|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ari's father's occupation?
2. What is Dante's mother's nickname?
3. In Section 2, Chapter 7, how old is Ari in his dream where he is holding his brother's hand?
4. What medicine does Ari's mother give him in Section 2, Chapter 1?
5. What is Ari's brother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ari describe his journal?
2. Why doesn't Ari like dealing with his mother's Catholic-Church-lady friends?
3. What is the first thing that Ari dreams in Section 2, Chapter 1?
4. When and how did Ari's mother finish her bachelor's degree?
5. Why doesn't Dante get along with his cousins?
6. How often does Ari's father visit Ari when he is in the hospital and what do they do together?
7. How does Ari describe his surgeon?
8. How does Dante feel about a dead bird in Section 1, Chapter 12?
9. What is Ari's mood at the beginning of Section 1, Chapter 1?
10. Why doesn't Ari ask his father questions and how does he learn who is father is without asking questions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ari has mixed feelings about Dante's move to Chicago. What does Ari feel about Dante moving away and why he is conflicted about the move? Do his concerns about the move come true?
Essay Topic 2
Ari's father teaches him to drive. What does Ari learn about himself and his father because of the lessons and how does he feel about that revelation?
Essay Topic 3
Ari doesn't think he is a hero for saving Dante. Why do some people think Ari is a hero? Why doesn't Ari think he is a hero? How are Ari's feelings about being a hero related to his self-esteem issues?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)