|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Ari invite Dante to go running in Section 6, Chapter 6?
2. Where are Dante and his parents driving on their way back to El Paso?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Great Lakes.
3. What does Dante bring on a drive in Section 6, Chapter 10?
4. How old is Ileana?
5. What brand pickup does Ari get for his sixteenth birthday?
6. In Section 6, Chapter 8, who does Dante meet at work that goes to Ari's school?
(c) Gina and Susie.
7. What do Dante and Ari do in the rain in Section 6, Chapter 10?
(b) Sit in the truck.
(c) Run with no clothes on.
(d) Lay in the pickup bed.
8. Where is Ari's mom in Section 6, Chapter 6?
9. Where does Ari drive his parents after he gets his license?
(a) Las Cruces, New Mexico.
(b) Lubbock, Texas.
(c) Mesilla, New Mexico.
(d) Amarillo, Texas.
10. In Section 5, Chapter 30, what is the ratio of Dante letters to Ari letters?
(a) 7 to 1.
(b) 8 to 3.
(c) 10 to 4.
(d) 5 to 2.
11. In Section 4, Chapter 9, who wants Ari to do drugs?
(a) Charlie Escobedo.
(b) Susie Byrd.
(c) Gina Navarro.
(d) Johnny Alvarez.
12. At the beginning of Section 6, Chapter 1, what song does Ari have in his head?
(a) Song by Rush.
(b) Chicago song.
(c) Alice Cooper song.
(d) Song by Men at Work.
13. What is the subject of the book that Dante's mother is writing while they are in Chicago?
(a) Anxiety and young people.
(b) Young people and relationships with parents.
(c) Addictions and young people.
(d) Interracial relations and young people.
14. In Section 4, Chapter 7, where does Ari think will be the first place he wants to drive his new pickup?
(d) Los Angeles.
15. In Section 5, Chapter 25, what does Dante say that Ari got him for Christmas?
(a) Colored pencils and drawing paper.
(b) A box of art supplies.
(c) Pastels and a sketchbook.
(d) An art book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dante and Ari eat at the end of Section 6, Chapter 10?
2. Who comes over in Section 5, Chapter 22, when Ari's parents are gone?
3. What is the name of the girl that Dante mentions he talked to at a party in Section 4, Chapter 8?
4. In Section 4, Chapter 9, what is the topic of the essay that Dante doesn't want to write?
5. Where does Dante say he wants to live in Section 4, Chapter 8?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)