|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his journal, what does Ari write that he'd really like for his 16th birthday?
(a) To never see Dante again.
(b) His drivers license.
(c) To be able to walk without crutches.
(d) To talk about his brother.
2. What is Ari's mother doing at the beginning of Section 2, Chapter 8?
(b) Cleaning out cabinets.
(d) Working on lesson plans.
3. How old is the narrator in Section 1, Chapter 1?
4. How long does Mrs. Quintana expect to be away from her practice when the family goes to Chicago?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 11 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 9 months.
5. How many nieces and nephews does Ari have?
(a) 3 nieces and 4 nephews.
(b) 2 nieces and 1 nephew.
(c) 4 nieces and 6 nephews.
(d) 1 niece and 1 nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the accident does Ari go to the doctor's office to get new casts and x-rays?
2. What does Dante give Ari to read in Section 2, Chapter 4?
3. Why does Dante say that he speak funny?
4. Why is Ari happy at the end Section 2, Chapter 2?
5. What body parts does Ari have in a cast in Section 3, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ari describe his journal?
2. What type of vehicle does Ari say he wants for his 16th birthday?
3. What do Ari and Dante's families do together before the Quintanas leave?
4. What rules does Ari want Dante to follow in Section 3, Chapter 3?
5. What did Ari receive for his birthday when he was in sixth grade and how did the presents work out for him?
6. Why does Dante's mom want him to wear shoes?
7. What does Dante give Ari's dad and how does his dad accept the gift?
8. What is the first thing that Ari dreams in Section 2, Chapter 1?
9. How does Ari describe his family?
10. Where does Ari go for a drive with Dante and his parents in Section 1, Chapter 10 and why?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)