ari has a long recovery. How does Ari's recovery affect Ari and his relationships with Dante and Dante's family? Are the effects more positive or negative?
Essay Topic 2
Ari doesn't think he is a hero for saving Dante. Why do some people think Ari is a hero? Why doesn't Ari think he is a hero? How are Ari's feelings about being a hero related to his self-esteem issues?
Essay Topic 3
In Section 6, Ari has a lot of anger he is holding inside. Why is Ari so angry and how does his anger affect his relationship with his father and with Dante?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)