|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What days of the week do Ari and his father go for Ari's driving lessons?
2. In Section 4, Chapter 8, how many letters does Ari get from Dante in one day?
3. In Section 4, Chapter 9, who does Ari think about when he is sad?
4. What does Ari have for dinner after working at the Charcoaler in Section 5. Chapter 25?
5. At the beginning of Section 6, Chapter 1, what song does Ari have in his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ari tell Dante about his brother in Section 6, Chapter 4, when they drive out into the desert?
2. At the end of Section 5, Chapter 20, how does Ari decide he is like and unlike his father?
3. How does Ari get beer in Section 5, Chapter 22?
4. Why does Ari's mother do icebreakers with her students on the first day of school?
5. How do Gina and Susie find out the truth about Ari's injuries in Section 6, Chapter 8?
6. What does Ari dream in Section 4, Chapter 7?
7. What does Ari ask Gina and Susie to do with him in Section 5, Chapter 31?
8. What is Ari's new truck and what does it look like?
9. How does Ari feel about summer at the beginning of Section 6?
10. What does Dante get Ari for Christmas in Section 5, Chapter 24, and what does Ari do with his gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ari and his father are alone together while his mother visits an aunt. What does Ari learn about his father and his family during that time, and how does that information affect his relationship with his father?
Essay Topic 2
Ari's family is very different from Dante's family. How are the two families alike and unalike and how does that affect each boy's perception of the world around him?
Essay Topic 3
Ari has a love/hate relationship with summer. Why does Ari hate and love summer? How is growing up and meeting Dante affecting how he feels about summer?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)