|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ari's mother cry in Section 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Because she is sick.
(b) Because she is tired.
(c) Because Ari has been so sick.
(d) Because Ari doesn't have friends.
2. What is the narrator's racial heritage in Section 1, Chapter 2?
(b) Middle Eastern.
3. In Section 1, Chapter 7, what is on the walls of Ari's bedroom?
(a) Framed prints.
(c) His artwork.
4. What is Dante's father's occupation?
(c) History professor.
(d) English professor.
5. Where did Dante's parents meet?
(c) Graduate school.
(d) Family reunion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ari is in the hospital, how many times does Dante visit him after Ari regains consciousness?
2. Who gives Ari a sponge bath in Section 3, Chapter 8?
3. Why does Dante say that he speak funny?
4. Where is Ari's brother in Section 1, Chapter 4?
5. When Ari's wakes in Section 2, Chapter 4, what has Dante left for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Were does Ari wake up and how does he feel in Section 3, Chapter 1?
2. Why doesn't Ari ask his father questions and how does he learn who is father is without asking questions?
3. How often does Ari's father visit Ari when he is in the hospital and what do they do together?
4. Where does Ari go for a drive with Dante and his parents in Section 1, Chapter 10 and why?
5. What does Ari discover about himself at the beginning of Section 2, Chapter 3?
6. What is Dante's father like?
7. Why doesn't Ari like dealing with his mother's Catholic-Church-lady friends?
8. How does Ari describe his journal?
9. What did Dante used to call himself and why did he quit using that nickname?
10. When and how did Ari's mother finish her bachelor's degree?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)