|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Ari's mother and aunt write one another throughout the years?
2. In Section 5, Chapter 25, who does Ari say is his girlfriend?
3. Where does Dante get a job?
4. How old was Dante's mother when he was born?
5. At the beginning of Section 6, Chapter 1, what song does Ari have in his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ari get a dog?
2. What does Ari do in January, February, March, and April 1988?
3. What does Ari do after he gets his license in Section 5, Chapter 21?
4. What does Ari tell Dante about his brother in Section 6, Chapter 4, when they drive out into the desert?
5. Why does Ari's mother do icebreakers with her students on the first day of school?
6. What does Ari ask Gina and Susie to do with him in Section 5, Chapter 31?
7. Who is Ileana?
8. How do Gina and Susie find out the truth about Ari's injuries in Section 6, Chapter 8?
9. What does Ari do when Sam and Soledad admire his truck?
10. How do Gina and Susie react when Ari tells them how he got hurt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ari's father teaches him to drive. What does Ari learn about himself and his father because of the lessons and how does he feel about that revelation?
Essay Topic 2
Ari has mixed feelings about Dante's move to Chicago. What does Ari feel about Dante moving away and why he is conflicted about the move? Do his concerns about the move come true?
Essay Topic 3
Ari says that the summer sun is not meant for boys like him. What are boys like him meant for and why?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)