|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ileana?
2. What did Ari's aunt leave him when she died?
(a) A piece of land.
(b) Her car.
(d) Her house.
3. Why do Ari and his father have to go somewhere in Section 6, Chapter 11?
(a) His mother broke her leg.
(b) His nieces are sick.
(c) His sisters are sick.
(d) His aunt has had a stroke.
4. What does Ari's mom say about his driving in Section 5, Chapter 20?
(a) He needs more practice.
(b) He drives fast.
(c) He needs to relax.
(d) He weaves too much.
5. In Section 5, Chapter 24, what is Dante doing in a picture he sends Ari?
(a) Kissing a girl.
(b) Sitting on a couch with his parents.
(c) Standing by his Christmas tree.
6. What do Dante and Ari do in the rain in Section 6, Chapter 10?
(a) Lay in the pickup bed.
(c) Sit in the truck.
(d) Run with no clothes on.
7. What is the name of Ari's aunt who lives in Tucson?
8. At the beginning of Section 6, Chapter 1, what song does Ari have in his head?
(a) Chicago song.
(b) Alice Cooper song.
(c) Song by Men at Work.
(d) Song by Rush.
9. What does Ari's mother make to eat on New Year's eve?
(b) Fried plantains.
(c) Menudo and tamales.
(d) Ceviche and tacos.
10. In Section 4, Chapter 8, how many letters does Ari get from Dante in one day?
11. Where does Dante say he wants to live in Section 4, Chapter 8?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) El Paso.
12. What is Ileana's last name?
13. In Section 6, Chapter 11, where does Ari's father want to go?
14. What brand pickup does Ari get for his sixteenth birthday?
15. What time does Ari invite Dante to go running in Section 6, Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 6, Chapter 9, what is Ari's father doing with Dante's father?
2. In Section 4, Chapter 9, who does Ari think about when he is sad?
3. Who kisses Ari on New Year's eve?
4. Where is Ari's mom in Section 6, Chapter 6?
5. Who comes over in Section 5, Chapter 22, when Ari's parents are gone?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)