|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 5, Chapter 25, who does Ari say is his girlfriend?
2. Why do Ari and his father have to go somewhere in Section 6, Chapter 11?
3. How tall is Dante in Section 6, Chapter 2?
4. In Section 5, Chapter 30, how long is it until Dante comes back to El Paso?
5. What constellation does Dante point out to Ari in Section 6, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dante get Ari for Christmas in Section 5, Chapter 24, and what does Ari do with his gift?
2. What does Ari's mother plan to do for New Year's eve?
3. How do Gina and Susie find out the truth about Ari's injuries in Section 6, Chapter 8?
4. Where does Dante get a job and why does he like working there?
5. What does Ari dream in Section 4, Chapter 7?
6. What does Ari do when he finds an envelope with his brother's name on it?
7. What do Dante and Ari do together when they drive out to the desert in Section 6, Chapter 10?
8. At the end of Section 4, Chapter 9, what does Ari think he might do when he grows up?
9. What does Ari ask Gina and Susie to do with him in Section 5, Chapter 31?
10. Why does Ari's mother do icebreakers with her students on the first day of school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ari has mixed feelings about Dante's move to Chicago. What does Ari feel about Dante moving away and why he is conflicted about the move? Do his concerns about the move come true?
Essay Topic 2
Ari says that the summer sun is not meant for boys like him. What are boys like him meant for and why?
Essay Topic 3
Ari's father teaches him to drive. What does Ari learn about himself and his father because of the lessons and how does he feel about that revelation?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)