|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dante read to Ari in Section 2, Chapter 6?
2. How old was Dante when he threw out all of his father's papers?
3. What does the narrator's mother's occupation in Section 1, Chapter 2?
4. What branch of service was Ari's father in?
5. What is Ari's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ari write in his journal that he is glad Dante is leaving for Chicago?
2. What did Dante used to call himself and why did he quit using that nickname?
3. When and how did Ari's mother finish her bachelor's degree?
4. Were does Ari wake up and how does he feel in Section 3, Chapter 1?
5. What do Ari and Dante's families do together before the Quintanas leave?
6. How does Ari describe his surgeon?
7. How does Ari describe his journal?
8. Why does Dante's mom want him to wear shoes?
9. What does Ari discover about himself at the beginning of Section 2, Chapter 3?
10. What is Ari's mood at the beginning of Section 1, Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gina and Susie frustrate Ari when they are first introduced in the novel. How does Ari's relationship change with the girls and why does it change so dramatically?
Essay Topic 2
In Section 6, Ari has a lot of anger he is holding inside. Why is Ari so angry and how does his anger affect his relationship with his father and with Dante?
Essay Topic 3
Ari does not drink and drive. Does Ari refrain from drinking and driving because of his mother's rules or for another reason?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)