|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle does Ari want when he turns 16?
2. Who gives Ari a sponge bath in Section 3, Chapter 8?
3. What is Ari's brother's name?
4. What is the narrator's racial heritage in Section 1, Chapter 2?
5. What body parts does Ari have in a cast in Section 3, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ari go for a drive with Dante and his parents in Section 1, Chapter 10 and why?
2. What is Dante's father like?
3. What high schools do Ari and Dante attend and why?
4. What is the weather like when Ari comes home from the hospital?
5. What does Dante give Ari's dad and how does his dad accept the gift?
6. When and how did Ari's mother finish her bachelor's degree?
7. Why does Ari write in his journal that he is glad Dante is leaving for Chicago?
8. Why does Ari like the drawing of the chair that Dante creates for him?
9. What is Ari's mood at the beginning of Section 1, Chapter 1?
10. Why doesn't Ari like dealing with his mother's Catholic-Church-lady friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel Ari is looking for answers to life. What secrets does he learn, and how do they affect his life and relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Ari's family is very different from Dante's family. How are the two families alike and unalike and how does that affect each boy's perception of the world around him?
Essay Topic 3
Ari's father teaches him to drive. What does Ari learn about himself and his father because of the lessons and how does he feel about that revelation?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)